ADVERTISEMENT

St Joes Gamethread

This was always gonna be the toughest game. First one after the snub. Gotta pick yourself up off the mat and get up to play when you think you should be playing tomorrow/friday. Got the W now you can reset and move forward ready to play.

Reactions: Hall-O-Daze
This was always gonna be the toughest game. First one after the snub. Gotta pick yourself up off the mat and get up to play when you think you should be playing tomorrow/friday. Got the W now you can reset and move forward ready to play.
North Texas isn't going to be a day at the beach.

It was not pretty but it is always nice to see a win. But I am not going to miss this style of play, the turnovers and defensive lapses.

Reactions: Powerful Pirates
HOW DO YOU CALL A SHOTCLOCK VIOLATION WHEN IT HIT THE F*ING RIM????!??!?!?!?!?!?
Thought that was the right call, ball hit the rim after the shot clock expired but I'm still pissed at the non-call on one-time Providence commit Essandoko's pushoff in regulation.

I was wondering if Richmond was hurt or his agent told him not to get hurt. Not engaged enough in the offense. Addae Wusu carried us in the first half and Dawes in the second. Al was not gonna lose this game. Great job by him offensively. He got us to OT and won the game.

I thought he got the shot off at one second too. Refs were bad but have to expect that in the NIT.

I was wondering if Richmond was hurt or his agent told him not to get hurt. Not engaged enough in the offense. Addae Wusu carried us in the first half and Dawes in the second. Al was not gonna lose this game. Great job by him offensively. He got us to OT and won the game.
His agent to get him on some team in Turkey? Am sure he will play overseas, but if he’s afraid to get hurt then sit out, that was embarrassing (at one point a St. Joes guy was all alone under the basket and Kadary barely jogged over from the sideline to “guard” him).

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
I thought we were awful. Thankfully daawes was heroic
So, Sha had excellent comments on the Post game about how down the team was about not getting selected. He said he tried everything to no avail. He said their heads were not right for alot of the game. He also said it led to so many breakdowns defensively under the basket. A Very Good Sha interview I thought.

So, Sha had excellent comments on the Post game about how down the team was about not getting selected. He said he tried everything to no avail. He said their heads were not right for alot of the game. He also said it led to so many breakdowns defensively under the basket. A Very Good Sha interview I thought.
He said what we all could see. Now there's something to play for... team better be ready for Saturday.

Reactions: LBP43
He said what we all could see. Now there's something to play for... team better be ready for Saturday.
Dawes played great. Wusu played his a&& off too.

I don't know what was going on with Richmond. Let's call it like it is: if that was the best player on another team looking like he did -- and I'm not talking about having a bad game, but the general effort and demeanor -- there would be a long line of criticism here.

Reactions: Seton00 and stipe65

I don't know what was going on with Richmond. Let's call it like it is: if that was the best player on another team looking like he did -- and I'm not talking about having a bad game, but the general effort and demeanor -- there would be a long line of criticism here.
Wusu was ready right from the tip. The others got more and more engaged as the game went on. Richmond never really did. The best stretch came with him on the bench.

It doesn't matter when it hits the rim - it's when the ball is released.
Yes but if it doesn't hit the rim before the shot clock expires, that's a violation, happens all the time.

How many times does a shooter get off a late three just before the shot clock expires, hits nothing, and it's a violation?

Reactions: Section112
I thought the defender got a hand on it between the clock expiring and the ball hitting the rim, just like in the BET against DePaul last year except it didn't go in this time.

Yes but if it doesn't hit the rim before the shot clock expires, that's a violation, happens all the time.

How many times does a shooter get off a late three just before the shot clock expires, hits nothing, and it's a violation?
That's not how it works at all. If the ball is released before the 0.0 on the shot clock, if it hits the rim, there is no shot clock violation. If it doesn't touch anything, then it is a violation.

hes saying it hit rim on the shot

I have been saying all year that I think Boeheim was right when he said that Richmond was a lazy player and he wasn’t sorry to see him transfer.

Reactions: Gohall129
I have been saying all year that I think Boeheim was right when he said that Richmond was a lazy player and he wasn’t sorry to see him transfer.
Is it lazy to not put a hand up when you close out on a 3 point shooter?

Hey, guys, we won the game-St Joe's ain't bad; I couldn't be happier-on the refs, yeah they missed some calls, but let's be honest, they shot maybe 6-8 FT all game, we shot many more than that!
We won a big game 2nite, let's win 1 more over the weekend!

Let’s see, early in the year, the usual posters rag on Dawes. Lately it’s been Wusu. Of course Richmond. They’re dumb, low IQ, lazy. Always recite the negatives, rarely the positives. Really why do some posters even watch the games.

I watched the play on TV in stop action. It was released at the .1 second mark. Even if the play was reviewed it would not have been overturned.

That's not accurate Steve. If the ball is released before the shot clock buzzer the ball is in play. As I noted elsewhere I watched the play on TV in stop action and the ball was released at the .1 second mark.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
They should have reviewed at a minimum to see if the shot hit the rim. Can the play be reviewed for both whether the shot got off in time and or hit the rim? That jump ball call was a complete cop out call.

Reactions: catholicman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT