ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Conway

Conway does put up great numbers but I believe is lost here is I think he plays public school and some would say not great competition.

Who knows though, maybe he would have the same success against the high end private schools in Maryland too.

So his size and perceived competition keep him out of the top 100. His numbers are legit though, volume and percentages are nice.
The competition he faces in HS does not seem top notch and hopefully he challenges himself in a better league as a Senior.

BUT, he showed the same great shooting and scoring ability for Team Melo in the 16U EYBL last year including a big performance at Peach Jam.

I remember loving there in the early 80's it was always Dunbar(Baltimore) and Calvert Hall I got accepted to Calvert Hall don't know how though

Don’t forget Sean Grennan
How could I forget, the list is endless. Chier Ajou comes to mind - can't teach height but sometimes you also can't teach basketball. On a lighter note I saw where Ferrakohn Hall who didn't work out for us is playing for the Bulls G League team. Who would have thought he'd end up there but good for him.

Great praise for Conway . Seems like you are getting a great addition to your backcourt

I hear ya but the kid played d1 hoops. Did you?
And he was a pirate save the knock IMO
Not a knock on Grennan; it was in the context of Willards early recruiting. And what does it matter if I played D1? Anybody else here do that including you?

Last edited:
Reactions: HallLine69
A little late to the party. :)

That said, Eric is seldom wrong and knows recruiting as well as most anyone in the country.

Great Get indeed. These are the kind of kids that the complainers want more of. Rhodens, Stevens, and Conways are good for 2 scholarships a year, and then get us a top 100 kid, and you guys will be amazed at how good of a coach Willard is.

Cmon Sanogo!

Reactions: Abbo71 and shupat08
Great Get indeed. These are the kind of kids that the complainers want more of. Rhodens, Stevens, and Conways are good for 2 scholarships a year, and then get us a top 100 kid, and you guys will be amazed at how good of a coach Willard is.

Cmon Sanogo!

Yup... Love that KW has gone out and snagged Stevens and Long early and now Conway early. Rhoden was a backup recruit but has worked out great. Surround 1 or 2 top 75 type players with these types of recruits and WOW.

Yup... Love that KW has gone out and snagged Stevens and Long early and now Conway early. Rhoden was a backup recruit but has worked out great. Surround 1 or 2 top 75 type players with these types of recruits and WOW.
Could not agree more; I love it when get these young men early. Projects a full commitment to the school and program. One of the reasons I love Cale and hate it when people dump on him.

Not a knock on Grennan; it was in the context of Willards early recruiting. And what does it matter if I played D1? Anybody else here do that including you?
I made my point. I disagree with knocking a kid even if it’s really just collateral damage for a KW criticism. If I’m a former D1 athlete the issue hits home for me because I’d be familiar with the blood sweat and tears that go into that. If I’m not my opinion is what it is.

I made my point. I disagree with knocking a kid even if it’s really just collateral damage for a KW criticism. If I’m a former D1 athlete the issue hits home for me because I’d be familiar with the blood sweat and tears that go into that. If I’m not my opinion is what it is.
And I made mine. I didn’t knock him; just added him to the list that 112 started in the first place to amplify how far KW has come.

And I made mine. I didn’t knock him; just added him to the list that 112 started in the first place to amplify how far KW has come.
Yes 112 said it too.
Many have said specific things about specific players.
Even me perhaps.
And I agree KW’s come a long way recruiting. We’ll just agree to disagree on how to “amplify” that point.

Sean grennan came as a personal favor to one of the all times greatest players ever at shu. He was a personal friend of Sean and his family and we had an open spot. He was a very good kid and the sponsor was well deserving of the favor.

Reactions: mbraue
Sean grennan came as a personal favor to one of the all times greatest players ever at shu. He was a personal friend of Sean and his family and we had an open spot. He was a very good kid and the sponsor was well deserving of the favor.
Please inform these cats. Wish I didn’t play HS ball
And only 6th grade cyo 8th string

Reactions: RLNJ13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT