ADVERTISEMENT

$75,225 and counting

I asked if the person (a prominent poster here) would mind if I identified him. Instead he asked me to keep him anonymous with the hope that our readers would honor his thoughtful gift by donating what they can.

If this gentleman, who we all know well, can pledge $25K how can we not donate in our own lesser way?

C'mon guys, we have 92 donors who have given, some of us more than once. Yet we have thousands of readers. We've got to do better.

Please make the effort.

The whales are giving in their own way and for the most part are not going to help with this Challenge. That leaves it up to us to do what we can.

I just sent out an email to the Sigma Pi Brothers in my frat that I have info on and asked for their help to donate and to pass the word on.

The school is also going to include the Challenge in their next email blast.

Here's our current number

$14,713 of $25,000 goal

98 donors

We're slowing down a bit. Still a little over $10K to go and then we'll post additional information once we hit our target.

Early this week we had Rick Pitino donate. A short while ago Jim Boeheim gave us $75.00. That plus a good friend Tony Orlando (real name, not the singer) made another donation. Hopefully moving forward Dawn will contribute too. LOL

We are now slightly less that $8K from our goal.

$17,003 of $25,000 goal

That's $34K for the school and counting.

Well done Pirate Crew

Join the likes of Halle Berry, Richard Pitino and Jim Boeheim whose names appear as contributors to our Volunteer Tribute campaign 😉.

$17,000+ in support in just 11 days

spotfund

Reactions: HallX2 and Halldan1
Much appreciated.

Personably, I have directly contacted over 125 people. Including many frat brothers I have not seen in decades.

Hallrox has put the match on her facebook page and has also contacted many of her friends as well.

Our anonymous donor reached out to the school to ensure that the next time they have a media blast this match will be included.

But despite our readers here doing a fantastic job, we need so much more work to be done. A prime example of this is setonball46. Originally he had nothing to do with the match. That honor is exclusively Mike Walsh's. This was 100% his idea and he's the one who got our anonymous poster to chip in with the $25K match.

Yet once aware Cory took the ball and ran. Being responsible for thousands of dollars being collected. That's the effort we need. Corey didn't just donate he reached out to others asking for their help. Hopefully others here will take his lead and follow suit.

Right now despite our best efforts, Despite Mike McBride's best efforts. We are trailing schools who have financial pots in the $2k-$4K range.

If you want Sha to perform the same magic he has this year he needs financial weapons. In the future, as great a coach as he is, without those financial weapons he's bringing a knife to a gunfight.

Guys and Gals, please, please do what you can to help Sha make us all proud.

I venture to say less than 1% of our fanbase is aware of this match. Yet in 2 weeks we have garnered over $17K ($34k match). Imagine what we would do if just 5% more of our fanbase was aware of this.

Check out this post

New total - $19,808 (nearly $40K for Sha)

The originator of the site SnakeTom made the latest donation.

I also want to shout out to Bob Ferrara. A good friend.

And a tribute on this.....In honor of Arina Claxton and Toby Claxton/SONJ

We are now less than $5K from our goal, which will give the school $50K. That plus Mike Walsh will soon be breaking major news.

Keep it coming everyone. It's the only way we are going to stay relevant in the Big East.

Getting an additional $2K in a day in and a half to receive the promised $2.5K donation from our anonymous source is going to be difficult. So many here have already given. But those that have not, or others who were going to donate a second time down the road, pls help now. It would be amazing to reach $25K in 3 weeks and be able to give Sha $50K and counting to build next year's' roster.

There's a very good chance we are going to need 4-5 new starters and that takes money.

Sha had little last season and had to shop in the bargain basement while teams like Nova, St John's, Creighton and UConn had 4-5 X as much money to spend.

It's obviously not totally on us. But that doesn't mean we can't help.

We're getting smaller donations now, but it's those amounts when multiplied by the amount of readers here that could make the difference.

If all you can afford is $25-$50 dollars, don't be shy. It's you who can make the difference.

http://spot.fund/OnwardSetoniaVolunteerTribute

And know that few do as much for the school as Gary. He's in the school's business HOF and it been my pleasure and HallRox's to know him.

And understand Gary is so much more than athletics. If only we had more alums like him. Truly special.

You guys are amazing. The school is following this closely and you are all doing Seton Hall proud.

$21,225 to date

A little more than $1K and we'll get the extra $2.5K bump.

Niko Morisi,
Assistant Athletics Director, Development
Pirate Blue Athletic Fund

He's just ensured that the latest media blast that went out last night included our match here, with details.

Getting an additional $2K in a day in and a half to receive the promised $2.5K donation from our anonymous source is going to be difficult. So many here have already given. But those that have not, or others who were going to donate a second time down the road, pls help now. It would be amazing to reach $25K in 3 weeks and be able to give Sha $50K and counting to build next year's' roster.

There's a very good chance we are going to need 4-5 new starters and that takes money.

Sha had little last season and had to shop in the bargain basement while teams like Nova, St John's, Creighton and UConn had 4-5 X as much money to spend.

It's obviously not totally on us. But that doesn't mean we can't help.

We're getting smaller donations now, but it's those amounts when multiplied by the amount of readers here that could make the difference.

If all you can afford is $25-$50 dollars, don't be shy. It's you who can make the difference.

http://spot.fund/OnwardSetoniaVolunteerTribute
Very well stated, no pressure or moral obligation to donate. - Not exactly my thing ( NIL ) but for Dan there are exceptions, LOL. Done.

Go Pirates !!

Because of supporters like you guys we are now under $1K to get our $2.5K match from the anonymous donor.

$21,520 from 123 donor.

a0edad4f-b07c-401c-8b39-a7679159ac79.c87200a1f8f4c6998b3cd9dec3695957.jpeg

Thanks to our most recent donors we have now met our goal of $22, 500 triggering the $2.5K pledge

Once the anonymous donor sends in his money Mike Walsh will make an important announcement.

Thank you everyone. I'm now going to back off a little as I am sure you are all sick and tired of hearing me asking for money. Moving forward at times I will update the info.

360_F_47002791_qm6N11DpoZLRapHZmfKXE6oscWnLtrEa.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT