ADVERTISEMENT

SJU Gamethread

as long as we keep it close at half were fine we just look bad. careless unfocused basketball.

21-21 under 4 minutes. This is a brutal game being played by both teams. The mistakes by SHU are killing them. Should be up by 10.

Reactions: pirate AI
I actually like the effort, rebouding well and attacking. Not many 3's. I expected another toss up game with or without Aiken.

Reactions: Hall-O-Daze
I counted at least 3 times if they had made one extra pass Harris would have had a wide open 3. The last possession Yetna had a wide open Harris for a layup but decides to just barrel into the guy. Thankfully it was a block.

Reactions: holloway12
Richmond seems to have forgot to play the 1. His spacing is horrible, his passes late and tough to catch

I have NEVER seen someone step out of biunds as much as Cale. Its almost impossible to continually do that. So annoying
It happens so much I call it “pulling a Cale” regardless of which player does it. The most maddeningly inconsistent player I’ve ever seen.

Reactions: shupat08
I counted at least 3 times if they had made one extra pass Harris would have had a wide open 3. The last possession Yetna had a wide open Harris for a layup but decides to just barrel into the guy. Thankfully it was a block.

I noticed that too. Seems either no one on the team trusts that he can make a shot OR no one on our team trusts others to pass so they have to "get theirs"

We hate passing and running offensive sets. We love iso/street. We have the top 3 point shooter FG % in the country and we can’t get him looks? Can we get Ike more involved?

ike should look to score on offense. for two reasons. 1) its tough to play 4v5 and 2) hes in really good spots when hes getting the offensive rebounds

Ike is seriously like something out of a Greek epic. Just an imposing, impressive figure.

Another observation: no one on our team can shoot (I know SJU is also shooting terribly; I just mean in general).

Reactions: shupat08
We hate passing and running offensive sets. We love iso/street. We have the top 3 point shooter FG % in the country and we can’t get him looks? Can we get Ike more involved?
believe Harris averaged the most threes per game last year, not the highest percentage.

25 points in a half is terrible. after a week off we can start putting some major blame on willard. and dont give me the aiken excuse, richmond was supposed to be the real deal

Reactions: doctorcb12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT