Gold Member
Oct 22, 2006
March 8th - Onward Setonia Volunteer Tribute Update
- $55,500 raised in 18 days from 153 supporters
- Anonymous supporter will add $10,000 when we hit $60,000 in contributions
- Just $4,500 needed to unlock the extra $10,000
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller

Donate now:

Thanks to everyone who has supported this campaign!

GO PIRATES!!!

*Contributors of $1068, or more, will get a Guardian Subscription and receive Guardian benefits.

Last edited:
We're pleased to announce the Onward Setonia Volunteer Tribute, a campaign that recognizes alumni volunteers. Dan Gioseffi (Hall Dan) is the focus of our inaugural campaign. Let's show our appreciation for the hundreds of hours that Dan, and other volunteers contribute to our beloved Seton Hall athletics program.

Contributions to the Volunteer Tribute will be matched dollar-for-dollar up to $25,000, thanks to an anonymous supporter who values the efforts of those who give of their time and experience.

The Onward Setonia Volunteer Tribute begins today and will run through Friday, April 12.

Please consider a contribution in recognition of our volunteers, any amount is greatly appreciated*.

Click the following link to contribute: http://spot.fund/OnwardSetoniaVolunteerTribute

*Contributors of $1068, or more, will get a Guardian Subscription and receive Guardian benefits.
What a fitting tribute and incentive to support Mr. Seton Hall!

Thank you everyone.

This from Mike and Mike. What a great idea and I hope all those that read this donate. Not because it is in my name but because it honors everyone on this board and allows us to help the school.

Just remember how we felt early in the year when the Hall was playing poorly and how we feel now with the Dance in sight.

That can continue to happen year after year (10 plus Big East wins for 5 consecutive seasons and counting) with our help.

Imagine what Sha can do if he had just a decent percentage of what schools like Nova, Creighton, UConn and SJU spend for their rosters.

If we had the money Tyrese Samuel would still be on this team and imagine what our record would have been with him starting at the 4.

I just donated and I hope all you guys and gals do as well.

We have a Trove thread as well. And many readers there are contributing small amounts if they financially can.

You don't have to be a mega donor to help Shaheen Holloway and Seton Hall.

While Mike McBride entertains mega donors we can help him (and Mike Walsh who found the matching donor) by contributing to the link above. And if you want to keep the amount to yourself then just donate anonymously. No amount is too small.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Hoping all readers of Pirate Crew & The Trove will join in on this to honor the great work that Dan does for Seton Hall and for us readers. The best thank you to Dan would be supporting Sha.

Sha who is working his butt off with this team and needs all he can get to face Free Agent season coming up in a few short weeks so he can field the best talent next season. Give what you can, even if its just $5-10. All support is appreciated.

Just made mine and will make the onward setonia request after each game for rest of season. Hope others can do the same over the next 5 games and the “gravy” thereafter. Sha is fighting a battle with a stick where others have swords. Open the wallets if you can and let’s do our part.

GO PIRATES!!

Nice to see social media pushing this

The Spot Fund platform is perfect for sharing. I would love to see this on the SHU Alumni Social Media pages with the message that we're recognizing all of our alumni volunteers. Thus far, I've gotten no love from the moderators of the SHU Alumni Facebook page. Perhaps someone on this Board can help.

Kudos to Dan and all of our volunteer supporters!

GO PIRATES!!!

I am now in the process of emailing as many SHU contacts as I know.

Hopefully others will do the same. Reaching $25K and then the match of $50K will help. But it would be so much better if we can far surpass that goal.

Jerry was working on this story for quite some time. He put a lot of work into it and got responses that many were looking for for quite a while.

Is it all inclusive? Of course not. Schools, and SHU is no exception, are very leery sharing NIL information and yet to a degree Jerry got a lot from McBride and Felt.

Also, very surprised that there is so little feedback about the one day cruise with Sha which BTW is being set up by Mike Frungillo.

That is a novel idea which almost came into being last summer, except for damage to the boat.

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
Jerry was working on this story for quite some time. He put a lot of work into it and got responses that many were looking for for quite a while.

Is it all inclusive? Of course not. Schools, and SHU is no exception, are very leery sharing NIL information and yet to a degree Jerry got a lot from McBride and Felt.

Also, very surprised that there is so little feedback about the one day cruise with Sha which BTW is being set up by Mike Frungillo.

That is a novel idea which almost came into being last summer, except for damage to the boat.
I'm glad that engagement is up and McBride and Felt have to show a positive front. Our overall NIL is miles ahead of where it was a year or 2 ago. I just wish they could blend the positivity with the truth that we are behind our peers so that the everyday fan would better understand the urgency.

BTW, was it Rick Pitino who just donated under the name Lateral Quickness? LOL

In fact if you want use a humorous name instead of anonymous if you so choose.
People could have a lot of fun with that! I would donate under those mentioned in Jerry’s article who took shots at us like Fraschilla and Ed Cooley.

Reactions: Halldan1
I'm glad that engagement is up and McBride and Felt have to show a positive front. Our overall NIL is miles ahead of where it was a year or 2 ago. I just wish they could blend the positivity with the truth that we are behind our peers so that the everyday fan would better understand the urgency.
Exactly! It’s great that we are finally catching up but we aren’t stupid and they should be honest, they did nothing for two years and we all know it.

They still need to appreciate and cultivate the small donors. This is something Mike Walsh does so well and Pirate Nation is incredibly blessed to have him!

This whole idea was Mike Walsh's. He got the donor to match the first $25K and said donor wants to remain anonymous. That to me is someone who is doing this for all the right reasons and wants no credit.

At this point I can only say this..... It's very, very important for us to get to $25K as quickly as possible.

Please help. This could be the difference in keeping a major player next season.

This whole idea was Mike Walsh's. He got the donor to match the first $25K and said donor wants to remain anonymous. That to me is someone who is doing this for all the right reasons and wants no credit.

At this point I can only say this..... It's very, very important for us to get to $25K as quickly as possible.

Please help. This could be the difference in keeping a major player next season.
Keep Coleman at all costs. Future All BE.

Less that $500 from the halfway mark.

I have no doubt we'll hit our matching mark. But it is so important we do it as soon as possible. When we do Mike will explain why.

This almost happened last year except for damage to the boat.

I have no doubt the boat will fill up almost imm. When announced those that want to attend should signup quickly.

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
Halfway home.

That was the easy part. Now come the difficult part. The last $12.5K.

Please, those that haven't donated. Give what you can. No amount is too small.

FWIW, more than half of those that have donated are people I emailed. I would ask that others do the same to make as many people as possible aware of this endeavor.

Jerry Carino wrote a great story of the importance of the NIL for SHU last week. It was read by more people than anything he offers short of the post games stories.

If only a small percentage of those readers donated we would probably already have hit our target.

To echo Dan's thoughts, no amount is too small and the lack of small-scale donation opportunities was one of the biggest complaints when the NIL era first began.

Nobody likes the way that the NIL system is shaking out, but Sha and the team deserve our support. Who would've thought we'd be obsessing over bracketology at this point in the season? Certainly not me!

I know money is tight for most people these days, but even $10 would get us closer to hitting the match.

Want to keep this near the top of the board.

We are now over $13K.

Even if you only give a small donation of let's say $25.00 that turns out to be $50.00. Imagine if just a couple hundred people gave that small amount.

I venture to say as tight as money is for some there's not a poster here who couldn't afford that small amount.

The big donors have given. 3 people have donated $5,000 total on their own. Now it's time for the rest of our readers to pitch in.

If the everyday fan doesn’t know that we’ve been behind in facilities and fundraising and by extension NIL they haven’t been paying attention. Every story seems to carry the heartwarming take of Sha working miracles and doing with far less than his peers.

In all due respect too often it’s a blame the institution and the folks working there for not getting our attention. Any reasonable person would know we are always in need.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT