ADVERTISEMENT

SHU Account Manager with Ticketmaster

Question about selling tickets in the account manager via Ticketmaster. I've bought them before but have never sold them. I sold two for less than $100 and don't plan to do this again. They won't release the $ to me unless I submit a 1099-k form. It states that if I sell over $600, they will need to fill out the form. In the FAQ I read they are asking for a TIN Tax identification number and my SS #. Are they kidding me? This is crazy. There's no way I'm going to do this for the small value I just sold my tickets for. Anyone else deal with this?

Seton Hall Welcomes Iowa For Gavitt Games Clash At The Rock

_AR32138_0O8xG.jpg

Game 3: Iowa Hawkeyes (2-0) at Seton Hall Pirates (2-0)
Wednesday, Nov. 16 • Prudential Center (Newark, N.J.) • 7:30 p.m.
TV: FS1 • Tim Brando & Donny Marshall
Web: FOX Sports Live
Radio: SHU Pirates Mobile App / Pirate Sports Network / SiriusXM 382 / SXM app 972 / Gary Cohen & Dave Popkin
Game Notes: Seton Hall | Iowa
Follow Along: Instagram | Twitter | Live Stats
Game Promotion: BIG EAST ALL-ACADEMIC RECOGNITION / GREEK NIGHT​

GAME PROMOTIONS
  • During a media timeout, we will recognize all the student-athletes who were named to the BIG EAST All-Academic Team in 2021-22!
  • It's Greek Night, and Athletics will honor the presidents of all the Greek organizations during a media timeout!
MOBILE TICKETING
Moving forward all tickets to gain entry into men's and women's basketball home games will be fully digital, which will help to make entry to Prudential Center and Walsh Gymnasium safer and easier for fans.

This transition to digital ticketing through a smartphone will also help to make ticket transactions more secure while reducing fraud and counterfeiting. Tickets are accessible through the SHU Pirates Mobile App, available to all iOS and Android devices. For more information and to watch an informational video, click here.

CASHLESS POLICY

Cash will NOT be accepted at concession stands, retail locations or the Box Office.
Pay with a debit or credit card using tap to pay, chip or swipe, or mobile payment, including Apple Pay and Google Pay. For guests needing to convert cash to a card, Reverse ATMs are available with no fees by sections 1, 14, 125 and inside the Box Office Lobby.

NOTES YOU NEED TO KNOW

• Off to a 2-0 start under first-year head coach Shaheen Holloway, Seton Hall will welcome its first big test of the season as the Pirates take on the Iowa Hawkeyes at Prudential Center on Wednesday as part of the Gavitt Tipoff Games.
  • Holloway is the first Seton Hall coach since Tommy Amaker in 1997-98 to win his first two games as head coach.
  • Ironically, Holloway was a junior and the starting point guard for Amaker in 1997-98.
  • The best start for a head coach in Seton Hall history belongs to Hoddy Mahon, who led the Pirates to a 6-0 start in his lone season as the big whistle in 1981-82.
  • The Hall is looking to start 3-0 for the second consecutive season.
  • Holloway is the first Seton Hall graduate to lead the men's basketball program since all-time great Richie Regan '53 led the Pirates from 1960-70.
  • The last time Holloway was on the Seton Hall bench was as an associate head coach from 2010-18.
  • In that time span, the Pirates registered four 20-win seasons, three NCAA Tournament appearances and won the 2016 BIG EAST Tournament title.
  • The Pirates are 82-11 (.881) all-time at Prudential Center against non-conference opponents and have won their last 13 games against non-league foes at The Rock.
  • Through two games, four Pirates are averaging at least 10.5 points per game and 10 Pirates are averaging at least 15.5 minutes per contest.
  • Seton Hall is allowing only 48 points per game, 16 percent shooting from three (7-of-44) and 29 percent shooting from the floor through the first two games.
  • In Holloway's last 12 games as a head coach, his teams have allowed just 55.4 points per game.
  • KC Ndefo (Elmont, N.Y.) is the NCAA's active career leader in blocks with 312.
  • Senior Al-Amir Dawes (Newark, N.J.) is coming off of his first career double-double with a 13-point, 10-rebound performance against Saint Peter's.
  • Dawes is the first Pirates newcomer to score in double figures in his first two games in the Blue & White since Derrick Gordon in 2015-16.
  • Reunited are juniors Kadary Richmond (Brooklyn, N.Y.) and Femi Odukale (Brooklyn, N.Y.), who were high school teammates at South Shore High School in Brooklyn.
  • With the Davis' (Dre and Tae) and the Harris' (Jamir and JaQuan), Seton Hall is one of three schools in DI (Clemson and Kansas City) that has two sets of brothers on the same team.

Synching Gary and TV

I fooled around last game (another medical issue so I was home too, but all are OK now). Any easy way to synch up radio and TV, other than back some, forward some till they match, which is too much effort for my old bones...With Gary now only on the net and I assume ads dependant on listeners at least in part, I was thinking that is makes $en$e to synch them up now so Gary got more ears.

I assume there is a basic scientific reason why they are not in synch (light vs sound?), and I bet it has been explained here before. But why...

The Hall Faces No. 24 Princeton in Walsh on Monday

0M7A3437_copy_5m4ck.jpg

SOUTH ORANGE, NEW JERSEY – Walsh Gymnasium
SETON HALL (2-0) vs. PRINCETON (1-1)
DateTimeLive VideoLive AudioLive StatsTwitter
Mon.,
Nov. 14
7:00 PMPSN Secondary LogoWSOU logoStatBroadcast@SHUWBB

The Pirates will look to make it three straight victories to start the season against teams from the Garden State.​

THE GAME
Seton Hall will return to action on Monday, November 14 when it returns to the friendly confines of historic Walsh Gymnasium for a contest against three-time defending Ivy League champion Princeton. Tip time is scheduled for 7:00 p.m.

MEDIA
The game will be streamed by the Pirate Sports Network and available to FloHoops subscribers with Chris Markowitz and Phil Stern on the call. As usual, the game will also be available over the airwaves at 89.5 FM WSOU and at wsou.net. Jackson Shank and Mike Federico will describe the action on the radio. Live stats will also be available.

WSOU is now also airing a postgame "Hall Line" show following its women's basketball games. Be sure to tune in after the final buzzer.

PROMOTION
Come to the game and enjoy FREE PIZZA!! (while supplies last)

STREAM INFORMATION
The contest will streamed on FloHoops, one of the leading streaming services in the world. Special Seton Hall pricing is available only through this link for fans who want to subscribe to watch Seton Hall events, home and away, as well as all other live events on the FloSports platform. Fans with an .edu school address can purchase a subscription for $6.99 per month, and all other fans can purchase a subscription for $12.50 per month. The non-Seton Hall pricing on FloHoops is normally $29.99 per month.

LAST GAME
Graduate Sidney Cooks (Kenosha, Wis.) had a game-high 29 points and senior Lauren Park-Lane (Wilmington, Del.) added 18 more as the Pirates routed Rutgers, 75-57, at Jersey Mike's Arena on Friday.

After a slow start, the Pirates used an 18-2 run in the second quarter to pull away from the Scarlet Knights and improve to 2-0 on the young season.

Cooks erupted for 29 points on 12-for-19 shooting, including 3-for-7 from three-point range. She also had 11 rebounds for her second consecutive double-double. Park-Lane had 18 points, on the strength of four made three-pointers, to go with a game-high eight assists.

Senior Sha'Lynn Hagans (Manassas, Va.) finished with 12 points, while freshman Shailyn Pinkney (East Hartford, Conn.) had 10 points, eight rebounds and three assists.

Seton Hall University Logo
vs.
logo
Seton Hall All-Time vs. the Tigers: Seton Hall leads, 13-7
Last Meeting: Seton Hall 70, Princeton 60 (F) – December 11, 2021

SCOUTING PRINCETON
Friday's contest will be the 21st meeting in the history of Seton Hall and Princeton with the Pirates owning a 13-7 advantage in the prior 20 meetings. Last season, the Pirates snapped Princeton's 21-game home win streak with a thrilling 70-60 victory at Jadwin Gym. The Hall has now won two of the last three meetings against the Tigers.

Princeton is coming off another excellent season that finished with a 25-5 overall record and a perfect 14-0 mark in Ivy League play. The Tigers won their third consecutive conference title and earned a bid to the NCAA Tournament. In the marquee event, they upset No. 6 Kentucky before falling by only one point to No. 3 Indiana in the second round.

This year, the Tigers were again picked as the favorites to win the Ivy League per its preseason coaches' poll. They also opened the season ranked No. 24 in the AP Poll and No. 25 in the WBCA Poll. Junior Ellie Mitchell, the Ivy League Defensive Player of the Year returns, as does Julia Cunningham and Grace Stone, both All-Ivy League selections a year ago.

Princeton opened the 2022-23 season with a convincing 18-point victory over Temple on Monday. On Friday, they hosted BIG EAST rival Villanova and fell, 69-59, despite 18 points from Cunningham and 17 more from Stone.

UP NEXT
Seton Hall will play its second-straight game against a top Ivy League opponent when it welcomes Columbia to Walsh Gym on Thursday, Nov. 17. Game time is scheduled for 7:00 p.m.
Reactions: silkcitypirate

NFL Power Rankings for Week 11

5. New York Giants 7-2 (7)​

Two upcoming free agents continue to set the tone. Saquon Barkley carried a career high 35 times for 152 yards, victimizing the NFL’s worst rushing defense in a 24-16 win against the Texans. Daniel Jones (153.3) had the highest passer rating posted in any game this season. The defense kept the Texans out of the end zone on five of six red-zone trips.

13. New York Jets 6-3 (13)​

Could the Jets have the Offensive Rookie of the Year and Defensive Rookie of the Year? Cornerback Sauce Gardner feels like a lock. Receiver Garrett Wilson has a shot — and he was his team’s second-best option until running back Breece Hall’s season-ending injury. The Jets come off the bye with a shot to avenge the win that got away against the Patriots.

NBC News Recommends Children to stay away from unvaxxed this holiday season

With RSV already putting a strain on children's hospitals NBC news is recommending children to stay away from people that are unvaccinated against the flu and covid this winter. See more information below!:

Teams with the easiest slates this season

Georgetown and Texas Tech are among those guilty of scheduling soft nonconference schedules in 2022-23​

By Kyle Boone

Every year there are teams in college basketball that schedule aggressively in the nonconference. And, every year, there's teams that do quite the opposite. Today, after highlighting the former earlier in the week, we're going to highlight the latter.

Each of the five teams that qualified for our list are teams within the power conference structure. Because of that, they may be disincentivized from scheduling tough in the nonconference because of ample opportunities to prove their merit in conference play. Which is a reasonable assumption.

But hey, we can't let these teams get off that easy. You schedule soft, we will take notice.

This list is comprised solely off my subjective view of scheduling. It is not based upon any strength of schedule metrics, it does not account for preseason polls, nor does the specific venue of the games matter much. The only thing that matters is how I perceive a team's level of aggressiveness in scheduling and how soft or strong said schedule is.

That's all.

Let's jump right into it.

1. Iowa State

Nonconference highlights

• vs. No. 16 Villanova, Nov. 24
  • at Iowa, Dec. 8
  • at Missouri on Jan. 28
Nonconference lowlights

Schedule thoughts: Outside of the annual rivalry game with Iowa, the only real lookers on this nonconference slate is a neutral vs. Villanova on Nov. 24 and a home tilt vs. St. John's 10 days later. The rest is just straight up bad. Five of the 10 games are against teams ranked 320 or worse at KenPom.com, including IUPUI, which KenPom projects as the worst team in college hoops last season at dead last No. 363. Woof!

2. Georgetown

Nonconference highlights

Nonconference lowlights

Schedule thoughts: Under Patrick Ewing, Georgetown has scheduled soft for years. And this season? Well, it's not much different. The Big 12-Big East battle against No. 25 Texas Tech is really its only saving grace here. That's the only team on the Hoyas' nonconference schedule even generating votes in the AP Top 25 preseason poll. It's probably going to be an ugly season regardless for the Hoyas but the nonconference slate is equally ugly.

3. Texas Tech​

Nonconference highlights

• vs. No. 9 Creighton, Nov. 21 in Maui Invitational
  • vs. Georgetown, Nov. 30
  • at LSU, Jan. 28
Nonconference lowlights

Schedule thoughts: Only half of the 10 nonconference opponents for Texas Tech last season finished with a winning record if we exclude additional Maui Invitational games on top of Creighton. (Solely for the purpose of it being TBD on who it will play beyond the Bluejays.) Nearly half of its nonconference opponents finished with a losing record last season and in totality -- again, excluding whatever additional games it will play in the Maui beyond Creighton -- those opponents finished with a record that was well below .500, too: combined, they were 52-101 in 2021-22. There's always a chance that can change a little, maybe a lot, but most of these matchups are scheduled auto-Ws where Tech should roll by double digits easily.

4. Missouri

Nonconference highlights

Nonconference lowlights

Schedule thoughts: The top matchups for Mizzou in its nonconference slate allows it to avoid a No. 1 ranking on this list, but ... it's certainly close. Outside the big three -- Wichita State, Kansas and Illinois -- only one team the Tigers face is ranked in the top 100 at KenPom to open the season.

5. Utah

Nonconference highlights

• vs. BYU, Dec. 17
  • vs. TCU, Dec. 21
Nonconference lowlights

Schedule thoughts: The Pac-12's wonky schedule with conference games starting in December then pauses until the end of December makes Utah's schedule at first glance look decent, especially with Arizona on Dec. 1 on deck. But believe me: it is not decent. This schedule is not very tough. Aside from tests against BYU and TCU it should not only win out in non-league play, but do so by 10, 15, maybe 20 points on average per game.

And 1: LSU​

Nonconference highlights

• vs. Wake Forest, Dec. 10
  • vs. No. 25 Texas Tech, Jan. 28
Nonconference lowlights

Schedule thoughts: LSU's opening slate in SEC play is hilariously loaded -- I mean, seriously, it's just downright evil -- but the prelude to it in nonconference play is quite the opposite. Only two opponents are ranked inside KenPom's top 150 -- and one of those, Wofford, is ranked No. 147. This is a schedule unbefitting of a major conference player like LSU.

Brandon Gardner set to officially sign with St. John’s: ‘They’ve been loyal to me’

By Zach Braziller

St. John’s has received the best news of the early season, and it has nothing to do with what’s happening on the court.

Four-star and consensus top-100 forward Brandon Gardner will sign with the school on Wednesday after recently saying he would wait.

“They’ve been loyal to me. There’s not a lot of loyal people in this basketball business,” he told The Post. “I trust them in this process.”

A highly regarded 6-foot-8 forward who verbally committed to St. John’s in June, Gardner transferred to Christ the King in Queens for his senior season. He picked the Johnnies over Auburn, Georgetown, and LSU, among others. St. John’s missed on their other top targets, losing Brandon Williams to UCLA and Carl Cherenfant to Memphis, though they recently landed junior college All-American forward Yaxel Lendeborg. Gardner will become the second four-star recruit to sign with St. John’s in the Anderson era.

IMG_6067.jpg

Brandon Gardner is one of the highest-rated prospects St. John’s has ever landed.Courtesy of Tameka Gordon

“I wouldn’t say I was having second thoughts,” Gardner said. “We were having conversations, me and my mom and my people, the what-if conversations.”

But Gardner decided there was no reason to wait. He attended St. John’s win over Lafayette on Saturday and has become close to several current Johnnies, such as Posh Alexander, David Jones, and longtime friend AJ Storr.

“I talk to AJ probably every day,” he said. “He was talking to me about the decision. He was just saying, trust the process, don’t let the outsiders come in. It’s really family here, stuff like that.”
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT