ADVERTISEMENT

COVID Vaccine

im really just talking about rice here lol. brown rice/qinoa can be bought in bulk, but you only see white rice in stores.

i agree with your post, but just adding more context to mine.
I’m just saying there may not be a market for brown rice to be bought in bulk because the people who would buy it are shopping for fresh ingredients 3-4 times a week. They probably aren’t the type of people who buy in bulk. It’s probably not moving off the shelves at a fast enough rate for many places to want to sell it. Also people eating healthy are concerned about portion control. May be a psychological thing not have things in bulk around.

Last edited:
wegmans is too expensive for 90% of the country for everything but produce.
I think this is an old stereotype that doesn't fly anymore. I've recently been shopping at Wegmans and I've found only a few things are more expensive than elsewhere. I actually think the produce is one of the more expensive items, believe it or not, but not by much. Milk, for instance, is lower at Wegmans than Shop Rite. I alternate between both depending where I am.

part of it is that most people have had covid and believe their natural immunity is enough. before the effects of covid were really known and before people got covid themselves i think a lot of people wanted the vaccine. believe it or not there were a lot of level headed free thinking people who actually wanted the vaccine.
There were level headed people that got the vaccine for good reasons.

There were also unhinged people that got the vaccine and were adamant that everyone else should get it.

I don’t know why 83% of the population is not getting the booster, but the government is certainly telling everyone to.

There were level headed people that got the vaccine for good reasons.

There were also unhinged people that got the vaccine and were adamant that everyone else should get it.

I don’t know why 83% of the population is not getting the booster, but the government is certainly telling everyone to.
I was in the opinion we cut too much red tape for the vaccine. How long does the typical vaccine go through testing, 3-4 years? We got this done in 10 months. Something fishy to me. I love the comment but the technology has been around decades. So has the technology with every vaccine we test 3-4 years or however long we test it, yet they all still get tested for a lengthy period of time. This just felt rushed. Maybe it needed to be rushed because of how unhealthy we are as a country. But relatively healthy people in my opinion should have been advised to consult their doctor in my opinion not just rush to take it.

I was in the opinion we cut too much red tape for the vaccine. How long does the typical vaccine go through testing, 3-4 years? We got this done in 10 months. Something fishy to me. I love the comment but the technology has been around decades. So has the technology with every vaccine we test 3-4 years or however long we test it, yet they all still get tested for a lengthy period of time. This just felt rushed. Maybe it needed to be rushed because of how unhealthy we are as a country. But relatively healthy people in my opinion should have been advised to consult their doctor in my opinion not just rush to take it.
This. It was rushed to get the vaccine out ASAP and for many that was a good thing. But clinical trials take many years for a reason. The technology had been around but never applied to a vaccine.

Everyone should have consulted their physician and made the best personal choice on their own. Mandatory vaccinations were dumb. Singular messaging was dumb. Listening to the MSM as a trusted source was dumb.

This. It was rushed to get the vaccine out ASAP and for many that was a good thing. But clinical trials take many years for a reason. The technology had been around but never applied to a vaccine.

Everyone should have consulted their physician and made the best personal choice on their own. Mandatory vaccinations were dumb. Singular messaging was dumb. Listening to the MSM as a trusted source was dumb.
What I find comical is that the anti Trump MSM was in favor of a vaccine that Trump allowed to be rushed by cutting red tape. Why weren’t they against putting something in your body that didn’t go through proper testing. It was just bizarre to me. Even a person like me who is far from a Trump hater like the MSM is, thought him allowing pharmaceutical companies to get a vaccine out in 7-10 months was ridiculously unsafe. I’m not anti vax but I’m just pro real science. Science takes years on something like this, not months. I found it odd from the beginning that the vaccine was something democrats favored and republicans seemed to question when Trump cutting red tape was a big part of making it happen. Politically I figured it would be the other way around. However it probably had more to do with money than politics. Pharmaceutical companies wanted to make money and the government and media led the advertising.

Reactions: shu09 and HALL85
I think this is an old stereotype that doesn't fly anymore. I've recently been shopping at Wegmans and I've found only a few things are more expensive than elsewhere. I actually think the produce is one of the more expensive items, believe it or not, but not by much. Milk, for instance, is lower at Wegmans than Shop Rite. I alternate between both depending where I am.
theres definitely a lot of things it has absurd prices for, but the regular grocery store is indeed catching up including the fresh stuff.

Reactions: shu09
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT