ADVERTISEMENT

Do any of you care

chickenbox

All World
Jan 2, 2004
about the former president trying to overturn the last election, promoting baseless fraud thousands of time en route to successfully poisoning belief in the democratic process among tens of millions of fellow citizens, egging on violent opposition and now pledging to pardon those arrested if given the chance, efforting to install stooges in battleground states to disenfranchise voters and stand ready to invalidate the will of the citizenry the next go-around, and targeting those who in his own party who refuse to discard fealty to the constitution and republic to parrot his lies? Because this by far the most beyond crazy and destructive anything I've experienced in US politics, ever increasingly dangerous, and nothing I ever really thought would/could come to pass here.

And since I have to imagine all of you nonpartisan independent thinkers here must be apoplectic about these assaults on our rules of law and the end game we can see being pursued, I thought there would be pages of threads of outrage digging into these disgraces and seeds of civil conflict being planted. But for whatever reason they're not showing up in my browser and I can't figure out why.

about the former president trying to overturn the last election, promoting baseless fraud thousands of time en route to successfully poisoning belief in the democratic process among tens of millions of fellow citizens, egging on violent opposition and now pledging to pardon those arrested if given the chance, efforting to install stooges in battleground states to disenfranchise voters and stand ready to invalidate the will of the citizenry the next go-around, and targeting those who in his own party who refuse to discard fealty to the constitution and republic to parrot his lies? Because this by far the most beyond crazy and destructive anything I've experienced in US politics, ever increasingly dangerous, and nothing I ever really thought would/could come to pass here.

And since I have to imagine all of you nonpartisan independent thinkers here must be apoplectic about these assaults on our rules of law and the end game we can see being pursued, I thought there would be pages of threads of outrage digging into these disgraces and seeds of civil conflict being planted. But for whatever reason they're not showing up in my browser and I can't figure out why.
Got news for you, some on this site think it was stolen.

TDS Or did you just close the bar last night? Nice rant….

This has been going on for years, people are numb to it. We spent 3 years and millions of dollars when Trump got elected with Russia Gate only to find out it was all BS. The media and politicians beat a drum about how Trump stole the election using the Russians. As soon as accusers get elected they give Russia the ticket to open the pipeline to Germany that Trump had been denying. Are people OK with that? First day in office crippled our oil production here in the USA. When Germany starts getting there oil from Russia whose side do you think they will be on. Turn off the news and just think about it. We have inflation and poverty running wild, Russia on Ukraine’s border, North Korea back testing missiles and this is what your concerned about? Democrats are pushing for voter reform and no voter ID required. Relax Trump will probably not get nominated in 2024. We are one year into a 4 year presidency, let’s hope Biden and Harris can turn things around. People suffering from inflation and poverty are waiting for the greatest President ever elected (most votes of any one ever) to unite the country and build back better. Right now we are in the destruction mode before build back better can happen.

It’s not worth the time posting about it. Is it a disgrace that Trump wants to pardon those arrested during the January 6th insurrection. Absolutely!

Yet, there are so many who support him and his flagrant lawlessness. They like to believe lies like it was just a protest, it was Antifa or the FBI who did it. Utter nonsense. Then there are those who are more honest who believe that January 6 should have started the Civil War in the US.

I am pretty sure that many posters will vote for him again come 2024. He acts with impunity and why not? Republicans and his supporters will not hold him accountable.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
Exactly not worth posting about it. He’s not in office, but he is still controlling the narrative, which is exactly what he wants. Our current state of affairs are so bad that the party in control needs him as a distraction. Nobody is held accountable ever. Real Lawlessness is currently happening in a Democratic city near all of us.

TDS Or did you just close the bar last night? Nice rant

Exactly not worth posting about it. He’s not in office, but he is still controlling the narrative, which is exactly what he wants. Our current state of affairs are so bad that the party in control needs him as a distraction. Nobody is held accountable ever. Real Lawlessness is currently happening in a Democratic city near all of us.

Lol, see what I mean, posters like this are part of a big population that doesn’t care about what Trump does. They are cool with it. But, if Biden says he will announce a black female to the Supreme Court, they get their pantries in a bunch.

Trump also stated that Pence could have overturned the election. The whole January 6 was an attempted coup by lawlessness procedural tricks such as Pence rejecting the slate of electoral voters or by force by insurrection which Trump wants to pardon those people. https://www.newsweek.com/trump-overturn-election-mike-pence-1674436?amp=1

Clearly, you have no issue with a pardon

The pardon is a distraction, not a fan of Trump. Said numerous times on this board he is his own worse enemy. I personally feel worse for the regular folks who had businesses destroy and lost love ones during the summer riots. The mother who lost her police officer husband in NYC the other day. I guess you are right I don’t care about politicians who felt threatened on January 6th. Do I like where we are headed no I don’t. If I voted for Biden Harris I would want to have this discussion as well, so I do understand your point of view. I really could give a rats ass about what Trump is saying. He’s not the President and this is a nothing kind of discussion about something Trump cannot control. Are you worried he might be your president again?

I've moved on from Donald Trump. It's clear some on this board haven't.... TDS still alive and well. His thoughts, opinions and actions are irrelevant to me post-presidency. The irony in your post is that by continuing to talk about him, you play right into his hands.

Donald Trump had a chance to be a great president when he was elected. Instead he blew it because of his paranoia and narcissism. He got sucked into the very swamp he pledged to drain. Trump did not try to "overthrow" the last presidential election. He was simply too much of a baby to admit he lost to a 78 year old.

I'm with sami - No Trump, No Biden 2024.

The pardon is a distraction, not a fan of Trump. Said numerous times on this board he is his own worse enemy. I personally feel worse for the regular folks who had businesses destroy and lost love ones during the summer riots. The mother who lost her police officer husband in NYC the other day. I guess you are right I don’t care about politicians who felt threatened on January 6th. Do I like where we are headed no I don’t. If I voted for Biden Harris I would want to have this discussion as well, so I do understand your point of view. I really could give a rats ass about what Trump is saying. He’s not the President and this is a nothing kind of discussion about something Trump cannot control. Are you worried he might be your president again?
He is the presumptive Republican nominee for President. So what he says is relevant to the future of this country. So you can’t hide from what he says. It’s not a distraction. You just want to turn away and not discuss it.

Discussions on this board are for more important things like Biden said he will nominate a Black female for SCOTUS or Kamala said Jan 6 will be a date that lives in like Dec 7 and 9/11.

I thought there would be pages of threads of outrage digging into these disgraces and seeds of civil conflict being planted. But for whatever reason they're not showing up in my browser and I can't figure out why.
because its a board made up mostly of older white males who voted for him

Reactions: Seton75
I've moved on from Donald Trump. It's clear some on this board haven't.... TDS still alive and well. His thoughts, opinions and actions are irrelevant to me post-presidency. The irony in your post is that by continuing to talk about him, you play right into his hands.

He had a rally two days ago with thousands of people there. He just yesterday issued a statement that Mike Pence could have legally overturned the election.
It's not like he has faded into obscurity. He has the base and still controls the republican party.

Honestly if you look back on history, how many presidents have done anything remotely close to what he is still trying to do? It's easy to brush it off like it doesn't matter but at the same time, republican politicians are all afraid of him.

He had a rally two days ago with thousands of people there. He just yesterday issued a statement that Mike Pence could have legally overturned the election.
It's not like he has faded into obscurity. He has the base and still controls the republican party.

Honestly if you look back on history, how many presidents have done anything remotely close to what he is still trying to do? It's easy to brush it off like it doesn't matter but at the same time, republican politicians are all afraid of him.

Like I said, I've moved on from him. I was unaware that he held a rally two days ago or said something about Pence until you just informed me right now. I couldn't care less.

Trump still matters because he's got his eyes on returning to the White House. If he couldn't run for election again, I agree, who cares what he does, but were headed for the same shit storm we just went thru. It's not TDS to be scared where this country goes if he loses another elecfion.

Reactions: cernjSHU
Trump still matters because he's got his eyes on returning to the White House. If he couldn't win elecfion again, I agree, who cares what he does, but were headed for the same shit storm we just went thru. It's not TDS to be scared where this country goes if he loses another elecfion.

I don't think Trump is going to run in 2024.

I voted for Trump but do NOT want him as a nominee in 2024.I think he had a lot of good policies but his inability to accept the 2020 election results will be too much noise drowning out the important issues like immigration ,inflation etc.I don’t feel Biden will run again and would like a race between two new candidates.

Reactions: SHUSA and SnakeTom
2024 is a long way off to guys like Trump and Biden. Trump looks like a heart attack waiting to happen. Either one of these guys could be in a Senior Living establishment in 2024. I honestly do not think either one will be running for anything in 2024. I also voted for Trump but do not want him to be the nominee in 2024. I'm hoping Biden wakes up and starts uniting the country like he promised. We keep giving Trump a platform and causing more division and we just might get him again.

Well said. You might want to give this podcast a listen.

Well said. You might want to give this podcast a listen.
Haven't heard this, though it wouldn't surprise me if it covers similar ground to this piece: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opi...acked-and-might-collapse-canada-must-prepare/

The first several pages cover a neat accounting of just how bad things are have gone and are going. I found those more interesting than the later ones with various possible projections of what might next come.

2024 is a long way off to guys like Trump and Biden. Trump looks like a heart attack waiting to happen. Either one of these guys could be in a Senior Living establishment in 2024. I honestly do not think either one will be running for anything in 2024. I also voted for Trump but do not want him to be the nominee in 2024. I'm hoping Biden wakes up and starts uniting the country like he promised. We keep giving Trump a platform and causing more division and we just might get him again.
The mighty dollar Trump equals ratings. That’s why he has a platform. No other reason. If the news channels didn’t make money talking about him, they wouldn’t talk about him. They preach peace while creating division.

Trump is like Howard Stern 40 years ago. The average Stern listener listens for an hour and a half because they want to hear what he’ll say next. The average Stern hater listens for two and a half hours because they want to hear what he’s going to say next.

Reactions: sami and HALL85
The mighty dollar Trump equals ratings. That’s why he has a platform. No other reason. If the news channels didn’t make money talking about him, they wouldn’t talk about him. They preach peace while creating division.

Trump is like Howard Stern 40 years ago. The average Stern listener listens for an hour and a half because they want to hear what he’ll say next. The average Stern hater listens for two and a half hours because they want to hear what he’s going to say next.
This is so far off the mark. In the latest polls of Repulicans, Trump leads with 57%. The next closest is DeSantis with 12%. Trump is the presumptive nominee unless he goes to jail or he dies. I am not sure how any of you think he is not running again.

You want to turn it like the media is just pumping him up to create division. That's nonsense. Perhaps you are wishing that he would go away. But the facts are that he is running and he is going to win that nomination.

This is so far off the mark. In the latest polls of Repulicans, Trump leads with 57%. The next closest is DeSantis with 12%. Trump is the presumptive nominee unless he goes to jail or he dies. I am not sure how any of you think he is not running again.

You want to turn it like the media is just pumping him up to create division. That's nonsense. Perhaps you are wishing that he would go away. But the facts are that he is running and he is going to win that nomination.
You are the walking version of TDS....totally obsessed with lots of anger to boot. Polls don't mean squat right now...it's just name recognition. Didn't Matthew McConaughy lead in the Texas Governor poll at one point? Less than 10% chance he runs and he'll never make it past the first weekend if he does.

Reactions: shu09

I see what you're saying but a former US president holding rallies with thousands of people, calling the prosecutors investigating him racist radicals and admitting he wanted Pence to overturn the election is a little news worthy...

You might be a little numb to it now, but that is absolutely crazy and of course the media would cover that.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
You are the walking version of TDS....totally obsessed with lots of anger to boot. Polls don't mean squat right now...it's just name recognition. Didn't Matthew McConaughy lead in the Texas Governor poll at one point? Less than 10% chance he runs and he'll never make it past the first weekend if he does.
Only 10% he will run? And if he does run he won't get out of the first weekend? lol. You can categorize me anyway you want. But you are not living in reality. You either have your head in the sand or you are not being honest.

So you don't think poll numbers of a former President are relevant. Just like someone who has never entered the political arena. This is just an embarrassingly bad take.

Only 10% he will run? And if he does run he won't get out of the first weekend? lol. You can categorize me anyway you want. But you are not living in reality. You either have your head in the sand or you are not being honest.

So you don't think poll numbers of a former President are relevant. Just like someone who has never entered the political arena. This is just an embarrassingly bad take.
Personally, I don't think he's going to run...I don't see it. He may use his position for some kind of leverage, but his Presidential aspirations are done. At this point, you don't even know who is going to be running and announcing, so yes, it's just name recognition right now.

And I enjoy living in reality:)!

Reactions: shu09
Haven't heard this, though it wouldn't surprise me if it covers similar ground to this piece: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opi...acked-and-might-collapse-canada-must-prepare/

The first several pages cover a neat accounting of just how bad things are have gone and are going. I found those more interesting than the later ones with various possible projections of what might next come.
Excellent read
Thank you. I actually liked the last part. I am very aware and engaged with what is happening here. It was great to get the Canadian perspective and options.

Personally, I don't think he's going to run...I don't see it. He may use his position for some kind of leverage, but his Presidential aspirations are done. At this point, you don't even know who is going to be running and announcing, so yes, it's just name recognition right now.

And I enjoy living in reality:)!

I agree. I don't think he'll end up running.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT