ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon Gamethread

samuel shut down omiyuri, hits a 3, posters will still just recite the same tired line about his d which clearly gets better by actually playing minutes.
He has to play more. Ike is nothing more than a pogo stick at this point.

samuel shut down omiyuri, hits a 3, posters will still just recite the same tired line about his d which clearly gets better by actually playing minutes.
He’s gonna get minutes and I hope he improves. His potential is off the charts. His defensive recognition is really bad. I hope it improves because we need him to log a lot of minutes.

Reactions: LBP43
He’s gonna get minutes and I hope he improves. His potential is off the charts. His defensive recognition is really bad. I hope it improves because we need him to log a lot of minutes.
a lot of plays hes getting caught in the middle from the mistakes other guys are making. the entire team d stinks.

We really should have gone the Rutgers route with OOC scheduling early this year. Baylor would have destroyed us. Flying halfway across the country on no rest with no practice was so dumb. We needed Wagner earlier to build confidence, but we could already be buried by the time Big East play even starts. I normally like Kevin's aggressive scheduling, and in a normal year that would be good, but this year, we really should have played FDU or somebody at home tonight, not flying halfway across the country with a team that is already gassed and hasn't even been able to practice during this insane scheduling stretch. Scheduling aggressive doesn't help if you lose all the games and destroy the teams confidence. I still think they can bounce back but this is brutal to watch, and we should be happy Baylor got cancelled because they would have hammered us by 30.

haha, our last chance to make a run and willard gets a T. bro dont get mad that you fail to motivate your team

ahh the last 2 minute whimper watching the imminent loss. should we get used to this?

Willard said Mamu didn’t have a good game against Iona - got in his head for being too aggressive. Tonight as a result Mamu was invisible though he had some nice assists. You never want your best player to be passive.
Willard was parroting something
What I don’t like is how we give up. That’s pathetic
Cale and Shavar lead with class - no bs and never give up or mouth off to refs.

a lot of plays hes getting caught in the middle from the mistakes other guys are making. the entire team d stinks.
Making excuses for him? You must be his boy or just don’t know hoops. I like the kid but defensively he has a long way to go.

Reactions: SPK145
Not a good night all the way around.

I see one individual stat that is unfathomable. I want to wait until the final boxscore is posted.

We are shooting 56.5% from 3 for the game. Yet getting spanked.

This. End the game around that range making 14 of them. And still get spanked.

I know the message to Mamu after last game was to not force the action. But in what universe on this team should he only end up with 7 shots. Unless he has like 15 assists I don’t get that at all.

Making excuses for him? You must be his boy or just don’t know hoops. I like the kid but defensively he has a long way to go.
no, im saying pointing out samuels d, while being the only one with an offensive pulse, basically shows you have a vendetta.

shavars been great but his mistake blowing the switch is to blame, not samuel caught in the crossfire. its not an excuse.

i just have half a brain and realize the coach plays favorites with guys like rhoden who spend the whole game playing like ass and guys like samuel get ruined with lack of minutes.

samuel was probably one of the better defensive players tonight. believe it. name anyone else that was so much better tonight. you cant.

Anyone else think when Aiken is back our best backcourt has Reynolds starting with him? He can certainly guard the best guy in the opposing teams back court. He can knock down open shots. It takes the pressure off him from having to create for himself or others.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT