ADVERTISEMENT

Tweets week of June 8

This is the way you build a winning basketball program.
I will reserve my opinion about SJU until some of those recruits in attendance actually attend the school. So far the mullin mystique has not been that successful with the losing of a number of who they reached out to and visited. Mullin has also lost his best returning player and one of their previously committed recruits. That is a pretty rocky start. Success will come down to Mullin's coaching ability and whether he can close the deal with the recruits. You can hold as many open houses as you want but if you can't close open houses are not worth a thing.

I will reserve my opinion about SJU until some of those recruits in attendance actually attend the school. So far the mullin mystique has not been that successful with the losing of a number of who they reached out to and visited. Mullin has also lost his best returning player and one of their previously committed recruits. That is a pretty rocky start. Success will come down to Mullin's coaching ability and whether he can close the deal with the recruits. You can hold as many open houses as you want but if you can't close open houses are not worth a thing.

Bayonne
Just remember you can't hit a home run until you get up to the plate and Mullin & Co. are getting visits from top quality kids in significant numbers and SH is not. With Mullin's name, positive press and a top quality staff of assistants SJU will do well with its recruiting. If SH held an open house how many high quality kids do you think would attend?

Mullin has hit a HR imo. Yeah, he lost the Lavin recruit to LSU, who has the best class in the nation. He lost Jordan, which will hurt, but will probably help with stability. It is too bad for SJU that Alkins is gonna go late. Getting a kid like him early wold be a massive hit of positivity. Amazing that Lavin never recruited Alkins, but did recruit De La Rosa from the same HS. I don't want SJU to swallow us up, but the league needs some bolstering, and Alkins would be a major win.

Mullin has hit a HR imo. Yeah, he lost the Lavin recruit to LSU, who has the best class in the nation. He lost Jordan, which will hurt, but will probably help with stability. It is too bad for SJU that Alkins is gonna go late. Getting a kid like him early wold be a massive hit of positivity. Amazing that Lavin never recruited Alkins, but did recruit De La Rosa from the same HS. I don't want SJU to swallow us up, but the league needs some bolstering, and Alkins would be a major win.
Seton 75- I agree with you about having a strong SJU entry in the BE but something had to be said about the out of control praises of the " Mullin Mystique" that has taken over this board since he has been named. I've been around long enough and followed SHU and college basketball to know that results not hype form winning programs. I can recall the hype surrounding BG at SHU, Mike Rice and FJH at RU and how they were turning their programs into consistent winners. What Mullin is doing so far are all the right things by trying to get his name out to the local recruiting scene but it will take more than the "Mullin Mystique" for right now because his mystique is pale in comparision to the Calipari's, Pitino's and the Coach K's in the college recruiting world.

Isaiah Whitehead ‏@IsaiahW_15 41m41 minutes ago

It's A Work Day
1f4af.png
1f608.png
1f3c0.png

Seton 75- I agree with you about having a strong SJU entry in the BE but something had to be said about the out of control praises of the " Mullin Mystique" that has taken over this board since he has been named. I've been around long enough and followed SHU and college basketball to know that results not hype form winning programs. I can recall the hype surrounding BG at SHU, Mike Rice and FJH at RU and how they were turning their programs into consistent winners. What Mullin is doing so far are all the right things by trying to get his name out to the local recruiting scene but it will take more than the "Mullin Mystique" for right now because his mystique is pale in comparision to the Calipari's, Pitino's and the Coach K's in the college recruiting world.
Amaker came here and had that mystique from day one. No one is saying Mullin is Pitino. But he has an impressive aura about him and it is benefiting their program greatly. Success is never a given, but if I were a Johns fan he would have me, hook, line and sinker.

Reactions: SHUMike
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT