ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Creighton at Providence

Piratz

All Universe
Gold Member
Mar 25, 2004
Hell of a game here. Devin Carter hit a bomb to tie it with about 25 seconds left. What a player.

Reactions: Section112
Looks a lot like our game with them. Providence let them back in it by giving up wide open threes in transition and Ashworth got hot.

Creighton’s 3’s are just nonstop.

Ashwowth has now hit about 5 of them down the stretch in regulation and OT. Meanwhile Oduro taking it to Kalkbrenner all night. Too physical for the big guy.

Odoro and The Hall’s Dre Davis are two underrated players doing big things.

Creighton is relentless offensively. Just can't give them any breathing room. They always take advantage.

Those home losses to Creighton and Providence continue to get tougher to handle. Thisclose to being 10-2 right now and solidly in the field of 68. But hey, we could have lost to Marquette, Providence (A), Georgetown, and Butler too. It does all even out in the end.

Those home losses to Creighton and Providence continue to get tougher to handle. Thisclose to being 10-2 right now and solidly in the field of 68. But hey, we could have lost to Marquette, Providence (A), Georgetown, and Butler too. It does all even out in the end.
Huge game Sunday; a quad 1 (as of now I think) oppty and road win oppty against a Nova team that hasn’t faced adversity like this in…….. many years

Huge game Sunday; a quad 1 (as of now I think) oppty and road win oppty against a Nova team that hasn’t faced adversity like this in…….. many years
The Hall could just as easily go 3-5 the rest of the way, but if they can somehow go 5-3 they would actually have a realistic chance to finish second in the conference. Creighton now 7-5 with 8 to go. Marquette should finish second, but if they go 5-4 losing to UConn both times & SHU wins 5 it could happen. All the teams have very tough games left and we can't go overboard at this point.

Hall needs both Nova games, Xavier, Butler and DePaul all at home. The SJU road game is the fallback. This Nova game is huge. They have to play a whole lot better as a team than tonight. You would think the Nova crowd may not have the juice at noon on Superbowl Sunday, but you never know.

Reactions: shu67
The Hall could just as easily go 3-5 the rest of the way, but if they can somehow go 5-3 they would actually have a realistic chance to finish second in the conference. Creighton now 7-5 with 8 to go. Marquette should finish second, but if they go 5-4 losing to UConn both times & SHU wins 5 it could happen. All the teams have very tough games left and we can't go overboard at this point.

Hall needs both Nova games, Xavier, Butler and DePaul all at home. The SJU road game is the fallback. This Nova game is huge. They have to play a whole lot better as a team than tonight. You would think the Nova crowd may not have the juice at noon on Superbowl Sunday, but you never know.
I’ve been to the Nova game on the road on Super Bowl weekend/day several times (unfortunately not going this year) and trust me, it being Super Bowl Sunday won’t keep the crowd down or muted; however Nova’s performance thus far might…

Reactions: SHUSource
I’ve been to the Nova game on the road on Super Bowl weekend/day several times (unfortunately not going this year) and trust me, it being Super Bowl Sunday won’t keep the crowd down or muted; however Nova’s performance thus far might…

No doubt. I mean their season isn’t looking great. So that might keep their energy down and less intimidating.

No doubt. I mean their season isn’t looking great. So that might keep their energy down and less intimidating.
Let’s hope.

But, fact is, if we play like we’re capable of since the UConn game when healthy, we should have a very good chance to win this game.

Now, if we played like tonight…probably not.

But, that’s why each game is an individual test on its own. So I’m cautiously optimistic that we can bring our intensity Sunday and win this game.

It is, without a doubt, a great opportunity game.

Like many times before, so close to being at the next level. Frustrating. But plenty of chances to make up for it.

How does providence look abysmal Sunday and comeback and win a game like this?
Amazing how teams look night and day away from home...
Human beings playing these games. Mentality can be just as impactful as skill. Teams usually seem to respond after being embarrassed. Look at Georgetown last night.

Creighton plays some wild close games too. Home and away.

How does a team shoot...

50.8% from the field (33-65)
48.3% from the arc (14-29)
87.5% from the line (7-8)
with 20 assists to 12 turnovers

and lose?

Reactions: catholicman
That's the issue with Creighton. No depth and as the season winds down players are affected on that side of the court.

Reactions: HALL85
It was a great game and found myself rooting hard for The Friars

Creighton likely wins that game if Carter doesn't hit that absolute bomb from the Providence logo, so sometimes it helps to get lucky too :)

It will be curious to see how Carter performs through the end of the year, he's logging significant minutes on both offense and defense (particularly without Hopkins), and seems noticeably wincing at the end of these games. It's hard to keep up that pace over a long season when so much is on your shoulders.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Creighton likely wins that game if Carter doesn't hit that absolute bomb from the Providence logo, so sometimes it helps to get lucky too :)
He’s made those type of shots all year… that wasn’t luck

Whoever it was on here who said they weren’t a fan of Carter was out of their mind.

That was me. I'm not a fan of his, is that a crime? Being a fan of someone (or not) and objectively rating their performance are two completely different things.

He had a great game last night and is certainly a BE POY contender. Am I a fan of him personally? Absolutely not.

Dude, come on, it was barely past half court, I hear you, he makes 3's, but not from that far out (all year).

He's capable of making deep shots, but that was certainly a little lucky. He takes a lot of questionable shots, just how he plays the game. That said, I found myself rooting for Providence last night.

Whoever it was on here who said they weren’t a fan of Carter was out of their mind.
He was on the FO68 pod and says he practices those long shots, always has. Especially with his dad.

To me he’s the POY right now bc of the way he plays, the clutch shots, the energy he brings, he’s a playmaker for others, the defense to guard multiple positions, the way he elevates the team. He can do it all. And yeah he’s got the stats.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT