ADVERTISEMENT

SHU Pirates at Nova Game Thread

They don't stop, it's like a lion attacking weak prey... SHU just stopped playing, they were emotionally and physically spent, and that made Nova attack even harder

Villanova as good as advertised. Spellman hits three's like that and what are you going to do. Not intimidated at all by them though can DEFINATELY see us beating them at home, just leave those refs in Philly.

I understand your point..but were going to lose by 20 thats a ridiculous statement
Not really. There’s a lot to build on. We hung 36 minutes with the best team in the land with Desi and KC in foul trouble and Cale lost halfway through in their house. This is also the 2nd or 3rd game that KC has really seemed to have a grasp on the PG role. The more he grows there the more our growth potential is. We are really trending in a great direction overall even if it’s a 30 point loss. If we have to play them 3 more times, 0 will be in Philly.

Reactions: hallwins
Villanova as good as advertised. Spellman hits three's like that and what are you going to do. Not intimidated at all by them though can DEFINATELY see us beating them at home, just leave those refs in Philly.
you wanna know how to stop Spellman? It takes a bully, why do you think Dennis Rodman was so good, he got under other players skin so bad they lost their minds

Best I’ve seen Spellman play. Must have read my post praising Bridges early in game

Spellman had his career day--could not miss if he tried-- Myles Powell needed help on D -- Cale loss was big for the D-- only Sonogo in 2nd half cause Deeno and Desi had to back off

Reactions: hallwins
Myles Powell well on his way to becoming his thug brother.

You’re clearly a very immature individual that feels inadequate about yourself. No other explanation for why you would bring something so personal and non-basketball related into this forum. Should be proud of yourself for sure.

On a side note, Nova enjoyed the benefit of 5 on 8 for 40 minutes today. We will bounce back. Better days ahead.

Reactions: Flnj86
I don't care if I get in trouble for saying this on here. But man you are really a piece of shit for making a comment like that. Do you know how mean that is? Bringing that up shows what a rude arrogant person you are I hope you never post on here again.
Agreed!

Reactions: SHULaw05
Tough ending. Team got demoralized by the ridiculous calls. Ashamed after such a great effort for 30 minutes.
I don't buy that. Nova scored every time they got it. Brutally good offense.

Going back to the double technical. Obviously Dante was doing something or said something that really triggered Powell. The refs are on the floor and clearly saw something we all didn't. Not justified what Powell did but it obviously wasn't all his doing.

I was calling the guy a scumbag for insulting powell. How am I wrong lol
I don' know who said it. I am talking about that guy. Sorry if I brought you into it and you didn' say it.

Going back to the double technical. Obviously Dante was doing something or said something that really triggered Powell. The refs are on the floor and clearly saw something we all didn't. Not justified what Powell did but it obviously wasn't all his doing.
He was trying to walk through Powell... Powell took offense to it.

Not saying the refs cost us the game but game would have been much closer. No doubt we got an unfavorable whistle today and I rarely blame refs. Other than 89 title game and a few other times in 30 years.:)

Spellman made 7 3s big deal shu doesn't have the personnel or defensive skills to defend a team like nova
I disagree, we do but we have to grow a set as well, Des and KC sitting alot did not help, Spellman is good but he shot lights out

He's not blameless, but team needs to remember the sticks and stones maxim and do better at keeping its cool. Words can get you a technical, contact can get you tossed.

Reactions: SHUMA04
Divincenzo chest bumped Powell, and Powell was not taking it. Nova is good, but their patented move on defense is to bump with the body down low on drives to the basket and the ref's (especially this sorry group)
never calls the foul.

Reactions: Burnsly
KC picked up 3 fouls quickly in 2nd half and sat for 7 key minutes , hopefully that does not happen at home or in NYC

12 fouls called on Nova... when you have no fear to play defense like they do it changes things...

Look --Not being able to play Defense for the last 10 minutes was so hurtful-- Bronson took Game over with Deeno out and when Deeno came back he tried to be a Hero on O and Hall went back to dribble O.
But Spellman going 6/7 from 3 ( he had 2 points in each Marquette game and 5 points v Xavier) was completely nutz.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT