ADVERTISEMENT

Does it get any better than our coach?

Sha, if he was on equal ground with any coach in the country I would have as much confidence in him as in anybody.

Few coaches connect with players better than him.
It's still hard to say so early in his career, but last year was a really impressive run within an unbalanced roster. Sometimes I feel as if some of the people on the board don't realize what a good coaching job that was. Well coached teams improved throughout the year. By the end of the season was playing very good basketball. I'm curious to see how he does with this year's roster.

It's still hard to say so early in his career, but last year was a really impressive run within an unbalanced roster. Sometimes I feel as if some of the people on the board don't realize what a good coaching job that was. Well coached teams improved throughout the year. By the end of the season was playing very good basketball. I'm curious to see how he does with this year's roster.

Unfortunately I think most of the country knows that. It will become VERY difficult for Seton Hall to keep him. If Willard was able to get a premier job, just wait until they come calling for Sha

Unfortunately I think most of the country knows that. It will become VERY difficult for Seton Hall to keep him. If Willard was able to get a premier job, just wait until they come calling for Sha
Who would be next in line? Grant? He bleeds Pirate Blue too. Mamu raved about the extra time after hours and on weekends that Grant put in with him. He and Sha are super close. Did they play on the same St. Pat's team?

Cope might get a look too. What he did with Wagner last year was impressive. It would definitely be an SHU alum with how hard the climate is now I'd say. Let's hope it's not a discussion we need to have for a long time.

2 things 1- how do you know Sha wont just be comfy at his alma mater? he's not gonna be poor you know, look at Jay Wright, he had many offers and comf. stayed at Nova forever basically, 2- you guys may not have noticed but me in the police world saw how his players said "yes sir" that's RESPECT...

Coaches move on for a lot of reasons. Money is one factor but for the great coaches, the reason to move or not is more about the ability to compete at the highest level.

In college that comes down to funding. Will I be able to recruit players and keep my own players year after year. Will I be able to hire a great staff, does the school support the program to be able to stand eye to eye with top teams.

Reactions: Halldan1
Coaches move on for a lot of reasons. Money is one factor but for the great coaches, the reason to move or not is more about the ability to compete at the highest level.

In college that comes down to funding. Will I be able to recruit players and keep my own players year after year. Will I be able to hire a great staff, does the school support the program to be able to stand eye to eye with top teams.
When money wasn’t item #1,2&3 to a prospective player, SHU was able to stand eye to eye with top teams. As recently as the Willard era SHU played a very competing OOC and beat top teams as well as finish top 3-4 in the BE. Not puffing up Willard, just saying that before NIL and free agency, SHU as right there. Going forward it’s going to be a challenge.

Eventually, I think that is inevitable. There's just too much money out there especially among P2 schools. But absent doing something spectacular, I suspect Holloway be in South Orange for at least a few more years.

Let's hope Sha keeps on performing where it's tough to keep him. And if we lose him, I hope it's because we had such an amazing season. Go Pirates!!

Reactions: CL82
2 things 1- how do you know Sha wont just be comfy at his alma mater? he's not gonna be poor you know, look at Jay Wright, he had many offers and comf. stayed at Nova forever basically, 2- you guys may not have noticed but me in the police world saw how his players said "yes sir" that's RESPECT...
wright retired the second NIL happened. its the best example against your point.

money isn't the issue. being able to do anything because of completely insufficient NIL.

When you’re Seton Hall, you’re always going to have to do more with less. It’s simply the nature of the beast and always has been, so why worry? We know the deal.

People grow to love the place and you can make it happen here and build a memorable legacy. Sha has that drive. He’ll be 48 this year and only in Year 7 as a HC. There’s a long way to go for him while taking nothing for granted.

wright retired the second NIL happened. its the best example against your point.

money isn't the issue. being able to do anything because of completely insufficient NIL.

When you’re Seton Hall, you’re always going to have to do more with less. It’s simply the nature of the beast and always has been, so why worry? We know the deal.

People grow to love the place and you can make it happen here and build a memorable legacy. Sha has that drive. He’ll be 48 this year and only in Year 7 as a HC. There’s a long way to go for him while taking nothing for granted.
I just wonder where all these Stillman School of Business alums are? Its a very highly ranked business school and I know many of them graduate and make lots of $$$$$ after, heck look at Mike Nzei if he's a VP at Goldman he isn't hurting, someone like him who played for us I would imagine can help. What about guys like Mamu who's now in the NBA, he's not making starter money, BUT he is in the NBA and making solid bank overall, wouldn't he want to help? Samuel Dalembert played like 13 seasons in the NBA, I would like to think he has a nice nest egg, are these guys not reached out 2? What about Adrian Griffin, he's been a player and long time NBA coach, he makes $$$$$... do we not reach out to our own player alums? If anybody know say something just curious.

Reactions: HallGuy23
I just wonder where all these Stillman School of Business alums are? Its a very highly ranked business school and I know many of them graduate and make lots of $$$$$ after, heck look at Mike Nzei if he's a VP at Goldman he isn't hurting, someone like him who played for us I would imagine can help. What about guys like Mamu who's now in the NBA, he's not making starter money, BUT he is in the NBA and making solid bank overall, wouldn't he want to help? Samuel Dalembert played like 13 seasons in the NBA, I would like to think he has a nice nest egg, are these guys not reached out 2? What about Adrian Griffin, he's been a player and long time NBA coach, he makes $$$$$... do we not reach out to our own player alums? If anybody know say something just curious.
i dont think stillmen is THAT highly ranked. you need whales. and seton hall doesn't have that many or at least many that have a close relationship with seton hall.

NBA guys are not considered whales . especially the ones you named.

Eventually, I think that is inevitable. There's just too much money out there especially among P2 schools. But absent doing something spectacular, I suspect Holloway be in South Orange for at least a few more years.

I don't see Sha staying at SHU forever but I also don't see him taking a P2 job out of state. I think it's just as likely that in five years or so he says goodbye to the 24/7 nonstop schedule and would take a media gig that allows him to stay in the NYC area so his children can grow up here and he can be around them more often, especially his son who is an aspiring player himself.

Reactions: CL82

I am not disagreeing that he's unlikely to be hurting, but a VP title in financial services is a much different meaning than a VP in other industries.

Reactions: Piratz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT