ADVERTISEMENT

Butler

Love him. Best frontcourt player in the Big East, and he's only 6-3 or 6-4. What does that tell you about the conference?

He's fun to watch but not better than Josh Smith or Pinkston or Ochefu or Stainbrook. Those are some good front court players.

What are some of you posters doing on the Seton Hall message board if you do not like the BE Conference It is the same handful of posters that have ruined this board. JImsouls,

This post was edited on 3/21 11:14 PM by Flnj86

Originally posted by Flnj86:
What are some of you posters doing on the Seton Hall message board if you do not like the BE Conference It is the same handful of posters that have ruined this board. JImsouls,

This post was edited on 3/21 11:14 PM by Flnj86
I'm a Seton Hall fan. Just being honest about how I see the new Big East. In the long run they won't be able to compete with the football conferences because those conferences have more money. It will be closer to the A10 than the five power conferences. The month of March is not lying. In its first two years, the new Big East has low TV ratings, radically decreased conference tournament attendance, and little success in the NCAA Tournament. What is the headline the Big East has made this week? That one of its teams, Villanova, was the first number-one seed to fall. Two tourney wins in two years the conference's best team.

Flnj86, you were quick to declare the Big East as the best conference when the Big 12 lost its first three games. How do you feel about that now?

No anti Big East agenda here...but facts is facts here that our league is stinking up the tournament. And I disagree that this message board has been 'ruined'. I guess some folks just can't stand it when someone posts an opinion that differs from theirs. It's simple...if you don't like the posts here then post a reply or just stop visiting the board. And if there's a particular poster or two who disgust you tthen just put them on ignore. I've done it to a couple of folks and it's a great solution.

Butler should of won the game in regulation. When Auguste double dribbled, did the ref's check how much time was left in the game when they called the double dribble (seems like there should of been more than 2 secs). Butler had the ball with 20 secs going for the last shot for the win. Jones missed a baseline shot, then Dunham should of noticed the ND player flying thru the air, double pumped and then shot leaning forward- would of been fouled and had two foul shots.

Well, I'm furious about the outcome, but Notre Dame is very good. I had them in my final four, even knowing they typically flame out early. Butler played them very tough.

Villanova was a killer, and I don't want to make excuses for them, but NCSU scared me. They are very up and down, but have looked terrific at times this year. They beat Duke (of course, we beat Nova), and had a number of other really good wins. They also had a couple head-scratching losses, but if they can put it all together, they can go to the final four. Very intriguing team.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

why any of you engage flnj86 is beyond me. he says the same nonsense every day, and he's not stable. The Big East was supposed to do much better in the tourney this time. After the strong non-conference showing and the favorable seeding & match-ups we got (outside of Nova), we should be sending 3 teams at least to the sweet 16. Providence is a much better team than Dayton, but laid a complete egg. Gtown got outplayed as usual (and almost handed Eastern Wash the game on Thurs for that matter). Butler has nothing to be ashamed of at least. Sad that we only have X to root for next weekend, and frankly who knows if we'd even have that if Baylor didn't shit the bed Thursday against Georgia State.

Is X the best team in the conference next season?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT