10. Georgetown 4-2
Pitiful schedule to date

11. DePaul 1-5
Who else?

Reactions: NYC Pirate
CBS Top 20
Nov 23

2 UConn
The Huskies beat Indiana and Texas by double-digits in the Empire Classic, even while playing without projected freshman star Stephon Castle, who is out due to a knee injury. UConn appears to have picked up right where it left off in Houston in April, when it cut down the nets as the national champs.
3 Marquette
Marquette cut Purdue's lead to one with 53 seconds left but couldn't get over the hump in the Maui Invitational title game. Still, it was a great trip for the Golden Eagles, who added wins over UCLA and Kansas to an early resume that already featured a win at Illinois.
12 Creighton
Creighton is in the championship game of the Hall of Fame Classic on Thursday after beating Loyola Chicago 88-65 in Wednesday's semifinals. The Bluejays also have a 92-84 win over Iowa on their resume and are looking elite offensively yet again.

Hard to argue with Danny. We have underperformed and Butler is better than I expected.

Great analysis for what we've seen so far out of the league. Moving up to big boy competition has tempered the 4-0 start euphoria. Flawed roster doesn't help the cause. Being exposed has tempered my enthusiasm.

Butler was a bit of a mystery team going into this season. Projections for all the other teams were pretty consistent but butler would range from 10th (terrible) to 7th (competitive).

It’s only 3 spots or so but the delta between 10th and 7th is huge in terms of product. The delta between 1st and 3rd or 4th and 7th is smaller.

Last edited:
1. Marquette
2. Connecticut
3. Villanova
4. Creighton
5. Providence
6. Xavier
7. St. John's
8. Butler
9. Seton Hall
10. Georgetown
11. DePaul