spacer.gif
11221383.jpeg

spacer.gif

Anthony Bozzella and Seton Hall announced an 11-game non-conference schedule
spacer.gif

July 21, 2015

VIDEO
http://www.shupirates.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/072115aab.html

SOUTH ORANGE, N.J. — Fresh off a BIG EAST regular season title and its first NCAA Tournament appearance since 1995, the Seton Hall women’s basketball team has unveiled its 11-game non-conference schedule for the 2015-16 season. The Hall will host five non-conference opponents at historic Walsh Gymnasium and face six teams that played in the NCAA Tournament or WNIT in 2015.

“It’s a tremendous schedule,” reigning BIG EAST and Metropolitan Basketball Writers Association Coach of the Year Anthony Bozzella said.

The non-conference schedule includes opponents from the ACC, Big 10 and SEC conferences and is highlighted by a trip to the 2015 Cancun Challenge in late November. See below for a breakdown of each non-conference opponent, and click HERE for the full non-conference schedule.

2015-16 Seton Hall women’s basketball season tickets are $45 per person. To purchase, please call the Seton Hall Athletics Ticket Office at (973) 275-HALL (4255) or email tickets@shu.edu.

BRYANT BULLDOGS || Nov. 13, 2015 || Walsh Gymnasium || South Orange, N.J.
All-time series: 0-0
- One of four first-time opponents for The Hall in ’15-16
- Bryant went 22-9 overall and 14-4 in the Northeast Conference in 2014-15

RUTGERS SCARLET KNIGHTS || Nov. 16, 2015 || Walsh Gymnasium || South Orange, N.J.
All-time series: Rutgers leads, 33-9
- Rematch of 2015 NCAA Tournament First Round match-up
- Scarlet Knights have made 24 NCAA appearances

PRINCETON TIGERS || Nov. 19, 2015 || Walsh Gymnasium || South Orange, N.J.
All-time series: Seton Hall leads, 10-4
- Last meeting came in 2014 WNIT second round
- Tigers went 30-0 during the regular season in ’14-15

SAINT JOSEPH’S HAWKS || Nov. 21, 2015 || Hagan Arena || Philadelphia, Pa.
All-time series: Seton Hall leads, 7-4
- The Hall came away with a 77-60 victory in South Orange last season
- SJU has made 10 postseason appearances in 14 seasons under head coach Cindy Griffin

UT-ARLINGTON MAVERICKS || Nov. 24, 2015 || College Park Center || Arlington, Texas
- First game against an opponent from the state of Texas since 2004
- UTA made a 13-win improvement from 2013-14 to 2014-15

NC STATE WOLFPACK || Nov. 26, 2015 || Hard Rock Riviera Maya || Cancun, Mexico
All-time series: NC State leads, 3-1
- The Pirates’ lone victory in the series came on Dec. 20, 2008
- Wolfpack advanced to the third round of the 2015 WNIT

NORTHERN IOWA PANTHERS || Nov. 27, 2015 || Hard Rock Riviera Maya || Cancun, Mexico
- Second game of the 2015 Cancun Challenge
- UNI played in the 2015 WNIT after its sixth-straight winning season

GEORGIA BULLDOGS || Dec. 6, 2015 || Stegeman Coliseum || Athens, Ga.
All-time series: Seton Hall leads, 1-0
- The Hall won the first all-time meeting last season by a score of 70-51
- Joni Crenshaw begins the 2015-16 season as the second head coach in UGA program history

FORDHAM RAMS || Dec. 9, 2015 || Walsh Gymnasium || South Orange, N.J.
All-time series: Seton Hall leads, 6-4
- The Pirates held the Rams to 28.8 percent shooting in last season’s meeting, a 56-43 SHU victory
- Fordham advanced to the second round of the 2015 WNIT in a 21-win season

LIBERTY FLAMES || Dec. 12, 2015 || Vines Center || Lynchburg, Va.
- The Flames have won 16 Big South titles in the last 19 seasons
- Liberty went 26-7 overall and 19-1 in conference in 2015, advancing to the NCAA Tournament

SAINT PETER’S PEACOCKS || Dec. 20, 2015 || Walsh Gymnasium || South Orange, N.J.
All-time series: Seton Hall leads, 13-3
- Pirates won last year’s meeting, 75-45, in South Orange
- SHU has won the last four meetings in the series, ranging from 2007-14

Pirate Women's Basketball Home

I'm looking forward to those first three games. That first week will be excellent.

It's interesting that at this stage they still have not announced the 2015 recruiting class. I hope there are no player qualifying issues. Even if that's so, they're still going to be deep.

Does anybody know when season ticket renewals will start?

I'm looking forward to those first three games. That first week will be excellent.

It's interesting that at this stage they still have not announced the 2015 recruiting class. I hope there are no player qualifying issues. Even if that's so, they're still going to be deep.
I posted the first of our our 2 part Bozzella Trove story yesterday. The second part, to be posted Thursday goes into depth re Tony's recruits with his profile of each player.

Does anybody know when season ticket renewals will start?
I received a call a couple of weeks ago about adding seats to my Men's season ticket package and the rep was able to renew my Women's tickets at that time. So you should be able to call the ticket office for renewal.

I received a call a couple of weeks ago about adding seats to my Men's season ticket package and the rep was able to renew my Women's tickets at that time. So you should be able to call the ticket office for renewal.
Thanks, 99. I renewed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT