ADVERTISEMENT

Wow!!

Both George Blaney guys, for at least part of their careers. Just saying.

For what it's worth, he was just recognized at a Connecticut game in the crowd went wild. I get he had his issues at the Hall, but the guy rocked as an associate head coach for Calhoun.
His tenure at the Hall was not great. However, Calhoun gives George a lot of credit for their success. In addition, I have known George most of my life and he is a terrific person and friend.

IMO, in the the OOC thru the RU game, I dont know how we weren't doubting Sha. It broke my heart but I saw what I saw. Out offense wasn't good, our defense wasn't good. We showed little of the toughness that I expect from Sha's team. If you could look past that, not be concerned and see this happening, you are a better hoop mind than me by 1000 %.

And then, I guess it just clicked in the guys' heads, they started hearing what was being said, started playing with confidence, helped by the confidence their coach continued to show than after some bad performances, far outreaching the hopes of even a nutty optimist like me. In preseason, I thought being 4 or 5 was realistic. After RU I thought every BE game was losable.

I dont know what Sha did. I just hope he remembers in case its needed again lol.
This all day long.

It’s ok if you had serious concerns at 5-4 with the way we were playing. Everything you said was spot on. And I, like others, recognize that the team on the court right now is not the team of late 2022. Something clicked. Guys are playing within themselves. Defense has improved. It’s night and day.

Kudos to Sha and team. On to Creighton.

This all day long.

It’s ok if you had serious concerns at 5-4 with the way we were playing. Everything you said was spot on. And I, like others, recognize that the team on the court right now is not the team of late 2022. Something clicked. Guys are playing within themselves. Defense has improved. It’s night and day.

Kudos to Sha and team. On to Creighton.
The overall sentiment I agree with all day.

The suggestion by some that we bench Wusu and Dawes in favor of a youth movement with Coleman and Brown, particularly in the time of NIL and immediate transfer eligibility, was not reasonable. Sha had one chance for success personnel wise - stick with his experienced starters, mold their performance and build reserves.

The overall sentiment I agree with all day.

The suggestion by some that we bench Wusu and Dawes in favor of a youth movement with Coleman and Brown, particularly in the time of NIL and immediate transfer eligibility, was not reasonable. Sha had one chance for success personnel wise - stick with his experienced starters, mold their performance and build reserves.
But go back to that thought. It was against a low major team coming out of the Rutgers disappointment. The thought by most (the non-extreme) wanted one or both to come off the bench to send a message. Watch a bit of the game. Understand that selfish play, chucking bad shots, lack of defense, was not working.

If Coleman started for Dawes or Wusu against Monmouth, I would have fully expected to go back to the original starter against Missouri. If you remember, it wasn’t until the backups were in against Monmouth that we showed any kind of life.

Sha sent a message, somehow. It was not unreasonable to want that message to be a 1-game stint as the 6th man against a low major when we were playing how we were playing.

It’s always easy to Monday morning quarterback after a run of great basketball to say see, you guys were all wrong.

No one, absolutely no one had us 6-1 going into Creighton.

Reactions: LeftCoastPirates
But go back to that thought. It was against a low major team coming out of the Rutgers disappointment. The thought by most (the non-extreme) wanted one or both to come off the bench to send a message. Watch a bit of the game. Understand that selfish play, chucking bad shots, lack of defense, was not working.

If Coleman started for Dawes or Wusu against Monmouth, I would have fully expected to go back to the original starter against Missouri. If you remember, it wasn’t until the backups were in against Monmouth that we showed any kind of life.

Sha sent a message, somehow. It was not unreasonable to want that message to be a 1-game stint as the 6th man against a low major when we were playing how we were playing.

It’s always easy to Monday morning quarterback after a run of great basketball to say see, you guys were all wrong.

No one, absolutely no one had us 6-1 going into Creighton.
This. Based on the performance, and what we were looking at, it was reasonable to have that discussion on a message board with the way Dawes and Wusu were playing. None of us have a few into what is going on in practice, and maybe there wasn’t even anything obvious there. Props to for making the right decisions and pushing the right buttons.

As you said, no one had us at 6-1. Chest beating and “I told you so’s” a little hollow.

This. Based on the performance, and what we were looking at, it was reasonable to have that discussion on a message board with the way Dawes and Wusu were playing. None of us have a few into what is going on in practice, and maybe there wasn’t even anything obvious there. Props to for making the right decisions and pushing the right buttons.

As you said, no one had us at 6-1. Chest beating and “I told you so’s” a little hollow.
I have been a firm supporter of SHA from the get go...... BUT I really had my doubts after the Rutgers game. We were playing like dog meat... what else was there to do but scratch our heads. At least now we have tasted some filet mignon....... and expectations are now through the roof. Have to be careful and I keep reminding myself of what Sha keeps saying.... can't get too low after a loss OR too high after a win. Jeez..... it's tough being a fan. lol

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT