ADVERTISEMENT

Crisis on the Border

Excellent news coverage. Spent 24 hours with someone who works in national security on Capitol Hill this past weekend. Our country is in serious trouble, they are very certain terror cells are once again alive and well but China has also had a field day with our open border. Some things I suspected were confirmed, but what is most shocking is how unprepared we are for the types of things our national security team are concerned about. The boat hitting the bridge investigation may very well reveal more than we are being told.

Excellent news coverage. Spent 24 hours with someone who works in national security on Capitol Hill this past weekend. Our country is in serious trouble, they are very certain terror cells are once again alive and well but China has also had a field day with our open border. Some things I suspected were confirmed, but what is most shocking is how unprepared we are for the types of things our national security team are concerned about. The boat hitting the bridge investigation may very well reveal more than we are being told.
Christopher Wray said there were multiple red flags like almost a year ago?? I’m still waiting for those executive orders.

We have no idea who is coming across our border, the really bad characters never get stopped. The border garbage/waste tells an important story. We received a years worth of Chinese nationals across our border in the last month. Meantime we have a leader asleep at the wheel.

We have no idea who is coming across our border, the really bad characters never get stopped. The border garbage/waste tells an important story. We received a years worth of Chinese nationals across our border in the last month. Meantime we have a leader asleep at the wheel.
Hmm. No blame on Republican House members that would not pass sweeping legislation with regard to immigration? Always one sided.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Hmm. No blame on Republican House members that would not pass sweeping legislation with regard to immigration? Always one sided.
Who has been in charge for over three years and allowed record numbers to cross?
Who ignored the problem until it became a liability for re-election?
Who can shut the border down tomorrow?

House GOP wants HR2 on senate floor or nothing...the lankford sinema bill was bipartisan with concessions from both parties and a defendant in NY state court told GOP not to vote because it is a campaign issue

I give you a lot of credit trying to defend this position. You cannot expect the other side to help you out when Biden created this mess. Obama would tell you himself never underestimate Joe’s ability for screwing things up.

Reactions: hallsoccer03
For those that feel Israel is being too aggressive, what is your solution?

My Take: Obviously I don't want to see innocent civilians killed. With that said, Hamas is a cowardly, terrorist organization. They are hiding behind and trying to blend in with the civilians. Hamas is more to blame for the civilian casualties than Israel. The civilians also take some blame in this. They voted Hamas in, and they are also not telling authorities where Hamas is hiding and who are members of Hamas.

Hamas needs to be totally destroyed. If Israel makes some kind of peace agreement, Hamas will only honor it long enough to regroup and plot another attack on Israel.

The civilians have a choice in this too. They can either allow Hamas to hide amongst them and put themselves at risk or they can give up the Hamas strongholds so that the cowards can be destroyed.

Biden need to take some action here too. Hamas still has American hostages. We need to support Israel 100% and get our Americans back home safely.

Reactions: shu09 and HALL85
You cannot expect the other side to help you out.

That's really all it comes down to.

Addressing the border is something both sides have failed on equally while pretending they care about the issue. Only trying to make sure they are the ones that get the political win.

Both sides have definitely failed with border policy as they both come up with plans but accompany them with other policies that are far right or far left and have nothing to do with the border.

Biden has taken the failure to an entirely new level. Illegals have been entering the country at a rate never seen before. On top of that he is allowing all these "asylum seekers" to come here in record numbers. They are taking over cities that cannot afford to properly care for them.

That's really all it comes down to.

Addressing the border is something both sides have failed on equally while pretending they care about the issue. Only trying to make sure they are the ones that get the political win.
Both sides have used this as a dog whistle issue and are leveraging for the 2024 election because it is the most important issue.

I would not say "equally" though...if Trump was able to implement his policies we wouldn't be where we are, but the "ripping children from their mothers arms" BS and making fun of "The wall" did more harm than good.

It's a total mess now and Biden can be doing things without Congressional approval which will not happen in an election year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT