ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching carousel….

Damn, I'm off the board all afternoon to spend time with my wife who I don't see a lot except for weekends and I come here to read that a poster felt the need to go back over 2 years to find a post as noted above.

Well since you seem to want an explanation here we go.

Rumors were rampant that Willard was looking elsewhere, so I called a high admin at the school and asked outright. Said person told me he spoke to Willard and was told by our coach there was absolutely no truth that he would leave the Hall.

With that info I posted as such. Obviously Willard lied.

A short time later a different individual told me Willard was gone. A person who every single reader here knows by name. I couldn't post verbetem on the Trove but I could hint that he might be leaving which I did. Knowing in truth he was gone.

Now, currently, I have been assured by about 4-5 people involved with the school that tell me there is zero chance that Sha is leaving and in fact he's on campus now doing some stuff I can't detail.

Also, the media has been contacting the Hall as well as they are hearing what others have been saying and they too have been told to put absolutely no credence to story.

I try to do so much for our readers working 40-60 hours a week on this site and I read stuff above and then see how many people felt the need to like the post. Makes me wonder why the hell I do what I do for next to nothing.
Thank you @Halldan1 we all appreciate what you do for the site. Don't let 1 bad apple get you down!

Sha has a personality trait a small % of people have and that is loyalty. Just like there were yearly posts each April about all the schools contacting Jay Wright ( oh no the BE is doomed) , you guys need to stop getting your panties up your butt over tweets. It's what happens EVERY April and we should just appreciate the fact that other programs want our coach.

Thank you @Halldan1 we all appreciate what you do for the site. Don't let 1 bad apple get you down!
He's not a bad apple. But to go to that length and then see how many people liked the post is frustrating.

I'm trying to enjoy a Sunday afternoon at home with Hallrox and I had to read the above and then make a bunch of phone calls to see if anything changed.

No one wants to be bothered with those type of calls on a Sunday. Made me feel like a jerk reaching out to them.

That’s the crazy revisionism you’re good for…incorrect YOU said when we hired him we blew it and schools like IOWA were going to dumb their coach and hire Sha…totally clueless

Also, I hope we don’t lose him but check out Louisville twitter right now..already going nuts hating the “hire” that isn’t even a hire yet…shows you how in the toilet they are

If he can get double the money for more years god bless

Again…anyone in the know..can anyone tell me why Chris Mooney is impossible? I am sure he is but I’d like to know some reasons
i said sha was going to get major looks. cant imagine 2 years not making the tournament at seton hall makes him a hotter candidate than taking st. peter's to the elite 8. if he's getting looks now he got looks then.

i said sha was going to get major looks. cant imagine 2 years not making the tournament at seton hall makes him a hotter candidate than taking st. peter's to the elite 8. if he's getting looks now he got looks then.
Good try but false

Stick to taking personal shots at players

And declaring us dead in game threads about 5 min after tip

That’s your wheel house around here

Reactions: walshtrips
Decent % of posters didn’t think Shaheen was ready for a high major two years ago. Boy were they wrong. Plus after two “underperforming” seasons he’s wanted at one of the top 10 schools in the country. Thank God our posters aren’t making the decisions on our coaches.

- No comparison between Copeland's resume & Holloway's when we hired him.

- Louisville hasn't been a top 10 program in over a decade.

- Way too early to claim boy were they wrong.

Reactions: thehall07
We were a tournament team 6 out of the 7 years prior to 2023 so yes, I do believe the program under performed the past two years. Now I do think this year's team exceeded expectations considering the roster & lack of quality depth but that really shouldn't be the standard of success.
Can you please explain how a team can underperform but exceed expectations?

Bryce Drew should be the hottest name on the circuit if Grand canyon wins tonight. 3 years in a row to the tournament and a S16 appearance. vanderbilts a bad job and shouldn’t be held against him

I love Sha and think he is the right coach for the school.

To be objective, he is not perfect. He dropped a F Bomb during a press conference. The team got blown out a bunch of times this season and did not make the tournament in either of his 2 seasons (we should have this year but outside looking in, we still didn’t). He needs to develop a better public speaking presence as the face of the school, in time that will improve.

He can coach, that is clear. The kids respond to him, they play hard and he won games against 2 of the current sweet 16 (and a 3rd with a better whistle against Creighton). Player development is obvious and so is finding talent to fit his style.

But, He cannot truly complain about the initial NIL efforts by his good friend. the school responded with more speed than previously and appears to have the internal structure moving in the right direction. I would still like to see a professional fundraising team hired to support Mike McBride, and to build upon the current efforts of the alumni volunteers. But progress is being made, and Coach has to see that.

Good try but false

Stick to taking personal shots at players

And declaring us dead in game threads about 5 min after tip

That’s your wheel house around here
good try but true. stick to disparaging our coach. im glad your fake girls highschool JV coach friend heard that people don't like Sha, but its looking like Blue Bloods do.

Per a UL Source, the Indiana St coach may now be the favorite but Shaheen is still in the mix.......

The NIL situation needs to be addressed. 800k, if what is rumored is accurate, is less then some local Mid Majors. That is on us the fans and the admin. The fact that we are having this discussion about our Coach who is one of the programs most favorite sons in the modern era taking another job, is pathetic.

The school admin and fan base need to do some serious soul searching about if major sports is what we want to be a part of or if we should fold up shop.

Shout out to Halldan for all he does, without him and a few others, our pathetic NIL would be microscopic......

🙏 that the rumors of congress stepping in and putting a cap and rules on NIL and the transfer portal happens and happens ASAP.

Hallin

Per a UL Source, the Indiana St coach may now be the favorite but Shaheen is still in the mix.......

The NIL situation needs to be addressed. 800k, if what is rumored is accurate, is less then some local Mid Majors. That is on us the fans and the admin. The fact that we are having this discussion about our Coach who is one of the programs most favorite sons in the modern era taking another job, is pathetic.

The school admin and fan base need to do some serious soul searching about if major sports is what we want to be a part of or if we should fold up shop.

Shout out to Halldan for all he does, without him and a few others, our pathetic NIL would be microscopic......

🙏 that the rumors of congress stepping in and putting a cap and rules on NIL and the transfer portal happens and happens ASAP.

Hallin

Really really great to see you posting! Miss you around here. All great points.

Hallin

Miss you here and on the Trove big guy.

Hallin
That's the figure I had heard, but as I posted on the Trove we are now well past that number but still far short of our target of $1.5m. We've got to keep helping the Mikes, Walsh and McBride. Each of whom is doing a fabulous job.

Sha would be silly to not look at the Job and he would be silly to not take it if offered. If they are going to pay him 2-3 million more a year- I don't care who you are but you are highly unlikely to turn that down. Its a once in a lifetime opportunity. I have no idea how much we pay him but gonna guess that Louisville can easily double his salary.

Also, he is following an awful coach- if he is even mediocre he gains goodwill from the fans.

Sha would be silly to not look at the Job and he would be silly to not take it if offered. If they are going to pay him 2-3 million more a year- I don't care who you are but you are highly unlikely to turn that down. Its a once in a lifetime opportunity. I have no idea how much we pay him but gonna guess that Louisville can easily double his salary.

Also, he is following an awful coach- if he is even mediocre he gains goodwill from the fans.
They wouldn't even pay May 3.75M which is much less then a 2-3M raise for Shaheen. I can tell you, UL isn't paying Shaheen 5M. If he left, it would all be about NIL money.

good try but true. stick to disparaging our coach. im glad your fake girls highschool JV coach friend heard that people don't like Sha, but its looking like Blue Bloods do.
He’s actually a coach at Miami and u didn’t say didn’t like..they didn’t/don’t think his approach can work it’s different

You’re a joke again leave the board

Oh and to call them, as they stand now as a blue blood is ridiculous, also he is pretty far down on their list as a back up to the back up to the back up

BUT I can see it because, EXACTLY like Willard, people’s perception of us is so low that the face that we are not DePaul literally every year gets people’s antennas up automatically. So, to his credit he had a very good season with an average team and since people think it’s a borderline miracle we win any games..he’ll get attention

How much nil have you given? I’m up to $150 (which is peanuts) but I’ll get to $300 before year end..what are you up to?

Look at what Michigan paid the new coach, no way he gets that much $$…and I don’t think good will exists anymore anywhere…in 3 years if he’s not a s16/e8 pressure is on

This could be a strategy of his to shake up his current bosses at SHU to wake up..which is pretty smart imo

Coaches leaving for a bigger payday and having greater financial resources available to them is nothing new and we should not be surprised by the interest in Sha and his listening to offers to coach else where. The big issue I personally see is there are not a lot of viable candidates that would excite the fan base and keep our momentum going and going after a former SH player who is not ready would be a mistake.

If he does go, we need an outsider, a fresh perspective.

Coaches leaving for a bigger payday and having greater financial resources available to them is nothing new and we should not be surprised by the interest in Sha and his listening to offers to coach else where. The big issue I personally see is there are not a lot of viable candidates that would excite the fan base and keep our momentum going and going after a former SH player who is not ready would be a mistake.
It would be soul crushing to lose Sha. You can’t replace him you’re right

Reactions: Pirate Russ
Might be a dumb question but can NIL money come from outside of donors? Why are we not able to take a portion of ticket sales or build in a fee that goes towards this NIL pool of money or thinking outside of just straight donations. Maybe advertisement deals going towards this fund etc.

That's the figure I had heard, but as I posted on the Trove we are now well past that number but still far short of our target of $1.5m. We've got to keep helping the Mikes, Walsh and McBride. Each of whom is doing a fabulous job.
Win the NIT and this number will jump!

Might be a dumb question but can NIL money come from outside of donors? Why are we not able to take a portion of ticket sales or build in a fee that goes towards this NIL pool of money or thinking outside of just straight donations. Maybe advertisement deals going towards this fund etc.
The university cannot contribute to NIL. It’s not permitted.

Reactions: Pirate222
With all due respect, you and Mike Walsh do a hell of a lot more for our NIL than I have seen from anyone at the university, including Mike McBride. About 99% of the NIL information I see asking for donations, etc. is from this message board. The university has to do much better and cast a much wider net for donors.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT