ADVERTISEMENT

Brutal Numbers, Wow

My guess is both Posh and Sha thought a backcourt combination of Posh and Kadary would be fine because they could share ball-handling duties and you would pair them with a third-guard and a 4 who can make shots (Dawes and Dre), negating Posh's biggest weakness, which is that he's never shot the ball well outside of 15 feet. I get the logic because it would allow Sha to use Richmond creatively in a variety of places when he was off-the-ball, and he'd still be on-the-ball plenty. Plus Posh doesn't seem the type who "hunts shots" -- if anything I think he shoots outside the paint more by necessity. It would relieve some of the pressure of having KR handling the ball the entire game, and those two would be a menace defensively against other backcourts IMO. And it would provided much needed protection in the event of a Richmond injury.

Of course it was all moot because KR was apparently against the idea and threatened to leave if it occurred, and then Wusu apparently didn't want to play with Posh either. So became a no-brainer for Sha to simply take the KR/Wusu combination.

Posh may be a four year starter, but will likely never play in a March Madness game.

Totally agree. He wasn’t going to start at SHU and he can’t shoot. But it’s really quite remarkable, SHU had two chances to land Posh and we passed both times.

I don't believe five-year plans exist anymore in modern college basketball. NIL, transfers, and g league mean continuity isn't going to be a thing.

Right now Marquette is the exception. We’ll see how long it lasts. Big NIL funds and meeting expectations make it easier. We’ll see what happens when/if they have a down year.

havent posted in a long time. but cant help it on this topic.

dawes is a trainwreck on both ends and makes everyone worse on both ends. also seems uncoachable. id replace him with sanders when hes able to do so.
100%. Dawes can catch and shoot - end of story. I cringe every time he puts the ball on the floor. He’d easily lead the team in turnovers if the ridiculous shots he tosses up on the way to rim (with no chance of going i) counted as such. Might be a great kid, but he just doesn’t give us anything other than an infrequent 3. Bring him off the bench.

Reactions: shupat08
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT