ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

We have 9 players planned to be on scholly next year (unless more departures happen and/or Reynolds/Cale stays) so we have 4 vacancies. I’d be surprised if we didn’t have at least 2 incoming transfers (maybe both at guard).

I thought that immediately, but he'd be limiting himself a little bit with that, no? He scored 9 ppg as a freshman in the Big Ten, so he seems like he's worth more than New Mexico.
Maybe the other Pitino lands a major conference gig and Marshburn follows there.

Is anyone staying at Penn State? Pitt seems to be seeing a lot bail, too.

Once a player enters the portal has he completely cut ties with the old team, or is it like testing the waters of the NBA draft?

Maybe the other Pitino lands a major conference gig and Marshburn follows there.
Ha! Who knows? (Although that $10 million buyout is a biggie.)

Maybe -- and I'm just throwing this out there, Jamal -- you can play for a coach with another surname? Crazy, I know.

Once a player enters the portal has he completely cut ties with the old team, or is it like testing the waters of the NBA draft?

No, he can still come back but a school does not have to keep a scholarship open for him/take him back.

Reactions: BabyBlue
Ha! Who knows? (Although that $10 million buyout is a biggie.)

Maybe -- and I'm just throwing this out there, Jamal -- you can play for a coach with another surname? Crazy, I know.
I believe Dikembe Mutombo said when he was talking about his son,, there's only one school Georgetown. Maybe the Mashburns believe there’s only one surname to play for. People are crazy.

Reactions: SHUSource
Mashburn can really play. Stepped up when Gabe Kalscheur went down. I'd take him in a heartbeat. Really like the Penn State guys too, with the exception of Seth Lundy.

“It would be a special feeling to return home and play for the Hall. They’ve told me that they're very interested in me and that they need someone who brings to the table what I bring to the table and that there’s not many that do it at the level that I do. On top of that, the fact that I can play a major role in a winning situation in front of my friends and family.

“It would be a special feeling to return home and play for the Hall. They’ve told me that they're very interested in me and that they need someone who brings to the table what I bring to the table and that there’s not many that do it at the level that I do. On top of that, the fact that I can play a major role in a winning situation in front of my friends and family.
As it should be - stay home young man and help the Pirates while helping yourself in front of family and friends.

Portal now stands at 597. Samir Torrence from Marquette has entered the transfer portal. 4 star PG coming out of HS.

As for Jamir Harris........

Since this year didn’t ”count” towards exhausting a year of eligibility, and he is showing a senior on American’s website, and looking on the ESPN player profile showing him having played 3 years with a year in between as a transfer from Minneapolis, will he still have two years available or just one?

Since this year didn’t ”count” towards exhausting a year of eligibility, and he is showing a senior on American’s website, and looking on the ESPN player profile showing him having played 3 years with a year in between as a transfer from Minneapolis, will he still have two years available or just one?
I’ve read he will have 2 years.

2 if he wants. He fits what we need. I hope it proves to be a good fit for all involved.

Had a better year last, I believe, but I imagine he is going to have a number of suitors. Scored 17 on us.

This is a sad, pathetic take

Sid Wilson will be on, what, his fourth school, and this is the hill you want to die on for the “college is for everyone” stuff. Absent extraordinary circumstances, being at 4 schools of that short a time period might plausibly be construed as college not being a fit for the kid, ha think?

Do we want another kid who shoots under 30% from 3? His overall FG% is pretty attrocious.

Check 19-20. Bet it is much better. I recall reading he was down this year compared to last. Across the board.

Check 19-20. Bet it is much better. I recall reading he was down this year compared to last. Across the board.

Better, but that year is sandwiched in between 2 seasons where he was under 24% from 3 and under 34% overall. I'll pass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT