ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Statement on COVID-19

youre really trying to fight this verified global pandemic huh

Players will be fine, those who want to attend the games should be able to attend, those that dont can watch on tv. Are we all supposed to sit at home in fear? People will still spread this at supermarkets, retail stores, resteraunts, elections, etc. Unless we're shutting all of those down as well?

Reactions: SHUMA04 and shu09
Governor of Ohio just clarified there will be no spectators at the First Four in Dayton and the 1st/2nd Rounds in Cleveland will have no spectators...

My assumption is NCAA will announce on Sunday (after conference tournaments are completed) as part of selection show that the games will be played in empty arenas. Just seems way it is going, not sure it is the right thing, but that doesn't seem to matter anymore.

Reactions: shu09
Players will be fine, those who want to attend the games should be able to attend, those that dont can watch on tv. Are we all supposed to sit at home in fear? People will still spread this at supermarkets, retail stores, resteraunts, elections, etc. Unless we're shutting all of those down as well?

This is a consequence of big government. People have abdicated personal responsibility in this country and come crying to the government whenever something goes wrong. Then what happens is people who are aware of risks (there is risk in every day life, by the way) and don't have a problem facing them, get punished because the people who want to always blame someone else have the loudest voices and special interests behind them.

This is a consequence of big government. People have abdicated personal responsibility in this country and come crying to the government whenever something goes wrong. Then what happens is people who are aware of risks (there is risk in every day life, by the way) and don't have a problem facing them, get punished because the people who want to always blame someone else have the loudest voices and special interests behind them.
Big government only thing that will slow the spread. Hope we see it

Funny thing is about humans, if we see one person doing something we try to emulate that. In this case, its other orgs cancelling games or playing them without fans. I bet we end with an empty MSv come Saturday.

The options are: insufficient containment and mitigation leading to a massive outbreak OR lockdown of events, gatherings, and potential methods of spreading. Come on y’all. Health and safety first... not that difficult of a choice if it means folks live and stay healthy tbh

This is not about personal responsibility vs risks at all

There is very little risk to me from coronairus. If I get it, statistically speaking I will probably be fine.
This isn't about a risk to me, but the risk of spreading it beyond me to those who would be more vulnerable who would be at a much higher risk of death.

You really disregarded this thread. Its about mitigating it and keeping the healthcare systems from being inundated. Anything helps and that includes sports games. And , oh yea, schools are being cancelled, concerts being cancelled, sports, people already avoiding restaurants, etc. were in the middle of it. The ball is rolling. This is a natural step. Have u missed it?

and for the grocery store, people are loading up now preparing for staying at home for a few weeks. What youre saying isnt happening is very much happening. Sports are being called now.

There is very little risk to me from coronairus. If I get it, statistically speaking I will probably be fine.
This isn't about a risk to me, but the risk of spreading it beyond me to those who would be more vulnerable who would be at a much higher risk of death.

Thank you. End of story.

Reactions: SHUSource

Think about poor flnj! Stay safe all the hall fans who are susceptible to this. There is probably a ton of them.

Those folks are already more vulnerable to the flu, cancer, heart attack, stroke, etc. They could die of many things, that's what happens when you get old unfortunately. Heck, they could die in a car crash on the way to the hospital just as any of us could.

This response by our government is way, way over the top. Do the best you can to stop the spread WITHOUT curtailing daily life, work on a vaccine. In the meantime, it's going to run its course.

I saw conflicting stats from china ... whose a lot farther along on this

something like virus can live 12 hours on surfaces

it will fall to ground after 10 ft

the above seems a bit overboard but who knows

Those folks are already more vulnerable to the flu, cancer, heart attack, stroke, etc. They could die of many things, that's what happens when you get old unfortunately. Heck, they could die in a car crash on the way to the hospital just as any of us could.

This response by our government is way, way over the top. Do the best you can to stop the spread WITHOUT curtailing daily life, work on a vaccine. In the meantime, it's going to run its course.
My god man. Imagine the people in the hospital for all those other things... cancer, injuries, etc... now imagine those people not able to get the full care needed. So many layers u simply arent getting.

Reactions: Merge
NCAA supposed to be releasing some statement within the hour and total cancellation is possible?

This has become insane. 1,000 people in the US have this. Even if the number gets to 100,000 or even 1 million, that is a tiny fraction of this country's population. 1 million would be 0.3% of the population.

I just hope that they still play proceed to play the games in empty stadiums and don't cancel them outright so we can at least watch them on TV and this season isn't stuck forever in a limbo of "What could have been" due to circumstances outside of our control. I mean, the teams are literally all in town already for the BET, so they may as well go ahead and play the games themselves.

This has become insane. 1,000 people in the US have this. Even if the number gets to 100,000 or even 1 million, that is a tiny fraction of this country's population. 1 million would be 0.3% of the population.

The panic is that number all going to to the healthcare system immediately. It seems that won’t be the case give the segment is the population it’ll affect, but who knows.

And where it’s likely concentrated.

Can you define what "run its course" means to you? I think that is pat of the disconnect here.

What does the death toll look like to you without government intervention? What death toll would warrant government intervention in your opinion?

Why stop at 1 million?

In all honesty, if 1 million people get it, we will probably end up way close to 100-200 million getting it than it staying at 1 million if we don't take drastic measures to contain it.

A capital Hill doctor told Senate and staffers behind closed doors that he expects somewhere between 70-150 million Americans to get Coronavirus.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT