ADVERTISEMENT

Zegarowski out indefinitely

Sorry to hear that under any circumstance.
They have had how many years of serious injuries to one of their best players? Did Creighton hire our trainer from 6+ years ago?

Reactions: Pirate Russ
What I read is evaluated day to day and doubtful for Thursday with a Meniscus injury. Is there something else that says indefinitely?

That side of the bracket is Providence's for the taking if that's accurate.

Really sucks that that happened! He's a helluva player. From a selfish SHU fan standpoint the timing sucked that if he had to get hurt it was in the last freaking minute of the game...after he lit us up from 3 and helped win the game for them. Hope he recovers and a healthy SHU team beats a healthy Creighton team for the championship Saturday.

They seem to have just horrible luck with injuries every year
For sure! Sometimes as a Pirate fan we can feel snakebite with bad luck but Creighton has had some terrible breaks. Losing Epperson was a big blow for them this season and Krampelj was a helluva player who was derailed by injuries in the past.

I want them so bad on Saturday night. If you are a Seton Hall fan you have to be pissed with all that jawing they did. With that said, he is becoming one hell of a player and I hope he gets healthy quick!

Last edited:
Hate see injuries but he had a very bad attitude on the court. Showed a lack of class with his actions.

Hate see injuries but he had a very bad attitude on the court. Showed a lack of class with his actions.
Yeah, but for all you or I know he could be spending his spare time with sick children. Can’t judge a human being for how they act during 2 hours of game time.

Reactions: HallLine69
I didn't judge him as a human being but stated he showed a very bad attitude on the basketball court.

I have no issue with them celebrating. They beat SETON HALL for the number one seed and their piece of the BE crown. Helluva job by cu.

Awful news about z. Hope he comes back strong. If that kid is 2nd team all league, that league has a helluva lotta terrific guards.

I’m always surprised on the prognosis of meniscus tears in college and professional sports . It’s always only 3-4 weeks.

I’ve torn my myself meniscus, 3 separate times and it never took me under a 3-4 months to get back to 100% game shape. Maybe it’s the advanced medical team and facilities that make the difference?

I’m always surprised on the prognosis of meniscus tears in college and professional sports . It’s always only 3-4 weeks.

I’ve torn my myself meniscus, 3 separate times and it never took me under a 3-4 months to get back to 100% game shape. Maybe it’s the advanced medical team and facilities that make the difference?
Were u ever scoped for it...the best thing to do is to reattach a meniscus tear if possible but its a far longer rehab vs scope and removal of small defective piece

Vegas have you ever played basketball? I doubt it according to your response, did you notice his actions on the court. Only one of his teammates acted in a similar manner and that was Jefferson. It is called winning with class.

Vegas have you ever played basketball? I doubt it according to your response, did you notice his actions on the court. Only one of his teammates acted in a similar manner and that was Jefferson. It is called winning with class.
Seriously, do you think flexing all of the time is winning with class? Is there really that big of a difference between clapping and flexing when things are going your way? I’ve said in other posts, that was called hot dogging when I was growing up. Today it’s more acceptable.

Reactions: Abbo71
Personally I thought he was fine during The Hall game. If you don’t like the “all day” chants and clapping when he’s pumping up the crowd...then get a hand in his face and guard him. Guy was unconscious in his teams biggest game since joining the Big East.

You’ve never seen Powell (Q and Rhoden) do the same sort of thing with the flexing and chirping? Please...

I feel bad for the kid and Creighton as after the BET, I want all the BE teams to advance deep into the tournament. Creighton firing on all cylinders has Final 4 potential. Need teams other than just Nova to advance... Was hoping the top 3 went to Elite 8 or better (as unrealistic as that might be).

Wow don’t care how a player acts never want to feel satisfaction if they get hurt while playing. This kid is a great player and we would all love to have him and his attitude on our team. Don’t care if you played basketball or not that should be your attitude.

When I played basketball, I played hard and hated to lose. If another player started talking it just made me more determined to outplay that player on the court. (Never talked but let my actions-play do the talking).

When I played basketball, I played hard and hated to lose. If another player started talking it just made me more determined to outplay that player on the court. (Never talked but let my actions-play do the talking).
Some might say Mamus actions on the court can be considered questionable

In sports at all levels, injuries are part of the game. It is always Next Man Up!

For sure! Sometimes as a Pirate fan we can feel snakebite with bad luck but Creighton has had some terrible breaks. Losing Epperson was a big blow for them this season and Krampelj was a helluva player who was derailed by injuries in the past.
And Watson few more years back

Why would you risk him at all this week?
If this was midseason they would likely scope him and possibly rush back in 3 weeks
He was not supposed to play when we played them in Creighton, He played the whole game and hit a 35 footer at the buzzer to win it for them, we should have beaten those guy twice and cut down the nets!!

I'm joking!

What isn't a joke is that he is one heck of a player and I feel bad for them if he can't go in the NCAA

The competitor in me always hates to see the other team jawing especially when you are getting smoked (all teams do it in some way) but absolutely in no way do you want to see a player get hurt for any reason. He is becoming a big time player.

And, again, our guys never celebrate or lose control of their emotions on the court :)

Young man is a helluva player who I would kill to have on our team. And if he acted the same way last weekend with our uniform no one would be saying shi$.

If I’m Creighton I’m sitting him until the real dance even if he’s able to potentially go. The BE tourney isn’t worth it.

It sucks getting your teammates energized to beat an opponent and then lead the way to victory. Classless. ;)

Reactions: P1RAT3 and Vegas pj
Played it, coached it and for 2 years help recruiting to SH. What about you?

Reactions: dcPirate
Seriously, do you think flexing all of the time is winning with class? Is there really that big of a difference between clapping and flexing when things are going your way? I’ve said in other posts, that was called hot dogging when I was growing up. Today it’s more acceptable.
Exactly

Reactions: Abbo71
Obviously, your game plan failed at CU.

Great coach, but why was he in at that point? I don’t like when KW does that with MP.

Game was over. Let the starters take a curtain call.

that being said I hope he’s back 3/19.

Reactions: SHUMA04
Were u ever scoped for it...the best thing to do is to reattach a meniscus tear if possible but its a far longer rehab vs scope and removal of small defective piece

Doc, whether they do a meniscal repair or a removal of the torn fragment, it's always done through the scope. If they repair it (and only a few cases qualify for it), he's done for a couple of months. In the other case, can be a matter of weeks.

Doc, whether they do a meniscal repair or a removal of the torn fragment, it's always done through the scope. If they repair it (and only a few cases qualify for it), he's done for a couple of months. In the other case, can be a matter of weeks.
You think he can make it back next week? Don't see them winning more than a game without him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT