ADVERTISEMENT

Who you rooting for: UConn @ Creighton - Butler @ Nova

I'm rooting for Uconn for reasons stated. But I'm rooting for Nova to knock Butler off their assumed pedestal and have them coming in Saturday with less bravado.
It is a tough call in the Butler at Nova game. Once again, we can't lose either way. I guess we should root for Villanova. It would probably push us past Butler on the Bubble Line. It would take them down a notch as far as confidence for our game. Butler gets this game, and they are in great shape with a remaining schedule (@Seton Hall, SJU, @ DePaul, Xavier). This is a Must Win for Nova with a remaining schedule of (@UConn, Georgetown, @Providence, @ Seton Hall, Creighton).

UConn over Creighton. Would keep alive the SHU chance for third. I think Creighton is going to win tonight.

Reactions: LBP43
Thinking UConn let our win stand strong. Sole possession of Third place.

Thinking Butler. Knock Villanova into Danger zone. Get Butler net higher and take them down on Saturday.
UCONN no question.

Nova no question. If Butler loses to nova and us this week they will be at 12 losses. Well finish this week significantly ahead of butler in the big east standings with 2 head to head wins. Butler will fall to the first four out / last 4 in spots and we’ll slide into the in side of the bubble. Nova still has to play us, Creighton and UCONN and currently sits at 11 loses

UConn looks rather ordinary when Spencer and Karaban aren't factors. So far, they are not. Karaban hit two shots very early and has done nothing since.

Reactions: Seton75
I was thinking earlier today that UConn was 1 loss away from truly being that nations best team. Of course I as hoping that loss would come against us. But you learn more from a loss and it gets the players back to putting in maximum effort in practice.

Last edited:
Not a good result for Seton Hall, as Creighton now takes third place alone. Also means UConn won't be #1 when we play them in 12 days.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
UConn doing everything it can to get back in this. Even if it falls short, really impressive.

Ashworth hasn't given Spencer any breathing room all night. One of the better individual defensive performances I've seen.

Ashworth has steadily improved as the season went on. I don’t think CU is missing Nembhard very much.

UConn looks rather ordinary when Spencer and Karaban aren't factors. So far, they are not. Karaban hit two shots very early and has done nothing since.
Exactly. Kadary and dre took advantage of both of them and made them non factors. Guess i overestimated clingan. Thought he would be more dominant. I hope we never face that first half CU team.

Reactions: radecicco
ok well guess well just have to beat creighton then. maybe for once in our lifetime theyll have a cold night.

ok well guess well just have to beat creighton then. maybe for once in our lifetime theyll have a cold night.
I’d say the chance we get them on a cold shooting night is near zero.

We have to get back to taking out the other team’s best player (or serviceable reserve). Haven’t had a run like that since we took down UConn/Providence/Marquette.

Though we might need Ashworth to collide with Scheierman and take out Kalkbrenner in the fall.

I’d say the chance we get them on a cold shooting night is near zero.

We have to get back to taking out the other team’s best player (or serviceable reserve). Haven’t had a run like that since we took down UConn/Providence/Marquette.

Though we might need Ashworth to collide with Scheierman and take out Kalkbrenner in the fall.
its the ash worth kid i'm worried about.

its the ash worth kid i'm worried about.

Same. Ashworth is a no nonsense, high IQ player who constantly hustles, and shoots well. We don't usually match up well with those kind of players.

He won the game for them in Newark with a couple threes when they were down big and the driving layup where he got clobbered and there was no call.

Same. Ashworth is a no nonsense, high IQ player who constantly hustles, and shoots well. We don't usually match up well with those kind of players.

He won the game for them in Newark with a couple threes when they were down big and the driving layup where he got clobbered and there was no call.
Yup. His shooting dropped off in the second half but he ran down important backbreaking rebounds,

Anyone think the Boneyard is whining that they dont want to ever be the unanimous #1 again. I dont. I bet they just wish they played better.

They should still be #1

I agree, but they won't be because polls are stupid. If Purdue lost to Ohio State on Monday, then UConn probably would hold on to the #1 spot. So dumb.

I agree, but they won't be because polls are stupid. If Purdue lost to Ohio State on Monday, then UConn probably would hold on to the #1 spot. So dumb.
Since UConn lost to us- there only loss is to Creighton on the road.

Since UConn lost to us- both Purdue and Houston have lost 2 games both to unranked teams.

UConn should remain #1, but I’m not surprised if they shake it up out of a lack of respect for the BE

Reactions: shu09
Creighton did a good job defensively.

But the shooting, whew. 14/28 from 3 is a great way to pull the upset, especially when the other is 3/16.

Reactions: shu09
Since UConn lost to us- there only loss is to Creighton on the road.

Since UConn lost to us- both Purdue and Houston have lost 2 games both to unranked teams.

UConn should remain #1, but I’m not surprised if they shake it up out of a lack of respect for the BE

I agree, UConn is far and away the #1 team in my book, even after last night. But I'm quite certain the AP voters will drop them next week. Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT