University_of_Kansas_Jayhawk_logo.png

Kansas
Big 12
Record: 12-3

SetonHallPrimaryLogo.png

Seton Hall
Big East
Record: 14-2

AWESOME!!!! Who above us can lose this week? Win 2 and 5 above us lose.....This is FUN!

Every Mon is Selection Sunday now.

This would put us in the 3-4 seed range. Why not a 2 seed. This is going to be a fun ride.

Reactions: Turiddu
Well deserved. Congratulations to the Seton Hall team and staff.

Go PIRATES!

Reactions: Turiddu
I know Rpi is not a great gauge until feb. But. Big east has 8 teams in top 60. Acc has 8 teams in top 60. I think that big east may get 5 solid with two bubble teams. Outside chance for 7 to go to dance. Providence and Marquette will have plenty of opportunity for resume wins. Solid league that I believe is currently ranked second in conference ratings.

The NEW Big East has ascended. Three teams in the top 13 with increasing exposure, marketing, sell outs and great basketball.

Go PIRATES!
Xavier has an insane 2 weeks. @ Nova. Home vs Creighton, Home vs Johnnies, @ Seton Hall. If they go 1-3 they could be out of the top 25.

A little fact- Dick Vitale had 5 extreme picks (which means his pick was 5 or more spots from a team's actual ranking), in 4 of the cases he ranked teams higher than their actual ranking. The one time he ranked a team lower than their actual ranking was Seton Hall ( he ranked Seton Hall #19, when our actual ranking was #13).

He states that we do not claim him? maybe he better take a look in the mirror, it seems like he does not want to claim us.

Excellent job. Much deserved. Keep it going. Two wins this week and our Pirates will probably be top 10. Not easy but very possible.

I had us 14th and I thought that was generous. Very surprised (happily) to see #13. Keep it rolling and anything is possible.

Let's keep winning!

Not sure why Nova is back above WV, who has won 14 in a row while Nova just dropped a game. I'm not saying WV is a better team but I think they deserve the top spot.

Let's keep winning!

Not sure why Nova is back above WV, who has won 14 in a row while Nova just dropped a game. I'm not saying WV is a better team but I think they deserve the top spot.
Granted it was the first game of the year, but WVU lost big to Texas am who didn't have 3 or 4 players. Think everyone just looked at complete resume...

West Virginia was also ranked 6th last week, so although you can make a case for them, tough to jump from 6 to 1 (imo) in 1 week, even though the Oklahoma win was an impressive one.

Let's keep winning!

Cause many voters think Huggins is a big jerk. Doesn’t seem fair but he is who they think he is.

Congratulations.

I'm happy to see hard work rewarded. And it's great to know they're living up to their potential.

Go Pirates!

AWESOME!!!! Who above us can lose this week? Win 2 and 5 above us lose.....This is FUN!

Every Mon is Selection Sunday now.

If we win out this week, we're likely to jump either Texas Tech or Oklahoma (they play each other), but no one else. No one else has a tough matchup this week, IMO.

Let's keep winning!

Because Nova was the highest ranked team without a loss. WV was 6th, Nova 3rd. What reason would you have for jumping Nova?

If we win out this week, we're likely to jump either Texas Tech or Oklahoma (they play each other), but no one else. No one else has a tough matchup this week, IMO.
ohio st., prov, NC St. and Colorado were some of the teams that brought down top 10 teams last week. You never know.

Texas Tech is @ OU and home vs WV
OU hosts Tech and TCU
Purdue is @ Michigan and Minnesota.
X @ Nova and vs Creighton

The link below shows the upcoming week's schedule for each top 25 team.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings/_/year/2018/poll/1

Because Nova was the highest ranked team without a loss. WV was 6th, Nova 3rd. What reason would you have for jumping Nova?
Pollsters should be rankings teams on their overall performance to date. That involves some perception changes from week to week. ie we jumped Cincy and Zags who won both of their games but they didn't get the Texas Tech boost in perception that we got.

In WV's case the perception of their UVA win has improved even from last poll. WV has two top 10 wins.. Nova has 0. 4 top 50bpi wins and 3 for Nova. WV has a slightly stronger resume right now.

One I don't get is Cincy- does not look like they have beaten much of anyone and play in one of the worst conferences in country. Get it is hard to rank teams but the resume they have does not really impress me as a solid overall body of work.

Pollsters should be rankings teams on their overall performance to date. That involves some perception changes from week to week. ie we jumped Cincy and Zags who won both of their games but they didn't get the Texas Tech boost in perception that we got.

In WV's case the perception of their UVA win has improved even from last poll. WV has two top 10 wins.. Nova has 0. 4 top 50bpi wins and 3 for Nova. WV has a slightly stronger resume right now.

Twelve AP voters agreed with you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT