ADVERTISEMENT

Reject the NIT , these guys dont wanna play that

Yeah, who wants to play in that thing? Guys looking for next years NIL deal don’t want to risk injury.

should just expand the NCAA's cause more teams do deserve 2 be in

Part of me thinks that the football schools screwed the BE to make sure that happens, thus further enriching themselves.
Definitely feels like something like that was in mind. Maybe too conspiracy like but it sure feels that way after today.

Was always against going past 68 teams. This fiasco guarantees that it’s going to 76 and I’m in favor. Eliminates all possibilities of bid stealers. So if you don’t make it, no excuses.

Reactions: HallGuy23
Was always against going past 68 teams. This fiasco guarantees that it’s going to 76 and I’m in favor. Eliminates all possibilities of bid stealers. So if you don’t make it, no excuses.
No, refine the metrics process. Have caps on margin of victory. Have Q1 in conference and a different rated Q1 out of conference. I have no issue with the bid stealers. It happens.

No, refine the metrics process. Have caps on margin of victory. Have Q1 in conference and a different rated Q1 out of conference. I have no issue with the bid stealers. It happens.
The metrics will always be questioned. Who is devising the formulas and how are they being applied. It will always be a black box. There is always subjectivity to such a process. So eliminate what happened this year in the clearest way possible. Do all you want to the metrics but make it virtually impossible for underserving teams to steal bids. They still get in by doing well in the conf tournaments but don’t knock others out.

Reactions: garyshu71
U can make a case for bid stealera dont beling. Their season resume wasnt good enough but got hot or upsets gave u favorable matchups. I know u have to make the conf tournament relevant

Sha will never allow that. Hearing Princeton at SHU Tuesday or Wednesday.
For what good reason? If the team doesn't show for The BigEast Tournament, why now? Most of the starters moving on. Plus, The BigEast Teams should send a message. It's over, reload, rebuild. It's going to be an extremely difficult conference next season.

Because like football bowl games, if the games don't mean anything, why would you risk injury if you were a player? That said, do we play the NIT with the other players (i.e. no Davis and Richmond)?

For what good reason? If the team doesn't show for The BigEast Tournament, why now? Most of the starters moving on. Plus, The BigEast Teams should send a message. It's over, reload, rebuild. It's going to be an extremely difficult conference next season.
Does it make a difference if Team is 13-7 or 7-13 ?? If Big East only gets 3 , who cares?

I agree. If we were a young team it would make sense. But we’d be playing 5 guys who are mostly moving on. Nothing to gain.
And if I was Kadary I would seriously consider sitting out. This is like all of the bowl games not part of the national championship.

Does it make a difference if Team is 13-7 or 7-13 ?? If Big East only gets 3 , who cares?
Right, It's alarming. Also, teams like Villanova, Providence, Butler and Xavier are being seriously disrespected. Not easy teams to beat and we did for the most part. Bad losses used to be Stonybrook or Colgate. Now Rutgers and USC are considered bad losses.

Reactions: LBP43
Part of me thinks that the football schools screwed the BE to make sure that happens, thus further enriching themselves.
This is absolutely the case. They are tired of losing to the basketball only teams. How do you do that ? Don't play them and don't allow them to get shares to hurt their whole programs. We have a weak commissioner who won't say a peep. Just keep collecting g those checks Val.

This is absolutely the case. They are tired of losing to the basketball only teams. How do you do that ? Don't play them and don't allow them to get shares to hurt their whole programs. We have a weak commissioner who won't say a peep. Just keep collecting g those checks Val.
Val should be throwing a hissy fit like not never seen. Loss of money is huge not only from Tournament but also TV renewals. Just sitting back and taking it can not happen.

How about Nova , Miller Matta and Cooley screaming? League should have a meeting to schedule Little Sisters of the Poor instead of Big 10 or Big 12 challenge --work the system

Will we hear from Holloway tonight. Hurley, Pitino, English and McDermott have already spoken out.

Not sure anyone cares about the NIT anymore. I really think the risks are twofold. 1) we lose early because our guys aren’t totally committed and it validates the Fn NCAA Committees decision and 2) we say yes we want to do it and one or two or three of our key players won’t play. We only have 6 or 7 players.

Three years ago I’d say we play. Today with the NIT having little or no juice I say no. I think Pitino has it right.

This is such a loser mentality. Go show them they made a mistake and with the whole damn thing.
No way. Sha should be having lunch with Dre and his family. He needs to consult with him and assist in making a solid decision. Hopefully, a good result for everyone. This is a critical period for Seton Hall and no time should be wasted on prepping a team for no good reason. They also must make assessments on the bench players. It's crucial to bring in a star player if not two. This is not the NEC and Sha has to realize that if he hasn't already. We need a player that may be able to play in the NBA. No more projects. You need players that are basketball savvy. So much to do and worrying about Princeton or The Committee is not prudent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT