ADVERTISEMENT

COVID Vaccine

I remember when the vaccine was first rolling out I stated that the efficacy wasn’t nearly what they were stating and a few people, namely merge mocked me by giving me the cdc numbers that it was 98% effective or whatever… everything I’ve said is 100% right and he mocked me for it. The vaccines don’t do a damn thing to prevent the virus, or if it does it is for a very brief time, or prevent you from spreading the virus like we were told and I was mocked for saying it didn’t. I don’t think the regular flu vaccine does much either…

I said from the very beginning the virus was created in that lab in wuhan and the cdc knew it was, again I was mocked. I said the vaccine won’t do anything, all those numbers they had was from a very very small controlled group, wasn’t real world data….

I’d love to know the data behind the percentage of vaccinated people who get this white lung thing

Reactions: shu09
I remember when the vaccine was first rolling out I stated that the efficacy wasn’t nearly what they were stating and a few people, namely merge mocked me by giving me the cdc numbers that it was 98% effective or whatever… everything I’ve said is 100% right and he mocked me for it. The vaccines don’t do a damn thing to prevent the virus, or if it does it is for a very brief time, or prevent you from spreading the virus like we were told and I was mocked for saying it didn’t. I don’t think the regular flu vaccine does much either…

I said from the very beginning the virus was created in that lab in wuhan and the cdc knew it was, again I was mocked. I said the vaccine won’t do anything, all those numbers they had was from a very very small controlled group, wasn’t real world data….

I’d love to know the data behind the percentage of vaccinated people who get this white lung thing

Regular people, particularly those with left leaning political views like Merge, got caught up in groupthink. Because of that, the issue became politicized. That led to those in power (Biden & Dem governors) pushing authoritarian restrictions and mandates because it appeased their political bases. Never before has a vaccine, especially one like this that used an experimental delivery method and didn't really work well, been mandated through various means on the general population. It certainly makes you wonder why. The covid era was a huge overreaction, dystopian, and scary. It revealed that many in our country like being restricted and told what to do. In essence, we have a lot of sheep in our nation.

I've found in my life that when decisions are made based on emotions rather than facts, bad things happen. During covid, decisions were based on emotions (you're a grandma killer! people are dying! don't you have a heart?) rather than facts (80% of cases are mild and require no treatment, most who die of it are very old and would have died from most other illnesses (flu, pneumonia, etc.), kids were rarely affected).

Moving forward, I will never forget where politicians stood on this issue when making voting decisions. It was the defining issue of our time on whether a politician will stand for freedom, or submit to/impose authoritarianism.

Reactions: dehere23
Regular people, particularly those with left leaning political views like Merge, got caught up in groupthink. Because of that, the issue became politicized. That led to those in power (Biden & Dem governors) pushing authoritarian restrictions and mandates because it appeased their political bases. Never before has a vaccine, especially one like this that used an experimental delivery method and didn't really work well, been mandated through various means on the general population.
Drug discovery normally takes many years to ensure a drug is safe and efficacious. The process was sped up and short-circuited for good reasons (to benefit those that were unhealthy and older) but mandates were a waste. Even now the government is pushing vaccinations and testing because they overcommitted to the drug and diagnostic companies….not because it’s prudent. But the public including most of the staunchest vaccine supporters are not getting it. So much for high and mighty.
It certainly makes you wonder why. The covid era was a huge overreaction, dystopian, and scary. It revealed that many in our country like being restricted and told what to do. In essence, we have a lot of sheep in our nation.
We have become Canada….bahhh
I've found in my life that when decisions are made based on emotions rather than facts, bad things happen. During covid, decisions were based on emotions (you're a grandma killer! people are dying! don't you have a heart?) rather than facts (80% of cases are mild and require no treatment, most who die of it are very old and would have died from most other illnesses (flu, pneumonia, etc.), kids were rarely affected).
Let’s not also forget that most of the fatalities had comorbidities which never became part of the daily messaging. And here we are almost four years later and barely a peep from the government and MSM about the importance of being healthy.
Moving forward, I will never forget where politicians stood on this issue when making voting decisions. It was the defining issue of our time on whether a politician will stand for freedom, or submit to/impose authoritarianism.
Anytime a politician says “follow the science”, my response is SMD.

Oh yeah, we turned a lifetime bureaucrat into a media star…that’s right “Fauch”….lol

Reactions: Pirata and shu09
Regular people, particularly those with left leaning political views like Merge, got caught up in groupthink. Because of that, the issue became politicized. That led to those in power (Biden & Dem governors) pushing authoritarian restrictions and mandates because it appeased their political bases. Never before has a vaccine, especially one like this that used an experimental delivery method and didn't really work well, been mandated through various means on the general population. It certainly makes you wonder why. The covid era was a huge overreaction, dystopian, and scary. It revealed that many in our country like being restricted and told what to do. In essence, we have a lot of sheep in our nation.

wait i dont remember biden being the one with the initial covid restrictions. i think it was a rep president no? and same goes for politicizing it.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
wait i dont remember biden being the one with the initial covid restrictions. i think it was a rep president no? and same goes for politicizing it.
Yes, Trump was pushing for all travel to stop from China and for restrictions (while Pelosi was urging people to go to Chinatown and hug people).

The whole pandemic was overly politicized throughout. I’m not excusing Trump at all as his messaging became a campaign. It was terrible although some of the things he put in place were good (like OWS).

In retrospect, the smart thing to have done initially was to have a very rigid lockdown; limit people coming into this country and isolate areas where those that were infected. The wave was going to hit eventually but buying a few months of time would have helped to better understand how to treat patients (like avoiding respirators, and not putting nursing home patients back into population).

Some areas waited way too long to re-open (politicized once again). The mental health wave that the healthcare community predicted from prolonged isolation has reared its ugly head now.

Trump was 💯 spot on in trying to prevent people from China to fly here in early 2020

The Democrats were 💯 against that
They played the race card as usual and instead were adamant about not limiting travel from China.

Now we know why of course, the Democrats needed the virus to spread quickly here and along with a fear mongering campaign , lockdowns, so they can change the way we vote (remotely ) , and make it possible to “beat” Trump.

Trump was right as he was on almost everything.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: silkcitypirate

Biden mandated vaccines for employers with over 100 people and masks on federally controlled transportation. Thankfully, he couldn't do much more as most restrictions were imposed and controlled by the states.

Democratic governors and local politicians were most to blame as they went furthest down the road of authoritarianism.

Trump was 💯 spot on in trying to prevent people from China to fly here in early 2020

The Democrats were 💯 against that
They played the race card as usual and instead were adamant about not limiting travel from China.

Now we know why of course, the Democrats needed the virus to spread quickly here and along with a fear mongering campaign , lockdowns, so they can change the way we vote (remotely ) , and make it possible to “beat” Trump.

Trump was right as he was on almost everything.
He's not gonna do you

Biden mandated vaccines for employers with over 100 people and masks on federally controlled transportation. Thankfully, he couldn't do much more as most restrictions were imposed and controlled by the states.

Democratic governors and local politicians were most to blame as they went furthest down the road of authoritarianism.
Politicians from both parties, who chose to politicize it were both wrong. But that said, they were governors that made better decisions than others, like DeSantis, as much as the MSM hates to admit that.

Biden also quickly defunded OWS, which was a big mistake. There are still major holes in our pandemic response strategy that needed to be addressed. But Trump created OWS and he had to stop it.

Pretty sure you had it done at the state level by both democrats and repunlican leaders. Here in NJ Murphy told us we could have no indoor dining, not the President.

if you’re honest, you know people that were jabbed and boosted , and they are experiencing health issues. From developing a chronic cough, clotting to more serious issues such as cancers.

It breaks my heart that the groupthink herd blindly followed evil

Yes, Trump was pushing for all travel to stop from China and for restrictions (while Pelosi was urging people to go to Chinatown and hug people).

The whole pandemic was overly politicized throughout. I’m not excusing Trump at all as his messaging became a campaign. It was terrible although some of the things he put in place were good (like OWS).

In retrospect, the smart thing to have done initially was to have a very rigid lockdown; limit people coming into this country and isolate areas where those that were infected. The wave was going to hit eventually but buying a few months of time would have helped to better understand how to treat patients (like avoiding respirators, and not putting nursing home patients back into population).

Some areas waited way too long to re-open (politicized once again). The mental health wave that the healthcare community predicted from prolonged isolation has reared its ugly head now.

in PA i didnt really notice anything too authoritarian. dem states had more restrictions, rep states had the highest death rates from covid. generally the vaccine was a good thing no? if you think it was bad then wouldnt OWS be bad too?

the appropriate reaction to a chinese lab made virus is overreact as opposed to underreact. it left the government and pharma on the hook with a bunch of vaccines years later that people eventually figured out they dont need. no ideal solutions to terrible situations.

it got politicized on both ends. the higher skewing comorbidity republican states saw countless examples of people who openly mocked the vaccine and ended up dying from covid. so far dem states havent had any definitive loss of life from getting he vaccine. i agree that the govt should have communicated more on promoting better health to limit comorbidities.... but shouldnt the states have also done that instead of attacking the vaccine? after all its a bigger issue in those red states.

Did you just have a thought in your head of Donald Trump having sex with me?

You are sick!
I’ll be you’re on a list or wear an ankle bracelet.
Ah yes, personal insults, the true sign of great keyboard warrior!

I was simply pointing out how obsessively you drool over the man. Apologies if I overestimated your ability to understand the idiom.

in PA i didnt really notice anything too authoritarian. dem states had more restrictions, rep states had the highest death rates from covid. generally the vaccine was a good thing no? if you think it was bad then wouldnt OWS be bad too?
You’re doing the same thing…applying blame by purely D/R. Looking at a state level is not a good indicator as many restrictions were managed at the city or local levels. The vaccine was a good thing (I certainly didn’t say it wasn’t). But ignoring other factors that were more important was wrong.
the appropriate reaction to a chinese lab made virus is overreact as opposed to underreact. it left the government and pharma on the hook with a bunch of vaccines years later that people eventually figured out they dont need. no ideal solutions to terrible situations.
Once again, the vaccine is good, but government misforcasted and continues to focus only on that vs healthy lifestyle. Less than 14% of public has gotten the booster so it’s Dems and Reps not getting it which for some reason seems to matter to you.
it got politicized on both ends. the higher skewing comorbidity republican states saw countless examples of people who openly mocked the vaccine and ended up dying from covid. so far dem states havent had any definitive loss of life from getting he vaccine. i agree that the govt should have communicated more on promoting better health to limit comorbidities.... but shouldnt the states have also done that instead of attacking the vaccine? after all its a bigger issue in those red states.
Yes everyone should have promoted healthy living and being proactive.

You’re doing the same thing…applying blame by purely D/R. Looking at a state level is not a good indicator as many restrictions were managed at the city or local levels. The vaccine was a good thing (I certainly didn’t say it wasn’t). But ignoring other factors that were more important was wrong.

Once again, the vaccine is good, but government misforcasted and continues to focus only on that vs healthy lifestyle. Less than 14% of public has gotten the booster so it’s Dems and Reps not getting it which for some reason seems to matter to you.

Yes everyone should have promoted healthy living and being proactive.
1) i was more so responding to SHU09s comment about the governors. generally cities had more restrictions which usually checks out with virus affect on population density. regardless i do remember some cities stretching out restrictions to the point where people just ignored them.

2) would rather the misforecast go the way it did, as opposed to not having enough or being too late. again, its a bad result primarily caused by the bad situation. i know reps and dems arent getting the vaccine anymore, im glad they dont need to. but now you get travis kelce trying to get you to double up since half the country still gets flu shots.

3) if its states responsibility too, perhaps you should mention it more considering the people that live the least healthy are in R states, where covid hit harder because of comorbidity and lack of vaccination.

all in all when you look back there is tons of hindsight. it could have been handled better, but lives were saved because of it. time to move on and forget that miserable time.

you hear a lot now about adult shingles and rsv vaccines. sounds compelling

1) i was more so responding to SHU09s comment about the governors. generally cities had more restrictions which usually checks out with virus affect on population density. regardless i do remember some cities stretching out restrictions to the point where people just ignored them.

2) would rather the misforecast go the way it did, as opposed to not having enough or being too late. again, its a bad result primarily caused by the bad situation. i know reps and dems arent getting the vaccine anymore, im glad they dont need to. but now you get travis kelce trying to get you to double up since half the country still gets flu shots.

3) if its states responsibility too, perhaps you should mention it more considering the people that live the least healthy are in R states, where covid hit harder because of comorbidity and lack of vaccination.

all in all when you look back there is tons of hindsight. it could have been handled better, but lives were saved because of it. time to move on and forget that miserable time.

you hear a lot now about adult shingles and rsv vaccines. sounds compelling
It could have been handled a lot better, but what’s worse is that the government leaders have not acknowledged what went wrong and what we need to do to minimize the effects/casualties of the next pandemic.

We are an unhealthier population (more comorbidities), mentally unhealthier (much of it created by prolonged isolation strategies), with virtually no plan or messaging to the public to turn that around.

It could have been handled a lot better, but what’s worse is that the government leaders have not acknowledged what went wrong and what we need to do to minimize the effects/casualties of the next pandemic.

We are an unhealthier population (more comorbidities), mentally unhealthier (much of it created by prolonged isolation strategies), with virtually no plan or messaging to the public to turn that around.
admitting you did wrong is something that this country seems to lack across the board.

as it relates to a plan on mental health, have you seen this?

That’s my point…If we handled the pandemic better, we wouldn’t have to make these kind of in mental health. It’s all reactive. We could have prevented a lot of this.

That’s my point…If we handled the pandemic better, we wouldn’t have to make these kind of in mental health. It’s all reactive. We could have prevented a lot of this.
regardless of the pandemic, these are great measures for mental health and should be noted. again, biden wasnt president when the majority of the impact happened. but you cant just say nothing is done about mental health. clearly it looks like it is.

regardless of the pandemic, these are great measures for mental health and should be noted. again, biden wasnt president when the majority of the impact happened. but you cant just say nothing is done about mental health. clearly it looks like it is.
After the fact. We shouldn’t be here.

https://www.axios.com/2023/12/05/us-students-pisa-global-assessment

Another piece of collateral damage of poor decisions and cow-towing to teacher unions and politicization.

"The big picture: 31 countries and economies maintained or improved upon their 2018 math scores, including Switzerland and Japan. Countries that did so shared some common characteristics, including shorter school closures during the pandemic and fewer impediments to remote learning, per the report."

Last edited:
After the fact. We shouldn’t be here.

https://www.axios.com/2023/12/05/us-students-pisa-global-assessment

Another piece of collateral damage of poor decisions and cow-towing to teacher unions and politicization.

"The big picture: 31 countries and economies maintained or improved upon their 2018 math scores, including Switzerland and Japan. Countries that did so shared some common characteristics, including shorter school closures during the pandemic and fewer impediments to remote learning, per the report."
what was japans covid measures?

https://www.pressreader.com/usa/texarkana-gazette/20231207/281711209423846

Good example of the hypocrisy of government and power of lobbyists.

It’s a FACT that ultra processed food (UPF) is unhealthy and there is unanimous agreement. But no public service, public education, nor even warnings…why? Big food ties to the Federal Government.

And consumption went up during the pandemic. So all the government supporting mandatory vaccinations, ignores legislation and educational on critically important information that is even more deadly.

Reactions: SHUSA
https://www.pressreader.com/usa/texarkana-gazette/20231207/281711209423846

Good example of the hypocrisy of government and power of lobbyists.

It’s a FACT that ultra processed food (UPF) is unhealthy and there is unanimous agreement. But no public service, public education, nor even warnings…why? Big food ties to the Federal Government.

And consumption went up during the pandemic. So all the government supporting mandatory vaccinations, ignores legislation and educational on critically important information that is even more deadly.
i have to assume this has gone on since the invention of sausage and bacon.

heres another anecdote, ive been looking for a bulk bag of brown rice for a while now. Acme, giant, grocery outlet, aldi, wegmans, etc. theres about 4 different bulk bags of white rice in every store. no brown rice. i dont need to tell you the difference between the two lol. bulk healthy food doesnt exist.

Also on Amazon.

Healthy food does exist. You may have to work little harder to find it.

Just following the advice to shop the perimeter of the grocery store is a big step.

Last edited:
Reactions: HALL85
It’s quite apparent now that those who are boosted are getting sick more often especially coughs.

The jabs fcked up their immune systems.

Who’s old enough to remember when we heard stories of the obedient “vaxxed” who wouldn’t let family or friends come into their homes if they were “unjabbed”

How insane

The entire covid era was insanity personified. An insane reaction to a virus that doesn't threaten the vast majority of the population. An insane push to vaccinate everyone (and require it). Insane restrictions. Insane work and school policies.

It was a revealing time, though. It taught me who I can count on to think rationally in times of stress and, more importantly, who I cannot.

Reactions: dehere23
The entire covid era was insanity personified. An insane reaction to a virus that doesn't threaten the vast majority of the population. An insane push to vaccinate everyone (and require it). Insane restrictions. Insane work and school policies.

It was a revealing time, though. It taught me who I can count on to think rationally in times of stress and, more importantly, who I cannot.
A case study in government over reach and putting politics ahead of sound decision making.

“COVID-19 vaccination rates are low this winter, with the CDC reporting 17.2% of adults having received the latest booster, along with 7.7% of children under 18 and 9.6% of pregnant people, as of Dec. 2.”

Where are all the self-righteous that were vax shaming now? Seems like they are passing on the booster. Did they stop following the science?

https://news.yahoo.com/cdc-warns-urgent-increase-vaccinations-003311943.html

You left out the giant waste of money. Fully functioning businesses got millions in ERC money for which they lost nothing. Some companies made more money while not operating at full capacity for example pizzerias who just didn’t have indoor dining like they normally had. I deal with a non profit which went from a 6 figure deficit to a 6 figure surplus primarily off covid funds.

Reactions: shu09 and HALL85
Wegmans has it in our store. 5 - 15 lb bags

wegmans is too expensive for 90% of the country for everything but produce.

but the website had a 15lb bag for $30. seems like an awesome deal that you cant find in stores. this is what we should be promoting.

Last edited:
90% of people who want to eat healthy don’t buy in bulk because real healthy food goes bad. I want healthy food that’s going to last on the shelf for 2 months is kind of a contradiction. Usually the word that goes with healthy is fresh.
im really just talking about rice here lol. brown rice/qinoa can be bought in bulk, but you only see white rice in stores.

i agree with your post, but just adding more context to mine.

A case study in government over reach and putting politics ahead of sound decision making.

“COVID-19 vaccination rates are low this winter, with the CDC reporting 17.2% of adults having received the latest booster, along with 7.7% of children under 18 and 9.6% of pregnant people, as of Dec. 2.”

Where are all the self-righteous that were vax shaming now? Seems like they are passing on the booster. Did they stop following the science?

https://news.yahoo.com/cdc-warns-urgent-increase-vaccinations-003311943.html
part of it is that most people have had covid and believe their natural immunity is enough. before the effects of covid were really known and before people got covid themselves i think a lot of people wanted the vaccine. believe it or not there were a lot of level headed free thinking people who actually wanted the vaccine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT