ADVERTISEMENT

SHU @ Xavier Game Thread

The end result will not erase the stink, but I think it should open some eyes to a more balanced minute distribution.

Be careful, nice to see the play of the bench but this was a laugher and Xavier acted like it.

Still gonna give up 50 pts in the second half. Way too many points for any team to allow in a half.

Be careful, nice to see the play of the bench but this was a laugher and Xavier acted like it.

Lot of truth SPK but Bluitt 8/11 from 3 is not a norm -- and the Game could have been a real crush-- this comeback may be the turning point simply cause the Team played hard

Both walker and Sandro looked better tonight because Xavier stopped playing in a laugher, I’ve seen that script a million times. Nice to see, don’t overreact on it.
Mamu played well in the first half before it was a laugher.

Lot of truth SPK but Bluitt 8/11 from 3 is not a norm -- and the Game could have been a real crush-- this comeback may be the turning point simply cause the Team played hard
The norm is that shu defense let other team guards or wings run wild

Sometime the light goes on -- Mamu has talent but previously he was going too fast-- but the real issue is that Coach has to see that Carrington and Nzei just can not play as much. We know that KW loves both but they are terrible on D and don't space well on O--start telling Cale to shut down whomever and let Ish work on the rebounds--

Sometime the light goes on -- Mamu has talent but previously he was going too fast-- but the real issue is that Coach has to see that Carrington and Nzei just can not play as much. We know that KW loves both but they are terrible on D and don't space well on O--start telling Cale to shut down whomever and let Ish work on the rebounds--
I can go back to the game threads at Creighton, home vs Gtown, and after the first X game. I've liked what I've seen out of Mamu all year, but I thought he just needed some time. He's not some big goof only good for 5 fouls. He's not slow footed, he was just a step slow reacting but as you see more, you react quicker and I'm sure that's happening in practice and it translated tonight. Love the energy he brings too.

The norm is that shu defense let other team guards or wings run wild

A lot of truth NYShore-- but M. Cale stayed with Macura everywhere and Walker is a pest (speed helps ) . Deeno and M. Cale play too far off because they are not quick enough and Lord only knows what Nzei does on D ????--K. Willard has a cure

Yes I somewhat agree. Sandro was playing well from the get go. Very Pedestrian for Cale tonight. You have to admitt that Walker makes bigger players work harder? They may score but it’s more work. Plus the Xavier kids weren’t going in slow motion.

I just don’t understand why Kevin doesn’t go with full court pressure when the lead is growing, cut them off at the pass? Oh they might score an easy basket instead of scoring an easy basket?? Lol. That’s when Walker could have changed the energy.

He played well with angel. And we took a 20 plus lead down to 6. No one was laughing then.

Subs doing it once may not be able to do it again. And maybe they can. Let them try. Both jordan and sandro. And cale too.

Reactions: batts
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT