ADVERTISEMENT

BE NIL

Piratz

All Universe
Gold Member
Mar 25, 2004

I’m guessing Providence, St. John’s, and Villanova were the 3 who did not.

Man what a bad look for a league that is basketball only.

I’m guessing Providence, St. John’s, and Villanova were the 3 who did not.

Man what a bad look for a league that is basketball only.
Who knows what truth lies in this, but I would guess 2 of your teams plus Xavier (not SJU) based on the rosters. Now this year I'd also bet both Gtown and SJU could approach the ballpark of Uconn, Nova, Prov and those 3 Midwest schools, but that's all speculation.

Reactions: Piratz
Amazing the money out there for this. And this NIL money isn’t even the money of the NCAA cbb or conference business.

If there are 6 schools in the Big East that were stupid enough to pay 2 + Million to a bunch of supposed student athletes, just imagine what Kentucky, Kansas, Arizona, NC and a few other bastions of higher education, are pissing away. The inmates are officially running the asylum. It's time to put a stop to the insanity.

If there are 6 schools in the Big East that were stupid enough to pay 2 + Million to a bunch of supposed student athletes, just imagine what Kentucky, Kansas, Arizona, NC and a few other bastions of higher education, are pissing away. The inmates are officially running the asylum. It's time to put a stop to the insanity.
And you propose to do that how exactly?

While no one really knows, many reported Nova had $3M. And i recently heard that Gtown has $5.3M for next year. I really do wonder where it ends. Of course, you could probably never police it, but there really should be a cap (just like in pro sports). Of course, the big schools would cheat like they always did.

I think you are going to get to a point where the donors are:
*annually donating to NIL.
*The team keeps losing and the donors what to remove the coach. The donors then will need to pay for the buyout.
*And the cycle continues

Last edited:
Let's start with the NCAA showing some balls & stick with actually limiting number of times one can transfer. If these players are being paid, then have them sign a multi-year contract with a fat buy out and make it performance based.
This will never happen & will get a boat load of nil backers going completely nuts. I have donated too much money over the years and have reached the breaking point. Now, if you want to contribute to the Capt Bob retirement fund, I might reconsider.

• Haha
Reactions: silkcitypirate
While no one really knows, many reported Nova had $3M. And i recently heard that Gtown has $5.3M for next year. I really do wonder where it ends. Of course, you could probably never police it, but there really should be a cap (just like in pro sports). Of course, they the big schools would cheat like they always did.
Nova had $3M and Butler had $1M. Very confident those numbers.
*The team keeps losing and the donors what to remove the coach. The donors then will need to pay for the buyout.
*And the cycle continues
And this is the rub. Villanova already questioning if Neptune is the guy. Donors holding back money for next season.

Reactions: Pirate Russ
While no one really knows, many reported Nova had $3M. And i recently heard that Gtown has $5.3M for next year. I really do wonder where it ends. Of course, you could probably never police it, but there really should be a cap (just like in pro sports). Of course, the big schools would cheat like they always did.

*And the cycle continues
Is that cycle really much different from how it has always been?

Is that cycle really much different from how it has always been?
If you follow that guy Trilly Donovan on Twitter -- I don't, but friends do and his stuff gets posted here -- it is apparent he is more wired into this stuff than most. And he often posts that there is disinformation all over the place when it comes to NIL, both for programs and players.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT