ADVERTISEMENT

Starting Lineup / Cal Game Thread

Who told Yetna he could shoot threes.Willard has to put some guys on no shoot 3’s list If you are CYO shooter from 3 can’t shoot them in division 1 Really bad loss really deserved.

Reactions: TomD82
We can nitpick but it was a win. Question..... do you press much earlier to pick up the pace of the game ?? The rotation will slowly be reduced in my opinion and Cale will absolutely be part of it.

Not related to the game but seems fitting on a night where Richmond had 12 points. Syracuse loses convincingly to VCU in a game where Boehiems kids combined for 30 of the teams 62 FGs and team shot 29%. Maybe they’d play better if he wasn’t so worried about trying to pad his kids stats

Don’t discount Samuel’s tap in and Yetna’s offensive rebound and I believe he went to the line.

I actually liked the concept of getting the ball to Richmond. That was an NBA type iso. BS flop in my opinion.

Rhoden brought us back. Aiken hit that onions three. I actually thought that was not the best idea.,

Ike 0 points 0 REBOUNDS. 7’2” and no rebounds.

He has 2 frying pans for hands. Players shots will clang off of them as well as passes to him and rebounds.

• Wow
Reactions: shupat08
Ike 0 points 0 REBOUNDS. 7’2” and no rebounds.

He has 2 frying pans for hands. Players shots will clang off of them as well as passes to him and rebounds.
What really made me upset watching this game was how they didn't even TRY to rebound on most shots. A lot of standing around and waiting for the ball to drop into their laps. Obiagu in particular. Gotta have some, I dunno, motivation? Desire to get the boards?? Anything???

Glad we won but gosh it should NOT have been this hard.

Reactions: JGCPA and TomWall
Not related to the game but seems fitting on a night where Richmond had 12 points. Syracuse loses convincingly to VCU in a game where Boehiems kids combined for 30 of the teams 62 FGs and team shot 29%. Maybe they’d play better if he wasn’t so worried about trying to pad his kids stats
You think Boeheim’s goal is to pad his kids stats and not win games on the level he has for his whole career? And I’d hit the pause button before using Richmond to take shots at Boeheim unless you are talking about the classless way he reacted to his departure.

9-41 from 3 for the two games….yikes
9 assists last 2 Games is really yikes-- this is not a team --bunch of Guys throwing up shots when they find the ball -very disappointed

Last edited:
Reactions: SHUMA04
Does anyone know why the backcourt call early in the game against Cal was reversed.I didn’t see if they went to monitor but Cal coach was carrying on like a crybaby and then call reversed.Raf commented that it was very unusual for that call to be reversed so I assume they didn’t go to monitor ?

Does anyone know why the backcourt call early in the game against Cal was reversed.I didn’t see if they went to monitor but Cal coach was carrying on like a crybaby and then call reversed.Raf commented that it was very unusual for that call to be reversed so I assume they didn’t go to monitor ?
It should not have been reversed. We deflected the ball but just before it went into the backcourt it was touched by a Cal player. That's a backcourt violation. But as was par for the course all night the refs missed the call.

In short they gave the ball to Cal, then us, then back to Cal in the span of 30 seconds.

Reactions: LBP43
Always funny reading these threads afterward. We played like crap, but some posters like to cook up a heaping serving of crap and eat it slowly all game.

There is a growing list of “Hall fans” that I’d never offer my tickets to if I can’t make a game because it would be thoroughly embarrassing if the people around me think that these people are in any real way associated with us.

Reactions: Seton75
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT