ADVERTISEMENT

Covid test before meeting family for Holidays

If a family member asked for you to take a covid test before meeting for the holidays, you would be

• Angry and not do it even if it meant not seeing family

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Angry but begrudgingly do it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Annoyed but not a big deal

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Happy to do it to make our gathering safe

Votes: 20 76.9%

• Total voters
I didn't vote so that probably takes your percentage down to 60-70% of your very small sample size. ;)
82% down to 77%. sample size is enough for this board.

why didnt you vote? because "throw a tantrum" wasnt an option? 😆

82% down to 77%. sample size is enough for this board.

why didnt you vote? because "throw a tantrum" wasnt an option? 😆

I don't believe supporting the testing regime is a good thing. Somebody's making a ton of money off it at the expense of vulnerable, fearful people. The more you test, the more you prolong the panic as you pick up false positives and asymptomatic cases. Fuel for the media and political fire.

Testing is also another gateway to the continued march towards a surveillance state.

I don't believe supporting the testing regime is a good thing. Somebody's making a ton of money off it at the expense of vulnerable, fearful people. The more you test, the more you prolong the panic as you pick up false positives and asymptomatic cases. Fuel for the media and political fire.

Testing is also another gateway to the continued march towards a surveillance state.
yea but one time for your mom? sweet ol mom who brought you in to this world? after all shes always right.

I didnt vote either, as I do not believe it is a cut or dry answer, really all depends on circumanstances.

If someone in gathering was severly immunocomprimised and I or other people did not visit them frequently, I could see getting tested if they requested.

But if was family member, who goes to work regularly, kids go to school and play sports and I present no more risk of having covid then they encounter weekly, what is the point, especially if vaccinated?

So my answer could fall into one of many of the choices depending on who or why they are requesting test.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
. But if was family member, who goes to work regularly, kids go to school and play sports and I present no more risk of having covid then they encounter weekly, what is the point, especially if vaccinated?

there is no point, but its family and you do things for them even if they dont make sense.

there is no point, but its family and you do things for them even if they dont make sense.

Exactly, I have done plenty of annoying things for family that may not necessarily make sense. It's family.

Do not disagree with your statement about famiy, but difference between request from your mother/father vs a wacky sister in law or maybe a cousin you only see few times a year. Also, never said wouldnt get test, just didnt answer since my response would be different depending on who/why test was requested.

So let me ask you this, you have a close unvaccinated family member, do you tell them not to come to holiday gathering? What if you mention to them to get a test and they do not? As you said above, it is family.

I am vaccinated with booster, so I am not anti vaccine/covid denier.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Do not disagree with your statement about famiy, but difference between request from your mother/father vs a wacky sister in law or maybe a cousin you only see few times a year. Also, never said wouldnt get test, just didnt answer since my response would be different depending on who/why test was requested.

So let me ask you this, you have a close unvaccinated family member, do you tell them not to come to holiday gathering? What if you mention to them to get a test and they do not? As you said above, it is family.

I am vaccinated with booster, so I am not anti vaccine/covid denier.
my family has actually told my unvaxxed uncle he cant come to a holiday. hes also a loony toon trumper/borderline qanon so maybe just an excuse.

personally if u do the test the day you come and its negative, who cares if youre vaxxed.

my family has actually told my unvaxxed uncle he cant come to a holiday. hes also a loony toon trumper/borderline qanon so maybe just an excuse.

personally if u do the test the day you come and its negative, who cares if youre vaxxed.
But I thought you told me 10 minutes ago you do things for family even if they do not make sense?

So is he not invited because he is a loony Trump supporter or because he is unvaxinated? What if it was say your unvaxinated liberal pregnant cousin?

Reactions: Pirata and shu09
I’m going to make my unvaxxed brother-in-law & family agree to a test to come to my house. Not because I’m overly concerned, but because I hate his wife and there’s a better than 50% chance they won’t want to test. 😂

That’s if I host. We’re currently testing ourselves as 3/4 have symptoms and had relatives that we were with Saturday tested positive.

So far wife is negative, going to test one kid to feel better and watch the rest of the week. I’m asymptomatic other than a slight headache and sneezing, but I’ve also been doing lots of cleaning/projects this week kicking up some dust.

And highly recommend getting a pulse oximeter. Nice to have some reassurance when your son has crappy lungs and is throwing off 98s while sleeping. For reference, his protocol for past releases from the hospital were to maintain no lower than 85 while sleeping without oxygen support.

But I thought you told me 10 minutes ago you do things for family even if they do not make sense?

So is he not invited because he is a loony Trump supporter or because he is unvaxinated? What if it was say your unvaxinated liberal pregnant cousin?
he wasnt invited because its my parents house (dads brother) not mine. guess you didnt think of that? im a guest just the same as he is.

i dont choose who is or isnt invited. but i can choose my actions when being invited.

big swing and a whiff on this one shu09 going down too.

he wasnt invited because its my parents house (dads brother) not mine. guess you didnt think of that? im a guest just the same as he is.

i dont choose who is or isnt invited. but i can choose my actions when being invited.

big swing and a whiff on this one shu09 going down too.
You did the same thing yesterday. So I guess that makes your comment about my parenting when I was talking about discussions I was having with others was a big swing and a whiff?

I didn't vote because I did not find a answered that fit.

I would not be annoyed and would not be happy but I would get the test albeit I find the request ridiculous.

Does the relative expect me to quarantine from the time I get the test until the time I visit?

Family is often a strain and around the holiday time, I try to just let things slide and avoid trouble.
Agree with the above although my family isn’t a strain …. Or I’m just old enough to have officially established my ability to block out some things

Reactions: Pirata
You did the same thing yesterday. So I guess that makes your comment about my parenting when I was talking about discussions I was having with others was a big swing and a whiff?
the one about you acting like spitting in a vile is child torture?

You swung and you missed and now you want to argue balls and strikes.
how did i swing and miss. youre saying its torture no? are you not? swab/spit doesnt matter.

or are u just being a gigantic baby. pick one.

how did i swing and miss. youre saying its torture no? are you not?

or are u just being a gigantic baby. pick one.
So let's follow your own logic. 96 swung and missed because he didn't think it was your parents house.

Your comment back to me was about raising my kid like a ***** when I clearly said in discussion I had with others. By your own logic that was a swing and miss.

So let's follow your own logic. 96 swung and missed because he didn't think it was your parents house.

Your comment back to me was about raising my kid like a ***** when I clearly said in discussion I had with others. By your own logic that was a swing and miss.
so its not your own kid? you were talking about someone else? that wasnt clear, but i apologize if so. amd swing and miss if so. though the fact you sympathize and agree sort of makes my statement still true.

i dont agree with my parents initial take with my uncle. i told them that. this year for xmas i have convinced them that a neg test is the only thing that matters if you meed restrictions

Aren't tests hard to come by from what I've read? Boggles my mind why people would wait in huge lines to find out it they have a cold or not.

so the nasal swab is torture.

I had to get a Covid test a few weeks ago pre -surgery.

When I got in the room, the tech said she was going to do both nostrils. I tensed up expecting to get it stuck up there far.

I was pleasantly surprised that she gently rubbed the inside of the nose and there was no discomfort at all.

She said they stopped doing the deep forays months ago.

When I got in the room, the tech said she was going to do both nostrils. I tensed up expecting to get it stuck up there far.

I was pleasantly surprised that she gently rubbed the inside of the nose and there was no discomfort at all.

Agree. The early ones would make you tear up. Now its less intrusive than cleaning you ear with a q-tip.

sounds frightening

Agree. The early ones would make you tear up. Now its less intrusive than cleaning you ear with a q-tip.
i took the early one before. it was maybe .5 seconds then over.

now cvs even has you do it on your own.

There’s nothing to figure out… Lol.

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Latest projections from NJ IHME predictions are incredible. Current prediction is omicron peaks around January 12th. That day there would be 110,000 positive tests in the garden state. We are at around 10,000 today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT