ADVERTISEMENT

Changes with Medical School

The decision by Seton Hall to enter into the medical school joint venture with Meridian was a noble one but seriously flawed and demonstrated a troublesome lack of due diligence by the decision makers on what the financial implications and demands would be required of us. If there is any positive that comes from this misguided effort it is that we have extracted ourselves from any further financial drain on our limited resources going forward.

That brings me to what I believe has to be recognized and acknowledged by the key decision makers at SH and that is for our University to grow and prosper it must undertake as its top priority a major fundraising campaign and the failure to do so could see us become stagnant and lose the recent momentum that was built up during Gabe's tenure.

I would also add that our fundraising efforts cannot be just focused on a single campaign but must be a daily effort by those responsible for that task.As so many private universities have recognized one of the key , and in many cases, the top priority in hiring a president is that person's ability to raise funds and that has to be an absolute must in who is selected to run this University.

There is nothing insightful in a comment that the school has to recognize and acknowledge the need to fundraiser.

It is fair game to discuss their tactical success and/or failure in this area but to imply that they have not considered fundraising as a strategy is disrespectful

Seems the students see this the same way most of us do...as an embarrassment to the university! http://www.thesetonian.com/2018/04/18/hasta-la-vista-seton-hall-school-of-medicine/

I'm thinking that the alumni of this medical school will not be Seton Hall alumni and we won't be benefiting from any great research grants either. Just waiting for our rankings to slip once again as the cherry on top this shit sundae! Sorry, but just getting 25% of the available seats isn't cutting it. No one has been able to spell out any great benefits to this new deal.

Under what conditions will it be acceptable for the next president to be less than a home run?

Unfortunately, nowadays it's pretty difficult to start your medical path as it is almost impossible to get accepted at a medical school. By me, this is not correct as our society needs more heroes that save people's lives every day. I know how it feels when you have a dream, but can't achieve it, and therefore I would like to recommend you a site where you can get the opportunity for applying to caribbean medical schools. I am sure this information will help you as it helped me. Stay safe, stay hungry for your goal, and never let it go. I trust in you, and I am sure you will save many, many lives.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT