ADVERTISEMENT

SHU at SJU Game Thread

just forfeit the BE tournament. u are embarrassing yourselves game after game

He has to put Ike back in.

The upperclassman are freezing again.

It’s not over. Get it to 5 with 5

This is the most pathetic job of Willard's tenure. What in the world do they do in practice all day? How can you have a team so mentally weak. Whenever the going gets tough, they fold. I'm dumbfounded. I didn't expect to win tonight but it's the same thing over and over and over and over. He never changes a thing.

They are all just playing out the string. Plus they weren’t that good to begin with.

They’ve totally checked out..Wednesday can’t come soon enough so they can just end it. I really hope there’s no NIT for them.... they are probably thinking the exact same thing.
f-ing LOSERS , dont you people have pride in your self, you lik eto be laughed at by us?

They are all just playing out the string. Plus they weren’t that good to begin with.

I completely agree with you that we were probably a bit overrated. But to get to where we are now, where even up 18-0 I didn't feel safe, and then actually watching us collapse AGAIN, is mind-boggling.

Reactions: flconticello
pick one word that stands out in a wors cloud for willards 11 seasons: collapse? choke?

time to wake up people. its not the players. bad players done ever go up 18 , 16 vs creighton, 15 vs uconn. games were were up 5 and lose with a min to play vs michigan, up 18 and lose vs oregon. blow locked seasons like 2012 and 2021. compeltely botch expectations during the season in 2017 amd 2019. i mean this is just a few examples.

he has a history of this. long history. he shrinks like a limp d*ck

pick one word that stands out in a wors cloud for willards 11 seasons: collapse? choke?

time to wake up people. its not the players. bad players done ever go up 18 , 16 vs creighton, 15 vs uconn. games were were up 5 and lose with a min to play vs michigan, up 18 and lose vs oregon. blow locked seasons like 2012 and 2021. compeltely botch expectations during the season in 2017 amd 2019. i mean this is just a few examples.

he has a history of this. long history. he shrinks like a limp d*ck

It's because he has no offensive system and now the defense isn't what it used to be. Won 25 games in 2016 because we had a star player and played elite defense.

We win games when our ball movement is good, three point shooting is good and we get transition points. It's been that way for a while because there is no offensive identity, no strength/matchup to impose on the other team. That's why it's so inconsistent. Same patterns every year.

Reactions: JGCPA
haha weve said this like 5 different seasons under willard.
And based on that if there ever was a coach who needed to take a look at himself it is Kevin Willard. Maybe just being good a large part of the time is good enough for him. There are no excuses for these collapses and now it finally caught up to him.

WE actually had a chance. This would be a quad 1, xavier quad 1 and a beat up Nova. We've had our chances and bubble teams keep losing

As posted in another thread. Why even play the NIT. At this point, we have nothing....lost 4 in a row and should have been last 6. Game. Set. Match.

Reactions: TomD82
mamu abysmal. its crunch timeand this is whats happening? wide open layups, fumbled turnovers

Reactions: shu09
Lack of basketball talent and IQ and this is what u get. Willard recruited it

mamu abysmal. its crunch timeand this is whats happening? wide open layups, fumbled turnovers
That pass he just missed, like a lot of the passes we've seen during this stretch, are terrible, at the feet. The entire team out of sync.

Reactions: lloyde dobler
In Willard’s career once he gets into a substitution pattern., he sticks with with it the entire season without an adjustment

Reactions: flconticello
This is legitimately a ****ing joke.

Anybody still defending this bullshit at this stage in KW’s tenure has their head to far up their ass I don’t even know what to say.

This team not only dropped the torch that’s been carried for five years straight, but they also sh$t their pants in the process. Hope they decline NIT if they are even invited. Sad state of affairs

Reactions: JGCPA and Jerry1992
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT