ADVERTISEMENT

‘Gaslighting, retaliation and intimidation’ forced me to leave Seton Hall, former president says

It is not unusual when monies are misappropriated that charges aren't filed. Sometimes organizations don't want that info getting out and they fire and find some sort of settlement with the folks that stole the money. I know of a NJ law firm believe it or not that their CFO was stealing for years and they didn't want the bad press out there especially because they do a lot of criminal white collar trials and they didn't want the bad press.

But in a University setting, to me it is more unusual because although the bad press hurts, people generally understand this stuff can happen. Nyre's need for more oversight is not unusual at all and seems reasonable but some obviously did not want to cede power for who knows why and the struggle ensued.

Awful job by SHU not to control this much earlier and not let it get to this point.
That’s funny, when I was in the business, it was always considered, that to best exemplify the tone at the top, it was to prosecute.

Reactions: shupat08

It is well founded that many found Dr. Nyre to be heavy handed and micro-managing. His lawsuit indicates a person who wants to win at all costs; it conflicts with his statements upon resigning, indicating something disingenuous about him.
You’re slandering him without presenting any evidence. I am honestly not aware that Dr. Nyre was heavy handed or micro-managed. Some facts please!!! By the way, if he was so terrible, why did they give him him a year’s severance.

That’s funny, when I was in the business, it was always considered, that to best exemplify the tone at the top, it was to prosecute.
I know of three cases in the last 5 years or so where there was no prosecution. Two at well known businesses (Law firm and marketing firm) and one at a church (bookkeeper). All did not want the info out there and took care of things internally. It's not unusual at all. When I was an auditor, we caught the CFO ripping off the company at a steamship line that is now out of business and they fired him and hired him back 2 months later as a consultant when they realized he know more about certain things than anyone else. Crazy.

Reactions: catholicman
You’re slandering him without presenting any evidence. I am honestly not aware that Dr. Nyre was heavy hande or micro-managed. Some facts please!!! By the way, if he was so terrible, why did they give. him him a year’s severance.
This is a message board. Opinions are welcome. Your angry, over-reaction to a message board post, jovially caricaturing Nyre's well known heavy handedness makes me wonder if you are the lawyer who wrote his napalm-esque lawsuit.

I know of three cases in the last 5 years or so where there was no prosecution. Two at well known businesses (Law firm and marketing firm) and one at a church (bookkeeper). All did not want the info out there and took care of things internally. It's not unusual at all. When I was an auditor, we caught the CFO ripping off the company at a steamship line that is now out of business and they fired him and hired him back 2 months later as a consultant when they realized he know more about certain things than anyone else. Crazy.
I don’t know as many as you do, thankfully. But I do know one CFO that served time in Club Fed in Danbury I also know a few that employees that were were not incarcerated but forced to make restitution. I was taught that the company was best off making an example of the employee, so as to prevent others from stealing. Thus, setting the tone at the top.

Reactions: Section112
This is a message board. Opinions are welcome. Your angry, over-reaction to a message board post, jovially caricaturing Nyre's well known heavy handedness makes me wonder if you are the lawyer who wrote his napalm-esque lawsuit.
No, I am not his napalm-esque lawyer. But you don’t support your opinions when asked to. Just provide some facts, please.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
No, I am not his napalm-esque lawyer. But you don’t support your opinions when asked to. Just provide some facts, please.
You're carrying out a deposition on a message board.

If you want an example of slander, just look at Nyre's lawsuit. Choc full of it.

• Wow
Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT