ADVERTISEMENT

SHU - ISU game thread

There have been some awful calls in this game. As usual we've been on the losing end of these calls most of the game.
Please don't blame the refs on this game. Start with willard and work your way down no rebounding on either end, switching man to man d just does not work ,no half court offense ,for starters Good nite for now

This board is incredible. We were underdogs on the road against a top 40 team in a really difficult place to play. We lose and the world is ending.

Win the next 3 and our non-conference is right on target. 9-3 which is what most expected.

This board is incredible. We were underdogs on the road against a top 40 team in a really difficult place to play. We lose and the world is ending.

Win the next 3 and our non-conference is right on target. 9-3 which is what most expected.
Maryland so huge now, but really this team even with mamu out tonight is the same as last season all powell, empty half court offense too much, half court defense a true mess, black hole at the 5 on both ends because if the shot block hunter doesnt get the block its a liability

Question of the night, what was more unpleasant, watching the game or reading this thread?

Team was horrible tonight, but the posters who have no clue continue to multiply and post the most. Brutal evening on the court and maybe worse on here.

We stuck from head to toe but so did the refs. I did not think we would win this game but I didn't think we would play this bad.

Mamus wrist is the story now. Also Myles got some bad calls but he’s got to lead and not lose his head. That last drive was out of control. He needs to know we need him on the court.

And why so much Reynolds and so little Cale again? Actually thought Cales length was bothering Halliburton.

Refs down the stretch were so bad. We lost the game but they sealed it. Gotta regroup.

Ugly game. Poor defense, even poorer offense. Powell fouls out and even when he was in, he was not scoring. Unless MP is hitting every shot he puts up, we have no chance, No one else on this team is a consistent scorer.

Willard should have started pressing sooner. 10 point loss. We are not a top 25 team if we play like this.

Reactions: deheremike
Agreed. So reactionary, like the NIT talk.

Look, this game sucked. Iowa St is pretty good, but they played horribly. Some of that, especially early, was due to our defense, but a lot of that was due to Iowa St giving us a C minus game. That neutralized their crowd and home court advantage for a significant chunk of the game. The frustrating part is that this would have been a nice resume game if we played even remotely well. We weren't good, and Iowa St wasn't good either.

Honestly I would have much preferred a loss where we got at least Iowa St's B or B+ game, we played pretty well, but still lost. Losing when the game was very winnable is a downer.

We are still on track to where we need to be coming out of the non-conference.

Reactions: PirateEmotion
Absolutely correct. its all about Sandro. 2nd leading scorer, does so many things, really coming into his own. If he is out for any extended amount of time, we are will in serious trouble.

Ugliest game in a long time. No rebounding at all on both O and D. ISU has their way with getting their own missed shots for put backs and second chance opportunities. What a disaster with bad optics.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
I think Powell needs to take it upon himself to hold a players only meeting now before things get out of hand. Do what Nzei did. Rewatch the entire game, talk about the mistakes and what they need to do to get better as individuals and as a team. Willard just said Powell did not practice well all week? That is unacceptable for a senior. i could understand having a bad day, but how does it continue for a week? Willard has some work to do

I think Powell needs to take it upon himself to hold a players only meeting now before things get out of hand. Do what Nzei did. Rewatch the entire game, talk about the mistakes and what they need to do to get better as individuals and as a team. Willard just said Powell did not practice well all week? That is unacceptable for a senior. i could understand having a bad day, but how does it continue for a week? Willard has some work to do
This is a thing with Willard over time, he fails to reach even his most coachable players

Isnt it a month early for the players meeting to occur?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT