ADVERTISEMENT

Carino's Interview With Sha

It was a refreshingly honest interview from Shaheen. No coach speak. Good to hear Samuel is working hard and Shaheen trying to make him into a monster on the court. Also, he certainly is not pleased with some of the guard's effort thus far.

Sha is a great interview....as others have said, refreshing, direct, genuine.

If I recall, years ago, the knock on Sha on becoming a BE coach was that he was too soft spoken and didn't command the room. I have every reason to believe that was true, so this didn't happen overnight. He has clearly worked on his own brand and turned a weakness into an incredible strength. That is not easy, but that gives you a sense of how he attacks something.

What a difference from KW!Reading between the lines Richmond and Samuel need to step up to Sha's challenge.I hope the younger David gets significant PT.

Reactions: walshtrips
I think that those posters who suggest Sha doesn’t use ” Coach Speak “ got it right and it is refreshing to hear a coach tell it like it is. Good to hear him talk so glowing about a freshman Tae Davis .

Last edited:
Explains a lot when you see players with so much talent having trouble breaking through. Sha will get through to the returning players and will surprise on the upside.

What a difference from KW!Reading between the lines Richmond and Samuel need to step up to Sha's challenge.I hope the younger David gets significant PT.
Uhm, It is clear that Samuel is giving the effort. He is trying to get him to be of a different state of mind - to be a beast on the court-. With Richmond and perhaps other guards is that he is not too happy with the effort.

I'm curious if Richmond starts the season in game shape. Although last year he had injury and Covid excuse, but the previous year Boeheim implied the same thing at Cuse.

I'm curious if Richmond starts the season in game shape. Although last year he had injury and Covid excuse, but the previous year Boeheim implied the same thing at Cuse.

I don't remember if he started last season in game shape or not but Kadary played a ridiculous amount of minutes after Aiken went down. I would think you'd have to be in pretty decent shape to play those kind of minutes.

Reactions: Piratz and mbraue
I don't remember if he started last season in game shape or not but Kadary played a ridiculous amount of minutes after Aiken went down. I would think you'd have to be in pretty decent shape to play those kind of minutes.
Richmond was carrying more weight than most of the players on the team last season. Richmond will do well if he comes into the season in great shape.

Reactions: HALL85 and mbraue
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT