ADVERTISEMENT

Wow!!

Piratz

All Universe
Gold Member
Mar 25, 2004
Great performance, damn. The team and crowd jacked from the start. Hutchins-Everett and Addae-Wusu were bringing it and this has rounded into a complete team.

The intensity and connection is night and day from earlier this year on defense. And everyone is rebounding.

Impressive stuff. What a turnaround.

👏👏

He looks like he will have stiffness for a few days so hopefully he will be back to game form by Sat

Great performance, damn. The team and crowd jacked from the start. Hutchins-Everett and Addae-Wusu were bringing it and this has rounded into a complete team.

The intensity and connection is night and day from earlier this year on defense. And everyone is rebounding.

Impressive stuff. What a turnaround.

👏👏
Great crowd considering the weather conditions.

impressive and conv win against St JohnS. Let’s keep this going by beating Creighton on Saturday. Let’s make it a sell out.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Hitting the tough five game stretch of @ Butler, SJU, Creighton and Providence and @Marquette, I was hoping for 3-2.....2-0 and we weren't favored in either of the first two.

I sat at Rutgers game and said I cannot believe we are getting out toughed. Since then we have been beating up every opponent.
I wrote the season off after that game. Assumed it was a lost year and was looking to develop the future. Silly me. How quickly things can change. This has been one hell of an emotional rollercoaster.

I’ve been saying all week. No reason to have St. John’s ahead of us until they pick up a top 25 win.. Pitino or not were a better team.
I don’t know because I haven’t been able to watch too much SJU basketball, but how much of a loss for them was Jordan Dingle?

I don’t know because I haven’t been able to watch too much SJU basketball, but how much of a loss for them was Jordan Dingle?
He’s averaging 8 points in big east play and recently lost his starting job.. some impact. Don’t think it changed the inevitable unless the guy went for 30

Reactions: Hall Is Life
I was ready for a rock fight not a blowout. That was one of the most enjoyable games ever. Kudos to Sha, the staff and the team.
It WAS a rock fight but we had all the rocks.

Maybe every time I get the feeling that we are a really good team I feel this way. This irrational jubilation. But this one seems more special. We had a team most of us (I know I did) had, if not written them off, then had little expectations. We played poorly. Looked lost and undermanned.

And now this! And it is lead by a true Seton Hall man, the great Shaheen!!!

It WAS a rock fight but we had all the rocks.

Maybe every time I get the feeling that we are a really good team I feel this way. This irrational jubilation. But this one seems more special. We had a team most of us (I know I did) had, if not written them off, then had little expectations. We played poorly. Looked lost and undermanned.

And now this! And it is lead by a true Seton Hall man, the great Shaheen!!!
Sha with an absolutely masterful coaching job to turn this ship around. To think I (and many others here) were questioning his ability to coach at this level is preposterous. I’m so happy that I was wrong. Hell of a coach and hell of a team. Go Pirates!

Sha with an absolutely masterful coaching job to turn this ship around. To think I (and many others here) were questioning his ability to coach at this level is preposterous. I’m so happy that I was wrong. Hell of a coach and hell of a team. Go Pirates!
I can honestly say (and my posts support it) that I never questioned Sha's coaching ability. I just looked at last year and how hard they played along with their good D and had complete confidence in Sha. I was questioning, however, the talent on the team and especially the 2 guard (indicating that if we had more NIL money we would have better 2 guard). With that said, i was very wrong. Dawes has been so good through the first 7 games of the Big East. While i still question his shot selection at times (and i admit that i have questioned shots he went on to make), he has just been so under control. He is like a different person from the OoC schedule. Just a great job by Dawes.

Anyway, the team rebounds, makes ft's, plays good D and plays hard (and is tough). The only thing to really complain about so far in the Big East season is the turnovers. Just an absolute awesome job by Sha and the players.

Last edited:
I can honestly say (and my posts support it) that never questioned Sha's coaching ability. I just looked at last year and how hard they played along with their good D and had complete confidence in Sha. I was questioning, however, the talent on the team and especially the 2 guard (indicating that if we had more NIL money we would have better 2 guard). With that said, i was very wrong. Dawes has been so good through the first 7 games of the Big East. While i still question his shot selection a times (and i admit that i have questioned shots he went on to make), he has just been so under control. He is like a different person from the OoC schedule. Just a great job by Dawes.

Anyway, the team rebounds, makes ft's, plays good D and plays hard (and is tough). The only thing to really complain about so far in the Big East season is the turnovers. Just an absolute awesome job by Sha and the players.
If I could “love” this, I would. In fact, we as a board should do a year-end thread owning up to what we were wrong about. Would prove just how little (or much) we all really know. I’m sure it would be a very humbling collections of posts.

That loss haunts our metric to this day..
I don't disagree, but based on where we are right now (6-1 in BE) and winners of 8 of 9 from that game, that loss is probably the best thing that happened to us.

I think everyone of us would have signed on the dotted line that day.....we look listless and awful and lose to bad Rutgers team, but win 8 of 9 including wins over UCONN and Marquette.

Reactions: hallwins
That loss haunts our metric to this day..
Nobody likes a loss...the Rutgers game was the first time I EVER left a SHU game early..... and I've been a season ticket holder since 1989.....I was despondent........ BUT I wonder if we would be the team we are today if we didn't lose that game.... maybe it took a wakeup call like that to get the players attention and finally start to believe SHA. He's talked about leaving that game with shoulders slumped and maybe second guessing himself. It seemed though to strengthen his resolve and double down on his approach. Losing to Rutgers a blessing in disguise???? Maybe. But please..... let's not let it happen again.

So let me get this straight......Top 2 Teams in Big East are coached by SHU grads. Pretty, Pretty, Pretty good
Both George Blaney guys, for at least part of their careers. Just saying.

For what it's worth, he was just recognized at a Connecticut game in the crowd went wild. I get he had his issues at the Hall, but the guy rocked as an associate head coach for Calhoun.

Both George Blaney guys, for at least part of their careers. Just saying.

For what it's worth, he was just recognized at a Connecticut game in the crowd went wild. I get he had his issues at the Hall, but the guy rocked as an associate head coach for Calhoun.
I always liked and rooted forBlaney. A fellow St Peter's Prep grad. He had a distinguished career and I can understand why Uconn fans remember him fondly.. ... Have to admit though, he did kind of mail it in a bit when at The Hall. At least that was the knock on him. Big East Head coach responsibilities vs Patriot League level Head coach.

Reactions: SHUSource and CL82
I sat at Rutgers game and said I cannot believe we are getting out toughed. Since then we have been beating up every opponent.
IMO, in the the OOC thru the RU game, I dont know how we weren't doubting Sha. It broke my heart but I saw what I saw. Out offense wasn't good, our defense wasn't good. We showed little of the toughness that I expect from Sha's team. If you could look past that, not be concerned and see this happening, you are a better hoop mind than me by 1000 %.

And then, I guess it just clicked in the guys' heads, they started hearing what was being said, started playing with confidence, helped by the confidence their coach continued to show than after some bad performances, far outreaching the hopes of even a nutty optimist like me. In preseason, I thought being 4 or 5 was realistic. After RU I thought every BE game was losable.

I dont know what Sha did. I just hope he remembers in case its needed again lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT