ADVERTISEMENT

Nojel Eastern Official Visit

Cale retweeted it. Wonder if hes doing some recruiting for us.

Either way its pretty cool to see how all about Seton Hall Cale is. Looking at his feed he is constantly tweeting SHU stuff

Only Sid Wilson I know is from Slipknot:

Tascha_Schalk_Slipknot1.jpg

Although it's possible he didn't graduate HS either.

I'll see myself out now.

Cale retweeted it. Wonder if hes doing some recruiting for us.

Either way its pretty cool to see how all about Seton Hall Cale is. Looking at his feed he is constantly tweeting SHU stuff
Maybe a dumb question, but doesn't he have school tomorrow? I don't remember many visits beginning on a weeknight.

Anyone know if he's visiting through the entire weekend? Just want to know which day this weekend I can celebrate his verbal. ;)

Either way, agree, it's great to see Cale's enthusiasm towards SHU.

Eastern comes across as an intelligent and respectful kid in all his interviews, very similar to Cale. The 2 things he mentions in every interview about what he wants in a school are academics and a team that will give him the opportunity to play a lot of minutes early if he is better than upperclassmen.

Oh yeah, he also loves poetry. Do we have any poets as alumni that can swap some verses with him this weekend?

Maybe a dumb question, but doesn't he have school tomorrow? I don't remember many visits beginning on a weeknight.

Anyone know if he's visiting through the entire weekend? Just want to know which day this weekend I can celebrate his verbal. ;)

Either way, agree, it's great to see Cale's enthusiasm towards SHU.
Would be great if we get him in today as Slater mentioned. Campus is much livelier on weekdays and if he wants to check out classes and professors (which sound important to him), hope he's there.

Would be great if we get him in today as Slater mentioned. Campus is much livelier on weekdays and if he wants to check out classes and professors (which sound important to him), hope he's there.

It's going to be a quite weekend since there are no classes Monday and Tuesday so kids are starting to leave campus already. But they did have a lot of stuff going on this afternoon.

It's going to be a quite weekend since there are no classes Monday and Tuesday so kids are starting to leave campus already. But they did have a lot of stuff going on this afternoon.
Yeah will be slow weekend but can use today/Friday to show him classes, campus, facilities, etc. Saturday should be an early practice then spend the day/night in NYC. See the sites, have dinner then the Knicks/Nets game at the Garden. Have him go in to locker room after game and talk to Isaiah about his time at the Hall and how the staff helped him grow as a PG. Then Sunday announce his verbal to Seton Hall....sounds like a plan to me!

Yeah will be slow weekend but can use today/Friday to show him classes, campus, facilities, etc. Saturday should be an early practice then spend the day/night in NYC. See the sites, have dinner then the Knicks/Nets game at the Garden. Have him go in to locker room after game and talk to Isaiah about his time at the Hall and how the staff helped him grow as a PG. Then Sunday announce his verbal to Seton Hall....sounds like a plan to me!

That would be a tremendous visit if we could set up that NYC day/dinner and Knicks/Nets game and IW locker room visit.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam

I like your style, I like your moves.

I'm thinking he's good though at least breakfast. Lol! Honestly no idea what time they stay until. My guess would be early afternoon.

Reactions: shupat08
I'm thinking he's good though at least breakfast. Lol! Honestly no idea what time they stay until. My guess would be early afternoon.

Hopefully they scheduled a late flight out and he/his mom were able to enjoy the day in NYC.

I'm sure he'll say the visit was great, likes the coaches, etc. Wouldn't be on campus if that wasn't the case, and recruits always say the visit was "really good" or "great" etc. This one will take some time in my humble opinion.

Well, that's got to be a good sign!

PJ Carlesimo would put recruits on a helicopter and take them into Manhattan. I believe they would land on top of a skyscraper.

Now that's going all out to impress a recruit.

Reactions: shupat08 and HallB
Not hearing good things about this now. I was worried about Michigan State the most like everyone else, but now I'm hearing he likes Ohio State the most (That Motta doesn't get it done anymore but he does get kids into the NBA). Ugh. 247 Sports still has him 100% for Michigan State, but I don't know how updated that may be.

Not hearing good things about this now. I was worried about Michigan State the most like everyone else, but now I'm hearing he likes Ohio State the most (That Motta doesn't get it done anymore but he does get kids into the NBA). Ugh. 247 Sports still has him 100% for Michigan State, but I don't know how updated that may be.
Posted on the Trove that Ohio State is the heavy favorite. Now many others are following that lead.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
I don't think it comes as a surprise that a B1G school is the favorite for Eastern and that we were a very long shot to get him.

I wouldn't say very long shot. We had a chance. Many thought that next to Ohio State we were the favorite.

He's visiting Ohio State next week and unless that visit is a disaster (unlikely) he'll probably commit there.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
I liked your posts, but I don't actually like the info. That sucks. He's so intriguing for us. Maybe he'll see a close up pic of Motta red-faced and sweaty during a game & realize he doesn't want to play for a melting witch.

hoNh0DM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Halldan1
Recently got good news on the Eastern front. Ohio State is no longer considered a lock. It will be very important for him to walk away from his visit this weekend without committing.

If he does we're back in the ballgame.

That's great to hear. Always tough to get a Midwest kid going up against the Big 10/12 schools. Thad has gotten plenty of guys to the league and had some great years at Ohio st, so he is a more than worthy for. And I'm sure the visit will be impressive as hell. Let's hope any progress we made this past weekend is enough to stave off one this coming.

Recently got good news on the Eastern front. Ohio State is no longer considered a lock. It will be every important for him to walk away from his visit this weekend without committing.

It actually helps that Ohio State plays Wisconsin tomorrow in Madison because if that game was home and he went to the tailgate we had no shot lol

Recently got good news on the Eastern front. Ohio State is no longer considered a lock. It will be very important for him to walk away from his visit this weekend without committing.

Dan,

I didn't want to contradict you but I did not hear Ohio St was in the lead. I heard it was us and Mich St. But that we had pulled in front after visit. Now I know how some are on here and did not want to say anything because when I commented that TT last year committed to us, which he did and then later renegged, quite a few people started things up on here.

I do agree it all depends on this weekends visit. If he gets wowed then he could cast his commitment towards Ohio St. but if he doesn't I think we are in the driver's seat unless an unexplained event happens ( like a bag of money lands on his doorstep...lol)

No problem with anyone posting news/opinions.

Scout, Zagoria and I all heard from our sources that Ohio State was in the lead. But as we have often seen things change rapidly in recruiting.

Bottom line..let's all hope he has a bad visit this weekend.

I hope that he actually thinks about the opportunity to be able to start from day one as a point guard with a very strong nucleus of seniors that can propel the team to a deep tourney run next year in his freshman season!

My concern is the possibility of him staying in the Midwest because of family. If it's playing time at the position he will play at the next level which is pg then we have a lot of playing time.

Question on eastern....

Is he a "true" point guard or is it that he has the ability to play point (i.e carrington)?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT