ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else see this?

The key question in finding Gabe's replacement that has to be answered first is whether our new Archbishop
wants a member of the clergy in that position or whether he would agree to another lay person in that position.
From what I understand no. I think he will let the BORs take a strong hand in the search and will go with the best person for the job clergy or not. He has way more than a full plate of stuff going on in the Archdiocese and is currently "drinking from a firehose" (his words) to fully understand all that he has to lead now. He is close to Bishop Hebda too who lived on campus who is also a terrific guy so my guess would be he may get some counsel from him too.

Last edited:
From what I understand no. I think he will take a strong hand in the search and will go with the best person for the job clergy or not. He has way more than a full plate of stuff going on in the Archdiocese and is currently "drinking from a firehose" (his words) to fully understand all that he has to lead now. He is close to Bishop Hebda too who lived on campus who is also a terrific guy so my guess would be he may get some counsel from him too.
Hopefully he gets the best person for the job who will continue to build on what Dr. Esteban started. We really lucked out in getting Gabe because the Board of Regents totally botched the last search for a President.

Hopefully he gets the best person for the job who will continue to build on what Dr. Esteban started. We really lucked out in getting Gabe because the Board of Regents totally botched the last search for a President.

The BOR didn't botch the search as they were operating under a requirement that the candidate to succeed Sheeran was to be a priest and both finalists were , upon closer examination , found wanting at which point they went to a lay person which was not what the Archbishop wanted and they prevailed in their naming Gabe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT