ADVERTISEMENT

AP top 25 ballot. You can’t make it up.

Interesting that at 21-5 on the season, 13 straight wins, a regular season title already in the books, and now a top 25 ranking in the AP poll, So Florida isn’t really close to moving onto the right side of the bubble. Their NET/Kenpom rankings are in the 80s/90s. Looks like those early season losses to Maine and Central Michigan essentially ended their hopes for a bid back in November.

South Florida in this week's AP top 25 is one of the most laughable things I've seen when it comes to the rankings. Shame on our own Jerry Carino for giving them a vote.

I wonder if it was the loss to Maine, Central Michigan, Hofstra, or UAB that made voters say, "this is a top 25 team!" This is not even a tournament team unless they win their conference tournament. Watch them lose to Charlotte this weekend now, fresh off the ranking.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Interesting that at 21-5 on the season, 13 straight wins, a regular season title already in the books, and now a top 25 ranking in the AP poll, So Florida isn’t really close to moving onto the right side of the bubble. Their NET/Kenpom rankings are in the 80s/90s. Looks like those early season losses to Maine and Central Michigan essentially ended their hopes for a bid back in November.
That's a rough team sheet. No Quad 1 games -- never mind wins and two Q4 losses.

They do have a pair of top 50 NET wins in FAU (37) and SMU (43) and their best OOC wins are over Loyola Chicago (92) and a neutral site win over Florida State (93).

To their credit they've won 13 straight and 19 of 20 since they figured it out. But they dug their grave in November.

South Florida in this week's AP top 25 is one of the most laughable things I've seen when it comes to the rankings. Shame on our own Jerry Carino for giving them a vote.

I wonder if it was the loss to Maine, Central Michigan, Hofstra, or UAB that made voters say, "this is a top 25 team!" This is not even a tournament team unless they win their conference tournament. Watch them lose to Charlotte this weekend now, fresh off the ranking.
South Florida is no joke. (and Jerry Carino does not throw away top 25 votes). I watch a lot of AAC Conference games as my friends son plays for Florida Atlantic. They may not be #25, but they are a tough out, as are the top 4-5 teams in that conference.

According to community notes on twitter only one team was top 25 at the end of the season and did not make tourney. SMU 2015.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT