ADVERTISEMENT

We are Dancing!!!

Win 2 and they might get a 10.

If they only beat DePaul and lose 1st round of the BET there is still the possibility they are playing in Dayton depending on bid stealers and how the rest of the bubble performs.
Heard someone in the bathroom after the game expecting us to get a 5 or a 6 just because of a possible 13 win conference record. Some of us need to get out of our big East bubble. Yes we should be safely in with a win against DePaul. But I’m still not confident we’re clear of playing in Dayton.

Win 2 and they might get a 10.

If they only beat DePaul and lose 1st round of the BET there is still the possibility they are playing in Dayton depending on bid stealers and how the rest of the bubble performs.
I thought the same thing. No way get to a 7 seed without a huge BET run. Win 2 could easily get safely into the field. Remember NC State last year was 1-7 Q1 12-8 ACC and were safely in as an 11 seed.

Should be safely in but the seed might not be so great.

Unless Seton Hall gets 3rd in the conference, which is not out of the question.
Where they finish in the conference standings unfortunately has zero impact on their NCAA tournament seed.

Another thing the committee has stated before, because some conferences play unbalanced schedules.

depauls last gasp to win a game in the BE season, and spoil our season. youll get their best effort.

our bad days can be real bad. not worried, but they need to come out swinging and realize how important this game still is. especially to increase their net.

I really dont give a shite about our seed. My man Shaheen in his second year at his alma mater has lead his ninth picked team to the ncafa. I am THRILLED!
you def dont want to be in the play in. thats for sure.

Reactions: 60au9
If we win the big east tourney we might get a 6 seed (likely our ceiling).

No way we get a 6 or 7 seed by only beating DePaul (worst power conf team ever) and maybe St. John’s (potentially not even a tourney team) and lose the next.

We can overcome our metrics to get in tourney no problem…with our q1 wins, eye test, record, Sha St. Peter’s rating plus, and overall resume but there is no way we will be a great seed.

Dayton is still on table with a DePaul win and St. John’s loss.

I do however think we are in with a DePaul win no matter what happens in big East tourney which feels good.

Honestly, if we are in- I’m fine with an 11 or 12 seed.

8-9 seeds are almost always one and done- I don’t know the stats but I’d bet money that more teams make the sweet sixteen who are 11 or 12 seeds than 8 or 9 seeds.

We can make a run from there. Even playing in Dayton allows us to play more often and may be a benefit if we get into a groove

We did it!!! They did it!!! 1 win to go!!! Can't let our guard down against DePaul, and get as many wins at The Garden Party!!!! So proud of them and keep it going!!!!

(Whats this new one that conference tourney games don't mean anything? Since when?)

We are dancing and Eric Dixon is still walking.
f2b66b5ac7b0cc6e4196ab3e010009b8.gif

He is a load to deal with. His style seems to conceal the steps.
Love him as a player but he walks all the time and on too many occasions drops his shoulder in a bull rush initiating contact yet getting the whistle far more than he should.
Not to mention the amount of times he could/should be called for 3 seconds. One more pump fake or pivot and he may be using the entire shot clock!

I mean the shu ooc is about as weak an outcome as there can be. Yes in the at large field they have two of the better wins on the season. Also, have poor results in conf on the road in the manner of which they lost.
Looking at it objectively, let's not forget the good results in conference on the road.
5 BE road wins
Including a win at very tough to win (except for us) Providence. And yes we were winning before Bryce Hopkins went down and they actually played better without him.
A win at metrics darling St Johns.
A win at, until recently bracket darling Butler at tough to play Hinkle

Like all of us I hated losing so big in our other BE road contests. Let's just not forget the wins.

Reactions: donnie_baseball
Looking at it objectively, let's not forget the good results in conference on the road.
5 BE road wins
Including a win at very tough to win (except for us) Providence. And yes we were winning before Bryce Hopkins went down and they actually played better without him.
A win at metrics darling St Johns.
A win at, until recently bracket darling Butler at tough to play Hinkle

Like all of us I hated losing so big in our other BE road contests. Let's just not forget the wins.
The wins are why we're in the field in the first place. Most teams with our OOC resume were left for dead in December.

It's to Sha's credit and the team's credit that they rebounded from that.

Remember the 2018-19 team did basically the reverse. They lived off the wins over Kentucky and at Maryland until they beat Marquette and Villanova the last week of the regular season. They then added another win over Marquette in the BE semi-finals to get a 10 seed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT