ADVERTISEMENT

Bishops denying communion to catholic pols

ill say it about all of them. idk. never really bought in as a child because i guess common sense prevailed. story from a book.
I hear ya. I had my doubts when I was young. Then figured out a different way to look at things and so I enjoy my faith and the Catholic Church generally

Reactions: SHUSA
You're hiding behind the "institutional structure" to deny abuse of kids took place in various dioceases across the US and around world. This was not limited to NY or NJ, it was EVERYWHERE. It was the whole power structure that failed those kids and enabled pedophiles to operate with impunity, truly sickening.
Agree generally

but you can’t generalize the church as bad

Many “organizations” have permitted this bullshit

heard one guy (very successful straight laced and publicly balanced person) recently say “some kids wanted it”...almost fell off my chair and definitely spit out my wine with a gasp

You either believe in a religion’s teaching and beliefs or you don’t.I am a life long catholic ,but I have to admit if I believed the 70 virgins story I might take a second look at Islam LOL

Reactions: Hallsome
You either believe in a religion’s teaching and beliefs or you don’t.I am a life long catholic ,but I have to admit if I believed the 70 virgins story I might take a second look at Islam LOL
I still don’t have hair on my hands

Why? The unity of the Church is in its unity of doctrine. It's the very meaning of one, holy, Catholic and apostolic.
You did not challenge my words, but instead you chose to challenge me, because I could not possibly measure up to your superiority on this topic. The pride of your heart has deceived you.

You did not challenge my words, but instead you chose to challenge me, because I could not possibly measure up to your superiority on this topic. The pride of your heart has deceived you.

All I said was that the very definition of one, holy, Catholic and apostolic is a unity of doctrine. If one truly believes in the former, he must necessarily adhere to the latter. That's all. There was nothing at all personal in anything I wrote.

All I said was that the very definition of one, holy, Catholic and apostolic is a unity of doctrine. If one truly believes in the former, he must necessarily adhere to the latter. That's all. There was nothing at all personal in anything I wrote.
If your pride will not allow you to admit you judged me, so be it, for I am a sinner not worthy of you. But the Father who sees in secret knows what was in your heart.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
If your pride will not allow you to admit you judged me, so be it, for I am a sinner not worthy of you. But the Father who sees in secret knows what was in your heart.

I stated a tenet of the faith. I did not state whether or not you adhered to it as I don't even know who you are, never mind what's in your heart.

The Catholic Church is a volatile topic and it has been for two thousand years. It brings a lot of emotions out, even for those who aren't Catholic. I've taken a conscious decision in my life to merely present the doctrines of the Church in as objective a manner as possible. That's my way of dealing with the calumnies surrounding my Church today, for better or for worse. How people react emotionally to those objectively stated doctrines is outside my scope.

This is my final comment to you. I sincerely hope you find peace for whatever is causing you to react with such strong emotions against a simple statement of an official tenet of the Catholic faith.

how do you know they arent right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT