ADVERTISEMENT

Asking for your prayers

Forget whether we agree or not...we all agree in wishing you all the best with prayers and get well wishes.

Reactions: Hallsome
Returned from doctor short time ago. The one long stitch is removed. Calcium d3 supplements can be stopped. We read through the pathology of the gland. It is in my favor. Next big dates may 12 blood draw, may 19 endocrinologist. Blood draw determines at endo if radioactive iodine is next stage on this journey. Surgeon said I have recovered exceptionally well in a week and was a bit stunned when I told her the last tylenol taken by me was the IV line and I never filled my pain med script. I am able to resume normal travel to work activies. Still wants me to proceed with caution on significant physical exertion and lifting weight/cervical spine manipulation for a few more weeks.

I wrote thank you cards to her medical assistant and the practice surgical coordinator.
I am amazed I was able to keep myself composed when I presented the doctor with a two page letter. At first she was a bit shocked and asked if it was money. She then offered me a hug and said I have been a great patient and I thanked her again.

Reactions: SHUSA and shu09
Returned from doctor short time ago. The one long stitch is removed. Calcium d3 supplements can be stopped. We read through the pathology of the gland. It is in my favor. Next big dates may 12 blood draw, may 19 endocrinologist. Blood draw determines at endo if radioactive iodine is next stage on this journey. Surgeon said I have recovered exceptionally well in a week and was a bit stunned when I told her the last tylenol taken by me was the IV line and I never filled my pain med script. I am able to resume normal travel to work activies. Still wants me to proceed with caution on significant physical exertion and lifting weight/cervical spine manipulation for a few more weeks.

I wrote thank you cards to her medical assistant and the practice surgical coordinator.
I am amazed I was able to keep myself composed when I presented the doctor with a two page letter. At first she was a bit shocked and asked if it was money. She then offered me a hug and said I have been a great patient and I thanked her again.
id take that news over a lot other news for sure. keep us updated and thanks for sharing the inside of this journey. now go have a smoothy

another pro tip: be very dramatic at the doctors. if something doesmt bother you too much but you want it treated, pretend its killing you. that dibilitating shoulder pain that comes and goes, pretend its active.

That's bad advice, even by your standards. The last thing you want to do is be THAT patient; I'm sure more little stuff is missed on people who act like that -- because the practitioners think you're nuts or full of shit -- than people who act like normal adults.

NYShoreGuy,

Sounds great, need you back here so we can all continue to make fun of you!!!

I jest, I jest, not everyone makes fun of you.

That's bad advice, even by your standards. The last thing you want to do is be THAT patient; I'm sure more little stuff is missed on people who act like that -- because the practitioners think you're nuts or full of shit -- than people who act like normal adults.
its worked for me. most practitioners think youre exagerrating anyway. ive been turned away when any visible signs of hernia werent there. i insisted there was after saying pain was sharper than it was and was able to get an mri (should have been ultrasound) and what do you know, had 2. another occasion for long term shoulder damage flare up was gone by the time i went to the doctor. he dismissed. oh you can move your arm your fine. next time no it hurts doctor, ok lets get it screened, oh what to you know its calcified.

im not saying act like the dude from scrubs, but sometimes you gotta will your way to get what you need done. dont gotta rush into the ER putting on a show. the doctor is no place to act like a tough guy. i believe that we know our bodies better than anyone. we certainly know our history. or at least i do. i dont do this for everything but ive identified 3 major issues where doctors couldnt be bothered to even investigate.

NYShoreGuy,

Sounds great, need you back here so we can all continue to make fun of you!!!

I jest, I jest, not everyone makes fun of you.
You know those thank you letters he wrote were taken off the Twitter. Only busting shoreguy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT