ADVERTISEMENT

MU Gamethread

Marquette has had trouble with fouls all year. Especially John and Garcia. We're playing right into their gameplay by not going at those two better. Only two team fouls after 16 minutes is no bueno.
They have committed many fouls that were not called.

We have lead but very ugly game. Not having Aiken hurts flow of offense. Especially with Shavar in foul trouble. Need to play much better in second half. Letting an inferior team hang around.

We are getting mugged on offense. Nobody can hit an outside shot. All open.

marquettes squad is really bad i mean these guys just look bad. besides john theyre twigs

Sad hoops, even with no game in a calendar week, no good excuse for all these turnovers

long with a ELi Manning pass down the floor for NO reason Turnover

long got dusted on that. i mean, its what happens when you live on the bench

It would be nice to see just one play, one flash of ability from Long. All zeros in first half and 2 turnovers.

I hope this is because of the long break in the action!! They are lucky they are playing Marquette!! We need to come out and bury Marquette right from the start!1 Stop effin around!!

Reactions: Hall-O-Daze
Coach learned from Pitino so whips and chains might be option. Just kidding. ;) he needs to let them hear it and he will. Poor half. Expect better second half. Pirates win by 9 to 12.

The last. 10 minutes were beyond brutal. That was certainly not a BigEast level of offensive play and you could make the argument Division 1 college level? I mean WT???

Somehow we are up by 6. Rhoden Must start looking for 2 pointers. Samuel hit 3 of last 4 threes last week and no attempts today,? Ike zero touches inside? Come on guys.

Playing at home??? Playing Sunday afternoons?

Reactions: TomD82
I hope Sandro gains more trust in the guys in the second half. He’s really trying to make crazy passes and do too much. Needs to slow down and play some PnR with Molson or Cale.

We always have trouble when they pack the lane. We need to put Rhoden in the high post. If he hits a few mid range jumpers from there, it will pull the defense out enough to enable some backdoor cuts or clean drives to the rim.

We need to recruit over Jahari. Even as a freshman he just does not look comfortable at all. We have 2 scholarships left, I would love a grad transfer combo guard who can run the offense and score as well as a big. I just cannot see him as our starting PG next year.

It's amazing how inefficient Marquette is with their energy. They play hard and tough, but they also all look like they're out there on their own with no plan or cohesion.
Hall, on the other hand, is playing just plain sloppy. Lazy and impatient with the Hail Mary skip passes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT