ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Bud Harrelson

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
harrelson.jpg

3 memories will be the Pete Rose scuffle...Ray Knight winning run game 6 86 ws and following davey johnson as manager who then was fired a week to go in the 91 season...he replaced bobby valentine as 3rd base coach in 85 when bobby went to texas

Wow I was a Yankee fan but watched the Mets a lot as a kid. He was such a great fielder and tough guy. Big loss to baseball and the NY baseball scene. May he RIP.

Alzheimers is so awful (lost my Dad to it and it's so difficult during the process). I wish they could figure it out but it seems as though we aren't close to any breakthroughs right now.

First Hodges, now Harrelson. RIP, Buddy -- someone who didn't take Rose's cleats-up disposition lying down.

Sadly ironic that the two men perhaps most recognized as Mets during that era -- Buddy and Tom Seaver, both from Northern California -- have passed due to similar issues.

It was noted in 2019, when the Mets honored the 50th anniversary of their 1969 World Series win, that it might be the last time a significant portion of that team would be able to get together in celebration.

15 players were there including Buddy, who was accompanied at all times by one of his former teammates. Seaver was too ill to attend and other notables such as Rusty Staub and Tommie Agee had already passed on.

Rest in peace, Buddy. Thanks for the amazin' memories.

Reactions: donnie_baseball
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT