ADVERTISEMENT

$75,225 and counting

Nice job for a bunch of fat guys on keyboards - lol! Well done Dan, Mike and Pirate Crew!!
Mike Walsh deserves almost all the credit. This was his idea alone. I knew nothing about it until Mike called me three days before he posted the Challenge. He just wanted to know if he could use my name.

Also, the $25K matching donor, who does not want his name mentioned, put up the money. He's a prominent poster on this board so all I can say to him is THANK YOU!

And of course big time thanks to all that donated. And that included some who surprisingly are 100% against NIL but gave anyway.

Donated again as well. After the effort given tonight I’m happy to try and help as much as I can even if it’s just a little bit
I doubt anyone but the players and their families want anything to do with this pay for play. But right now all the money we usually donate to Pirate Blue MUST go to NIL.

It killed me to not be at the game. You don't know what you're missing until it's taken away. And that's the reason we must continue to support the program. Don't fund the team and the feeling we have this morning or after the game will be gone, extinguishing a passion for all of us.

DON'T LET THAT HAPPEN.

We have the best coach we have had since PJ. And like PJ he has an incredibly difficult hill to climb with the new rules in college BB.

Give, no matter how big or small the donation is.

I was on one last night in section 9 and loved every minute of it.

Just going to the games and rooting on the Pirates gives me a lot of joy and heartache. Wouldn’t trade it for anything that’s why I am #hallin.

I see last night's result is spurring more donations.

We are now just a little bit short of opening up another $10K donation from a prominent board member here.

When that happens we have $70k in the bank.

I doubt anyone but the players and their families want anything to do with this pay for play. But right now all the money we usually donate to Pirate Blue MUST go to NIL.

It killed me to not be at the game. You don't know what you're missing until it's taken away. And that's the reason we must continue to support the program. Don't fund the team and the feeling we have this morning or after the game will be gone, extinguishing a passion for all of us.

DON'T LET THAT HAPPEN.

We have the best coach we have had since PJ. And like PJ he has an incredibly difficult hill to climb with the new rules in college BB.

Give, no matter how big or small the donation is.

You have to contribute to Pirate Blue if you have season tickets. How is that supposed to work?

Reactions: Hallball85
At this point not having inside info on that you are correct. I so wish that would change, but it's far above my pay grade.

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
Gary and his squeeze.

I guess money does cure all evils. ;)

sticker-transparent.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Piratz
So close to 60
Which will then hit our target and add an additional $10K. Now at $55,500. Just need less than $5K to reach $70K

I see my good friend Harty9, who is now out of his cast and wearing a boot for 3 weeks donated again. That's the spirit we need. Plus Harty is working on trying to get a donor to help out who has BUCKS.

Keep it coming guys.

I just donated again. Not much, but put a few more in after being inspired by the convincing win over Nova. Hat tip to Dan and Mike Walsh and everyone who has donated to this challenge - large and small.

Mike , have you considered some type of commitment by fans to commit to giving X amount of dollars around us reaching 20 Wins or if we make the NCAA Tournament? With regular season ending tomorrow, if we get to 20 Wins maybe? These are just random figures I'm throwing out.

20 donors to give $1K each 20000
20 donors to give $500 each 10000
20 donors to give $100 each 2000
20 donors to give $50 each = 1000
20 donors to give $20 each = 400

$4,475 more will unlock a $10,000 match from an anonymous poster on this site.​

Let's try to get that done ASAP to honor the players tonight and this season moving forward. Let's build on the new legacy in the NIL era that they and Sha are creating for our enjoyment.

We have had better teams with more talent. But this group, especially the starters, will always hold a special place in my heart for the exciting journey they have taken me through this year when no one expected the team to finish the regular season with 13 Big East wins.

Yesterday we had a very first poor day as donations dwindled to nearly nothing.

Please, as we are so close to unlocking the next $10K match do not forget about this critical function to help Shaheen Holloway restock next season's roster. It won't matter how good of a coach he is if he doesn't have the means necessary to compete against his peer coaches in the conference.

Only DePaul had less to spend last season on NIL and they just finished 0-20 in league play. Is that the projection you want in the years to come with our beloved Pirates?

Please everyone keep it coming.

GISBkRUWAAAIOHu

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
The situation is now embarrassing. So many people complaining that there is no opportunity for the small contributors. Hearing it from the start of NIL. Complaints about Seton Hall. And leadership. Now we have the easiest and most effective program available anywhere and where are all these experts? And the campaign is not asking for big numbers! The number of contributors is really small in relation to the numbers of posters, watchers and readers, game attendance and tv watchers. It makes me very disappointed and concerned about the future of the Program. And we just locked an NCAA bid. Gee Wizz! Will we become DePaul??

The situation is now embarrassing. So many people complaining that there is no opportunity for the small contributors. Hearing it from the start of NIL. Complaints about Seton Hall. And leadership. Now we have the easiest and most effective program available anywhere and where are all these experts? And the campaign is not asking for big numbers! The number of contributors is really small in relation to the numbers of posters, watchers and readers, game attendance and tv watchers. It makes me very disappointed and concerned about the future of the Program. And we just locked an NCAA bid. Gee Wizz! Will we become DePaul??
This!

Out on a limb here but I suspect our sourest members give the least.

Gary, with all due respect, I’m not a fan of this tactic. We knocked the original challenge out of the park in a mere 18 days. Don’t make people feel small. You have a better chance of turning them away rather than getting them to contribute

Pro tip: spread the message outside of PirateCrew like @setonball46 is doing. How many people outside of this message board even know about the challenge? His positivity has gotten me to contribute more than I originally would have. Don’t knock down all the people who gave their money on this board. Not fair.

Not knocking any one who gave ! Where do I say that? The number if people giving is small. Thanks to the relatively small group that gave some many times!!!! . This fund raiser is getting promoted by the school so it out there to a large group. It’s not my fault or yours that people want others to do the work while expecting Sha to perform miracles. One night of parking is all we’re looking for!! If someone can’t kick for that then I don’t know what say.

Not knocking any one who gave ! Where do I say that? The number if people giving is small. Thanks to the relatively small group that gave some many times . This fund raiser is getting promoted by the school so it out there to a large group. It’s not my fault or yours that people want others to do the work while expecting Sha to perform miracles.
Fair. Collectively we have to change minds. I know people who won’t give a cent and the only way to make them think twice is to educate. Is it right that we the fans have to pay these guys? Absolutely not. But for all of us who get it, there are people that are so dead set against it.

Those are the ones who need the positive spin. I really think @setonball46 is doing an amazing job with his message. I bet I’m not the only one he got to give again. And I already know he got me again with his message tonight, lol. Back into my wallet I go…

Call it an investment in a company you own a very small piece of . Call it a thank you to Sha or Hall Dan. Call it however or whatever you want but if you can’t find $25.00 bucks to invest you really shouldn’t be going to these games at these prices!

Working the phones as we speak! Keep up the good fight. Glad you pushed me to throw in another few bucks.
Actually it’s your friends who need to get off the snide. I’m good with anyone who’s already in on this deal. C’mon, it’s two for one!!! Fantastic return if you were looking at stocks!!

Let’s go Pirates. Beat St. John’s a third time!

The thing is if they did a NIL donation thing centered around Frank the Tank, it would barely receive donations from Seton Hall fans. Barstool has a huge following, and the Barstool fans would come up with a ton of small donations to reach the target, and it might even go way over the target if a few of their bigger personalities sent in larger donations.

It's not an either/or situation. Both can exist and thrive.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT