ADVERTISEMENT

Reject the NIT , these guys dont wanna play that

It’s ok, we’ll be freed up for portal action by Thursday morning. Not missing too much.

Reactions: NYC Pirate
No way. Sha should be having lunch with Dre and his family. He needs to consult with him and assist in making a solid decision. Hopefully, a good result for everyone. This is a critical period for Seton Hall and no time should be wasted on prepping a team for no good reason. They also must make assessments on the bench players. It's crucial to bring in a star player if not two. This is not the NEC and Sha has to realize that if he hasn't already. We need a player that may be able to play in the NBA. No more projects. You need players that are basketball savvy. So much to do and worrying about Princeton or The Committee is not prudent.

I think you only bring in that NBA caliber player if there are pieces of veterans around.

And even when you have that, it’s still hard. Look at USC with Collier and James. I know there were injuries but what a waste of a year. Even with Kentucky with Wagner and Bradshaw. They weren’t even the best players in the team and are so low on the mock drafts now when they were projected lottery picks in high school.

Make the NCAA’s 96 teams and ditch the NIT. Never liked that but now I do.
yup. make it every team since the committee of 12 guys who sit behind closed doors cant make up arbitrary criteria whenever they want for whoever they want.

Reactions: radecicco
Really bad form. It’s petulant to do that. We passed during Covid. Can’t pass now.
Unless…and I don’t know that this can be committed to now…but if say Dre Kadary and Dylan said “we want to play and we’re coming back”… then go for it.

I think you only bring in that NBA caliber player if there are pieces of veterans around.

And even when you have that, it’s still hard. Look at USC with Collier and James. I know there were injuries but what a waste of a year. Even with Kentucky with Wagner and Bradshaw. They weren’t even the best players in the team and are so low on the mock drafts now when they were projected lottery picks in high school.
I agree to an extent.
I do believe one of the ironies of this NIL/free agency era, will be, who are the teams that have the most continuity, and then, maturity, in that order.

So, yes, high level recruits will still be important, but keeping them might be more important.

Look at Kentucky these past several years…always the top 5 recruited class…but no where near the return expected from that level class.

Because they don’t stay for 3,4,5 years

Unless…and I don’t know that this can be committed to now…but if say Dre Kadary and Dylan said “we want to play and we’re coming back”… then go for it.
Samuel, Femi and Tae all played in the game last year, out of the 8 who got minutes, and left.

When you have a senior laden team you leave it up to them. But you better insist they give it their all if they choose to play.

Look the team voted to play in the NIT and if any players said they did not want to because of getting hurt than let them sit it out and let others play. At this point I am looking more towards who is on the team next year anyway and the NIT is only a way to extend the very successful season a bit longer.

We need to move on from the snub and figure out what we have for next season. Hopefully some kids stay and we get some more impact players along with the incoming freshman.

Reactions: PROF Ed
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT