ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

how do you guys know that? how do you know a D2 players specs? thats crazy plugged in. and a lot of times D2 is worse than D3. whats the actual skinny on this guy?
You’re thinking of non revenue generating sports with your a lot of times comment and frankly even there that’s changed a lot to particularly with $ available in D2

You’re thinking of non revenue generating sports with your a lot of times comment and frankly even there that’s changed a lot to particularly with $ available in D2
haha cant understand that comment but im guessing for basketball D2 is better than D3 because of the money involved.

in any case definitely an obscure transfer pool

All we need is Parker Fox and Earl Timberlake to transfer Hall-in, then we can start buying our final 4 tix. 🤣

Here is ET’s Twitter. Seems religious which is a bonus for seton hall. Rumored he wants to be closer to home. He likes Maryland and Nova (friends with Moore), no idea on his thoughts on Gtown.

Still holding out hope since we were his final official visit before heading to Miami.

Parker Fox is intriguing...I watched some of his highlights and he is crazy athletic. Not sure how his skills translate to D1 but def. One to keep an eye on.

The comment that 75 schools have reached out to UMass transfer Tre Mitchell is about 45 schools more then recruited him coming out of HS and is a reflection of how important the transfer pool of talent has become and how heavily recruited many of its players are.

Last edited:
The comment that 75 schools have reached out to UMass transfer Tre Mitchell is about 45 schools more then recruited him coming out of HS and is a reflection of how important the transfer pool of talent has become and how heavily recruited many of its players are.

I'd think a guy who averaged 18.8 ppg and 7.2 rpg at the A-10 level would be in some demand.

That's a pretty proven commodity as opposed to projecting what an incoming freshman will provide.

Last edited:
Reactions: mbraue
It’s free agency for all for first time + over a year of dealing with pandemic (no normal college/campus life developing relationships with students) + extra year eligibility = chaos

Wuhab was basically going to be their key guy, big man under the best college big man to do it.

crazy. ewing cant retain players

The current transfer rules, I have felt from day 1, would help SHU as we rarely lose top guys. Unfortunately it probably hurts Gtown under Ewing who always loses top players. I give credit to Willard for the dedication his players have for him and the team.

Thought Georgetown would be tough next year even if their seniors didn't stay for the bonus year, but the Wahab news is definitely a blow. I'm reading this rumor tracker thread on Casual Hoya because I'm trying to figure out why I've read at least twice on here that Earl Timberlake is headed to Georgetown with Lykes because I haven't seen it anywhere else. One commenter mentions him twice, but that's it. If this were as much of a done deal as the posters on here led me to believe, wouldn't it be bigger news on their side?

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
Quite a surprising transfer. You would think having an All-Time NBA player as your coach providing instruction
is a good situation?

Reactions: Bluebeard
hes from nigeria, does big east have the internal conference transfer rules for next season? if not maybe skinn shouts at him

hes from nigeria, does big east have the internal conference transfer rules for next season? if not maybe skinn shouts at him
As far as I know. There is still a year sit out rule within conference still. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Plus even if there wasn’t still an official rule, maybe there is an unofficial code of ethics the big east coaches go by to not go after fellow big east team’s players.

Reactions: SHUMA04 and batts
Quite a surprising transfer. You would think having an All-Time NBA player as your coach providing instruction
is a good situation?
And with Timberlake and Lykes rumored to be coming in...why would you leave with a chance to go deep in the NCAA?

Well they do have the number 6 recruiting class coming in with at least one high profile big (mutumbo?), maybe we was worried about PT?

I couldn’t image any high school player eating his minutes so doubtful that is the answer. It has to be a culture thing bc of so many star player leaving before him as well.

Georgetown fan here. First off, I really want to figure out why Timberlake and Lykes keep getting rumored to us by a few posters on here. Lykes rumor has some legs because it’s been echoed in the mainstream for quite some time but nothing from our “ITK” guys on ET.
Regarding Qudus, shocking to the fans but apparently his handler is involved in this and doesn’t believe Q has gotten proper recognition due to Georgetown’s W/L record over the last 2 years. Not sure why he’d bounce when we probably had a fringe top 25 team with him coming back (assuming the #5 recruiting class is as good as advertised).

With the total meltdown of our season, the terrible recruiting class last year and the crazy Wild West that this transfer portal has become I was down, depressed and ready for the worst. I'm sure it was paranoia combined with the luck of the Pirates that I was afraid that with a fairly weak looking team coming back next year that some big flashy program would come hard after Rhoden and we'd totally be screwed.😮 Amazing how in a couple weeks things can turn around and start looking good for us!:) Thank heaven for that!🙏Good job by the staff keeping things together and adding the Harris bros! Let's keep the good news coming.

Actually the scenario I was afraid of with Rhoden isn't as surprising as what just happened with Wahub. Wouldn't guess that one in a million years. Must be something behind the scenes that's not obvious.

I agree, don’t buy the playing time/competition angle. Could be a behind the scenes reason the average college hoops fan may not know. His transfer makes no sense at all to me.

Even if Mutombo is the second coming of Patrick Ewing, Wahab shouldn't have to worry about reduced minutes.

The only place he will play reduced minutes next year is in the NBA.
Why? He had a great season. Hes scared of a freshman?

Soft served if true.
I never said it was a good reason, just a possibility that your competition's dad is good friends with the coach. Adults get in a players ear and give bad advice. It happens all of the time. This may be a possibility. It may not have anything to do with it at all. Everyone is shocked by this move, that's the only thing I could think of from an outsiders perspective.

Regarding Qudus, shocking to the fans but apparently his handler is involved in this and doesn’t believe Q has gotten proper recognition due to Georgetown’s W/L record over the last 2 years. Not sure why he’d bounce when we probably had a fringe top 25 team with him coming back (assuming the #5 recruiting class is as good as advertised).

I never said it was a good reason, just a possibility that your competition's dad is good friends with the coach. Adults get in a players ear and give bad advice. It happens all of the time. This may be a possibility. It may not have anything to do with it at all. Everyone is shocked by this move, that's the only thing I could think of from an outsiders perspective.

I think what the Georgetown fan above said is very plausible.

The young man will get his minutes anywhere he wants to play.

Why? He had a great season. Hes scared of a freshman?

Soft served if true.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ewing stuck this out for another year or so, and if this keeps up, decides that it is not worth his time to invest so much time in a kid, only to have him leave on a whim.

I get a kick how there is this outcry about the number of transfers this year, that it’s a result of free agency, the extra year of eligibility because of the pandemic, the removal of the year sit - out rule and probably a few other reasons thrown out there. Here’s a list of the number of transfers in Division -1 from 2017 and counting this year to date.

2017 - 904
2018 - 882
2019 - 992
2020 - 1,026
2021 - 866 ( to date )

Seems to me we’ve had a hell of a lot of transfers for quite a while , even when the sit out a year provision was in place, when there was no pandemic, etc. Kids today are less patience then ever and have less hesitancy to switch schools and I don’t see that changing any time soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT