ADVERTISEMENT

Nojel Eastern Official Visit

Seems like Eastern is enamored by playing for a Big 10 school (Purdue, Michigan State and Ohio State). He'll probably end up at either Michigan St. or Ohio St. Kudos to the staff just to be in the running for him as we are the odd duck in the equation.

Question on eastern....

Is he a "true" point guard or is it that he has the ability to play point (i.e carrington)?
Depends on your definition of "true PG". He does have the ability to start at the 1, 2 or 3 in college. He's more of a PG than KC for sure. KC has a scorer's mentality, while Eastern has a very unselfish mentality on the court. He can score but plays with his head up looking to make the extra pass. Good basketball IQ, excellent vision and excellent versatility.

Reactions: Joe_T
This pick up would make our backcourt as good as any in the game for the next 4 years. Eastern, Powell, Gordon, Cale (w/ KC for a season) would be a sick combo.

LOL.

One "insider" posts something positive... then another "insider" posts something negative.

Same thing on the SHU boards for every recruit.

It's comical at this point.

I love the cryptic "I know something you don't know" posts....it's what keeps me coming back to PirateCrew on a daily basis.

Like any source who claims he has information on a recruit and posts that info here , we all have learned to wait until the player himself announces where he's going to school. I have no problem with any poster who believes he has information that a player may be favoring SH or just the opposite and he posts it because that's what this Board is really about, posting information and rendering opinions.

The majority of the top 100 in 2017 are gone already. I feel the more time passes, the less chance we have.

To turn this thread more basketball-y, can anyone think of a top 100 (or 150) recruit we've closed on during Willard's tenure in the Spring semester?

MP - September
IW - September
AD - August

The majority of the top 100 in 2017 are gone already. I feel the more time passes, the less chance we have.

To turn this thread more basketball-y, can anyone think of a top 100 (or 150) recruit we've closed on during Willard's tenure in the Spring semester?

MP - September
IW - September
AD - August

Eron Gordon?

Eron Gordon?

Nice catch. Totally true. I forgot Jaren Sina was also a Spring commit. I also forgot to add KC as a fall recruit.

Well I suppose this gives me a little more hope that we have managed to lock down some Spring recruits in the past few years. I hope we can this time.

MP - September
IW - September
AD - August
Myles Cale

MP - September
IW - September
AD - August

Based on one of the top 150 lists I recently looked at 64 of the top 100 and 104 of the top 150 had committed. As we get closer to the early signing period that number will grow and the numbers will probably mirror the past few years with about 3/4 of the top 100 and Top 150 committing during the early signing period. If we add another commit to Cale's in the early signing period I would be surprised .

Win on the court this year and recruit intelligently and there will be options come spring if we don't land this kid.

Based on one of the top 150 lists I recently looked at 64 of the top 100 and 104 of the top 150 had committed. As we get closer to the early signing period that number will grow and the numbers will probably mirror the past few years with about 3/4 of the top 100 and Top 150 committing during the early signing period. If we add another commit to Cale's in the early signing period I would be surprised .

Win on the court this year and recruit intelligently and there will be options come spring if we don't land this kid.

I understand what you are saying, but I already pointed out that that exact strategy is what folks said we were lacking before in the early years of Willard. We are now still struggling to land good recruits for key spots, particularly the 1 and 5. We are now pinning hopes on the small number of Spring recruits or waiting for the next class.

"Recruiting intelligently" is also a moving target. Nobody on this board can judge what that means, so it can be argued to death without any objective measures. The only thing we can use to measure the program progress is results.

Nojel looks like our last remaining Tier A target we are going after.

I understand what you are saying, but I already pointed out that that exact strategy is what folks said we were lacking before in the early years of Willard. We are now still struggling to land good recruits for key spots, particularly the 1 and 5. We are now pinning hopes on the small number of Spring recruits or waiting for the next class.

"Recruiting intelligently" is also a moving target. Nobody on this board can judge what that means, so it can be argued to death without any objective measures. The only thing we can use to measure the program progress is results.

Nojel looks like our last remaining Tier A target we are going after.

Makes Sense since we have zero ships left to hand out for 2017!!!

Lol. We have zero ships. Unless Eastern commits. Then a ship will open and and be immediately used leading us back to zero. Lol
And then if we land a big a ship will open up and be immediately used and then we're back to zero again . LOL, the sequel.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT