ADVERTISEMENT

Best of luck to Madison Jones!

shufan1993

All American
Gold Member
Apr 24, 2017
Not sure if someone already posted this but I saw a Carino tweet that said Jones signed with a representation firm with the intent to sign with a pro team in Europe. Madison was a class act during his time in pirate blue. From what I watched on interviews he was an articulate young man too. Good luck Madison!

Funny how right and wrong I can be on the same subject.

The good

After seeing Madison in practice for the first time I posted that he was way better than I expected and he would be an excellent addition.

Jerry Carino was at that same practice and noted a similar opinion in an article he later wrote.

The bad

I was hyping Jevon Thomas from my sources which included our own players who said he was kicking ass in practice (not the one I saw when he was matched up against Jones) and that he was going to be very good. I could not have been more wrong.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
Madison Jones ended up being an excellent 1 year pick up for us. Would have been nice if he provided some additional scoring, but I'm not sure if we end up being a NCAA team without his stability at the 1 position.

Stability

the perfect term for Madison.

Reactions: halltheway
Played better than expected, shot his free throws well, A:T was steady, hit a three every game, it seemed like. Shame he didn't have the ball in his hands for the last 2 minutes of the Ark. game.

He didn't score a lot but had some big shots...never showed any emotions..never too up or never too down, his confidence and calming affect was what we needed.
Thanks Madison and all the best from your Pirate family.

Madison Jones ended up being an excellent 1 year pick up for us. Would have been nice if he provided some additional scoring, but I'm not sure if we end up being a NCAA team without his stability at the 1 position.

I think MJ would have given us more scoring, and more of everything (and less TO's) if he hadn't sat out for over a year from organized ball.

Madison played better than I expected. He shot the ball way better than his previous years from the FT and 3 pt line. Glad we had him.

I felt that Derrick Gordon was the reason we won the BET and made the tournament as the missing piece of the puzzle. IW, Desi, KC and Ish moved the mountain, but Derrick kept the wheels from coming off. Madison was the key to the wheels not falling off last year. Not as much as Derrick, but still was our rock. I wish him the best of luck in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT